zottel

Atlas for crybabies

I have been playing from day 1 And also read Forum almost in Daily Basis And its so Fun to read. I mean honestly, instead of trying to survive ingame People spend countless of hours crying for Nerfs on Forum instead of playing the Game. Its early Access And still u cry for each Bug u find. I know this will piss off so many ppl, but there are also the ones like me. Let me Tell u a Story: it was a tiny pirate Group of 3 People with the Big Dream to conquer the ocean. We struggled for hours through laggs rollbacks And Server crashes to get a Raft build on Day 1. we sailed for 13 hours And finally found a Place to Stay. We claimed a few Parts of an Island And felt like Kings. After Building the First small base we logged off. As we logged back in, we were dead And our beds destroyed. A Lion glitched through a wall. We made a new Raft And sailed back to our Land. All we had was gone And only the Walls left. We  Farmed again instead of crying. This time we Build  beds on our Rafts. The next Day came And again all was destroyed by an Animal glitching in our base . This  time we Build a Platform base And Nothing ever destroyed our stuff again. We started Building a shipyard And making a galleon as farmrates were still low. As we logged back in someone Stole our claim And shipyard And destroyed the galleon. We claimed the Land back at nicht And found out that Sleeping Charakters can Contest claims. So we die And Farmed a new galleon. We Travellerscheck around to get us some Jones And sugarcane to tame animals. On our way back we got sunk by the many sotds. Next Time we got Cannons And Crew And made it back. We tamed everything we could tame, just to get them all Killed by an alpha. So we got Crew And Cannons around our animals to defense them And it worked.  I could  continue this for ages. What i Want to say is, stop crying or insulting the devs only because u cant think of a way to survive And work around some Bugs. There are Bugs u cant  work around i know. But just read the First 2 Sites of the Forum And i bet u will find stuff that happened to u too but u worked around it instead of crying or u just find stuff which is Super easy for u but others just Want to Flame cause they cant think of a way to make it work And Want to get everything  shove up into their lauf Asses.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

SMH  .........If people don't (so call cry) how is the game gonna get better? If people don't (so call cry) how are bugs gonna get fixed?  If people don't so (call cry) how are the devs to no where the game needs balanced or optimized? When you see the forums empty either the game is perfect or people just left cause of way to many bugs.....Devs dont read the minds of the player base......sure some get excited and vocal on here but thats called passion.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, zottel said:

I have been playing from day 1 And also read Forum almost in Daily Basis And its so Fun to read. I mean honestly, instead of trying to survive ingame People spend countless of hours crying for Nerfs on Forum instead of playing the Game. Its early Access And still u cry for each Bug u find. I know this will piss off so many ppl, but there are also the ones like me. Let me Tell u a Story: it was a tiny pirate Group of 3 People with the Big Dream to conquer the ocean. We struggled for hours through laggs rollbacks And Server crashes to get a Raft build on Day 1. we sailed for 13 hours And finally found a Place to Stay. We claimed a few Parts of an Island And felt like Kings. After Building the First small base we logged off. As we logged back in, we were dead And our beds destroyed. A Lion glitched through a wall. We made a new Raft And sailed back to our Land. All we had was gone And only the Walls left. We  Farmed again instead of crying. This time we Build  beds on our Rafts. The next Day came And again all was destroyed by an Animal glitching in our base . This  time we Build a Platform base And Nothing ever destroyed our stuff again. We started Building a shipyard And making a galleon as farmrates were still low. As we logged back in someone Stole our claim And shipyard And destroyed the galleon. We claimed the Land back at nicht And found out that Sleeping Charakters can Contest claims. So we die And Farmed a new galleon. We Travellerscheck around to get us some Jones And sugarcane to tame animals. On our way back we got sunk by the many sotds. Next Time we got Cannons And Crew And made it back. We tamed everything we could tame, just to get them all Killed by an alpha. So we got Crew And Cannons around our animals to defense them And it worked.  I could  continue this for ages. What i Want to say is, stop crying or insulting the devs only because u cant think of a way to survive And work around some Bugs. There are Bugs u cant  work around i know. But just read the First 2 Sites of the Forum And i bet u will find stuff that happened to u too but u worked around it instead of crying or u just find stuff which is Super easy for u but others just Want to Flame cause they cant think of a way to make it work And Want to get everything  shove up into their lauf Asses.

