Sign in to follow this  
thethrax

Simple solution for offline raiding

Have each "server cluster" on for only a certain time of the day. For example, you could have 4 separate server clusters, each on for only the same 6 hours a day (eg. one cluster is 12pm-6am, 2nd cluster is 6am-noon, 3rd noon-6pm, 4th 6pm-midnight). Or 2 clusters on for 12 hours a day each, etc. They would all be completely separate characters, map, etc. The actual locations of the clusters could exist in the world zones that match up with prime time in that zone. Thus you wouldnt need NA or EU classifications.

For multiple reasons this would be attractive to players. First, players with an actual life can keep up with other players. Smaller companies and solo players should be able to survive easier. Offline raiding would become next to nil.

Another option might be to change up the schedule of each cluster a bit throughout the week, that way players could adjust their lives to that schedule. Example being M-F Cluster #3 is up from 6pm EST to midnight, and S-S Noon-Midnight or something like that.

And another option might be to leave the cluster up 24/7, but reduce or restrict what can be done based on the time of day in real life it is. 

Edited by thethrax
a

This has to go down as one of the worst suggestions put forward on this forum. The game already is having a hard time keeping the current clusters full and you want to create 4 more? You will end up with desolate lifeless semi PVE servers.

Lol they arent full because noone wants to play on them, because of stupid garbage like offline raiding being such a problem...

All they have to do is enable the same ORP system from ark and it's fine. Nothing extra.

• Confused 2

At it's peak, the game didn't have a large enough population to justify four server clusters for PvP.

Servers are expensive to maintain, and each cluster of 225 grids runs on 57 servers.

Edited by arzosah

3 hours ago, Asanna said:

All they have to do is enable the same ORP system from ark and it's fine. Nothing extra.

Yep because we all know that ARK ORP was a total success.........................

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Bullet Force said:

This has to go down as one of the worst suggestions put forward on this forum. The game already is having a hard time keeping the current clusters full and you want to create 4 more? You will end up with desolate lifeless semi PVE servers.

Also I dont believe you understand the solution.. the clusters could be regionalized based on the time of day that falls in that area's prime time, thus no need for labeling as EU or NA or China or whatever.. There could be a total of 4 clusters, each cluster is only available for 6 hours a day, or 2 clusters for 12 hours a day... etc.. Anyone could play on any cluster, or as many as they want. It would be easier for a casual player in many ways. If anything, the clusters would be even fuller because only one (or a percentage of the total) would be on at a time.

Edited by thethrax
  • Confused 1

While players might have their preferred times, many still find time to play in off hours. I mean I play mostly in the late evenings during the week but early morning in the weekends. There are better ways to solve this issue rather than restricting playing time choice for players.

52 minutes ago, Fefu said:

... There are better ways to solve this issue rather than restricting playing time choice for players.

There is no alternative other than installing some sort of raid timers (offline protection is the simplest solution here) to enforce PvP for Base-Raiding. Anything else will cater PvE Raids -> offline raids.

27 minutes ago, Ban Tier said:

There is no alternative other than installing some sort of raid timers (offline protection is the simplest solution here) to enforce PvP for Base-Raiding. Anything else will cater PvE Raids -> offline raids.

NO raider timers are the worst idea ever. 

4 hours ago, Ban Tier said:

I agree but then I come from EvE.

9 hours ago, Fefu said:

While players might have their preferred times, many still find time to play in off hours. I mean I play mostly in the late evenings during the week but early morning in the weekends. There are better ways to solve this issue rather than restricting playing time choice for players.

The only restriction is which character you're using, essentially. Without some sort of complicated pvp/pve mixed system like eve, or raid timers, I dont think there is a more elegant solution.

Another option might be to change up the schedule of each cluster a bit throughout the week, that way players could adjust their lives to that schedule. Example being M-F Cluster #3 is up from 6pm EST to midnight, and S-S Noon-Midnight or something like that.

Edited by thethrax

I am old fashioned I like to play a main whenever I want.

Also, games adjust to my life style not the other way round. I will consider the alternative if I am paid for it.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, thethrax said:

Also I dont believe you understand the solution.. the clusters could be regionalized based on the time of day that falls in that area's prime time, thus no need for labeling as EU or NA or China or whatever.. There could be a total of 4 clusters, each cluster is only available for 6 hours a day, or 2 clusters for 12 hours a day... etc.. Anyone could play on any cluster, or as many as they want. It would be easier for a casual player in many ways. If anything, the clusters would be even fuller because only one (or a percentage of the total) would be on at a time.

So I buy this game and I'm only allocated 6 hours of play time per day? That is really going to help with sales and play retention.......

19 hours ago, Asanna said:

It's as close as we are going to get.

So your saying the game should adopt a mechanic that has proven to be a failure and of which you have acknowledged it is a failure?

Edited by Bullet Force

6 minutes ago, Bullet Force said:

So your saying the game should adopt a mechanic that has proven to be a failure and of which you have acknowledged it is a failure?

Nope, never in anything I ever said did it say that at all. I said that's what they should apply because that's all the know how to do. 
What i said was "that's as close as we are going to get"
No matter WHAT we want, the Devs wont do it. They will "work with what they know" and apply that.

Edit: In case that hasn't been clear from day 1.

Edited by Asanna

Just now, Asanna said:

Nope, never in anything I ever said did it say that at all.
What i said was "that's as close as we are going to get"
No matter WHAT we want, the Devs wont do it. They will "work with what they know" and apply that.

Of course they won't add it. They already tried it in ARK and it failed miserably. They will need to come up with new solutions.

Just now, Bullet Force said:

Of course they won't add it. They already tried it in ARK and it failed miserably. They will need to come up with new solutions.

But they will. And it will fail, and then people will cry while like 30% of people will be happy about it.

1 minute ago, Asanna said:

But they will. And it will fail, and then people will cry while like 30% of people will be happy about it.

Meanwhile the 70% majority leave the game...