Stop crying about our crying

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Its mostly causals and PVE types that venture onto PVP servers and withing hours get deleted then decide to spend the next week on the forum complaining about the game 'dieing' or being too hard, or other companies being too strong. It's rather amusing after a while. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, zottel said:

I have been playing from day 1 ... [snipped mundane story]

Yes, we've mostly all been there since day one and all with similar stories.  Some moan, some don't - who cares though, really.  If people want to moan, let them get on with it, because it doesn't affect my play style in any way.

People writing here without grammar, point and comma demonstrate just a lack in age, social competence and understanding of human society.

The game is completely broken in its current state. It is just no fun to own anything as it is destroyed in a few seconds by every single low age troll kid.

I can do the same of course but for me this is neither a challenge nor fun to destroy every stone superfortress in a few mortar volleys or... after the most recent full fail patch, with a few grenades or explosive barrels.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Coggage said:

Yes, we've mostly all been there since day one and all with similar stories.  Some moan, some don't - who cares though, really.  If people want to moan, let them get on with it, because it doesn't affect my play style in any way.

It doesn’t affect your play style but it does affect your experience to the extent that wailing and moaning and knashing of teeth on the forums leads to an easier and easier average game experience.

The tragedy of players like the Op is that they are the minority who seek and crave greater challenges and the reality is the effect of trying to sell your game to the widest possible audience means that developers seek to set their game challenge level to one that the greatest number of players can overcome without enough difficulty to drive them away. This most often leads to all but the most niche hardcore games leaving players like the Op SOL in meeting their desire for harder challenges and a higher bar. 

Edited by boomervoncannon

WOT, only read first few sentences.

Stop reading the forums if it bothers you?

Yes, the game will not get better if people don't report problems and proved feedback, that is what Early Access is all about.

Also maybe they are playing the game and writing in the forums both, ever think of that?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Notorious said:

If people don't (so call cry) how is the game gonna get better?

Well they could start with the suggestions or bug reports section, but no they post in generally I need a tissue section.

• Like 2

Paragraphs man, paragraphs .....

Regardless, I completely agree with the OP.  This place is full of a bunch of little girls whining and crying about everything that is broken or incomplete in this "Early Access" game.  Then stomping their feet around the forums when the Devs don't do something about it right this second.  Make no mistake, many of the complaints are valid.  They're working on it .... give them some time.  Do you honestly think the Devs don't care about their game or the people playing it?   

The Devs have stated they were not prepared for the numbers that came on day one.  I absolutely believe that.  The complications this caused would have to be pretty damn substantial.  Imagine expecting a few thousand coming to your picnic, but instead, 50K show up and they want their grilled hotdog now ...... right F-ing now.  I'm and old guy and patience isn't a virtue it's a F-ing fact that yields better end results 99% of the time.  Let them do what they do and when the game leaves early access, alpha, beta, broken or whatever you want to call it and then do circles in the forums stomping your feet.  Sigh .....

Ok, everyone circle up.  You too Percival.

/Group Hug

That's better, it'll all be OK everyone .......       

• Like 3

For the love of all.... Use PARAGRAPHS!! Maybe throw in some comma's, sentence structure will help.. OY! Can even read through the wall of text.

I love how PvE'ers are being blamed in here.. LOL!!!! I see more "crying" from PvP'ers then anything.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, wildbill said:

WOT, only read first few sentences.

Stop reading the forums if it bothers you?

Yes, the game will not get better if people don't report problems and proved feedback, that is what Early Access is all about.

Also maybe they are playing the game and writing in the forums both, ever think of that?

There’s a fine line in between feedback and crying. 

• Like 2

Tired of fanboys using the "its in beta or early release" excuse; this game had issues from day one.  Did everyone forgot about the endless ocean spawns or the insane agro if you made it to the beach?  I want the game that was advertised on the trailer...the game I paid money for.   The collision detection in Atlas is horrible.  I can't even move around on my mount without getting jammed up on some rock or small tree..  Movement over open world terrain should be fluid and smooth.   It's 2019 for freak sake! Get it right.

I do like the pirate theme and that's why I'm sticking it out, but I do reserve the right to criticize when warranted. 

• Like 2

Game is clearly working out as it is since the player base is dwindling at an alarming rate. 

17 hours ago, zottel said:

I have been playing from day 1 And also read Forum almost in Daily Basis And its so Fun to read. I mean honestly, instead of trying to survive ingame People spend countless of hours crying for Nerfs on Forum instead of playing the Game. Its early Access And still u cry for each Bug u find. I know this will piss off so many ppl, but there are also the ones like me. Let me Tell u a Story:

(followed by piles and piles of unformatted dreck with no paragraphs, Excessive Capitalization, and stories about having to walk 10 miles uphill Both Ways to play a game back when he started...and it was in a snowstorm, and he liked it!)

All just to say - 

1729587070_STOPlikingwhatIdontlike.jpg.4552c3a9d08128d7131ccd0481e907ad.jpg

Hard to read the message, i think he wrote it from is cellphone 😂

In this kind of games, there are different kind of people:

1. Players who plays without care about the game state, if has bugs, issues or something wrong, they play and hope that in some way, Dev's fix the game.

2. Players who plays, but cares about the game state, report bugs, issues and feedback in a good way, if Dev's fix something but damage something else, reports again.

3. Players who only complain about the game, fix this, fix that, remove this, add that, waiting that Dev's do everything they ask and want, then, come to the forum and create useless topics like: "fix this or game will be dead" "if you don't add this, i will quit and unistall the game" and so many other children's foolishness.

4. People that don't have the game, just watch a couple of Youtubers playing the game and come to the forum to post a topic saying: "F_ck you, your game is trash" and bla bla bla.

So, don't generalize, there are a lot of people reporting and giving a good feedback to Dev's to improve the game and fix some bugs and issues that the game has. If some of those issues didn't happend to you yet, it doesn't mean that others players don't.

Isn't about the complain, it's about HOW you complain.

Edited by JotaCe

5 minutes ago, furiousjack said:

Tired of fanboys using the "its in beta or early release" excuse; this game had issues from day one.  Did everyone forgot about the endless ocean spawns or the insane agro if you made it to the beach?  I want the game that was advertised on the trailer...the game I paid money for.   The collision detection in Atlas is horrible.  I can't even move around on my mount without getting jammed up on some rock or small tree..  Movement over open world terrain should be fluid and smooth.   It's 2019 for freak sake! Get it right.

I do like the pirate theme and that's why I'm sticking it out, but I do reserve the right to criticize when warranted. 

I'm in complete agreement that the fact you paid money for the game means you have the right to expect something more than a free alpha or beta. But to play Devil's advocate, when you say you want the game advertised on the trailer, that is obviously the developer's putting their game's best foot forward. A trailer is never going to show you the game's bugs, glitches or early stage design choices that are less than optimal. The core problem is that even though consumers are asked to fork over money for Early Access games, there is no clear set of standards a game must meet before being offered as Early Access, so although even a brain dead lemur on crack should be able to understand that the bar should be higher for a thing you paid money for than a thing you didn't (glances at some of his fellow forum posters who seem to have trouble grasping this distinction), there is no consensus on where that bar should be.

Since you've got the right to criticize when warranted, and I agree there are definitively some things that warrant criticism, let me suggest that you consider criticizing not only GrapeCard™ for offering a product obviously less than worthy of paying customers, but Steam for allowing developers to offer pretty much anything they can reasonably get away with calling a game as Early Access. Given that Steam felt compelled to suspend their own refund policy during the charlie foxtrot that was Atlas's launch, it seems obvious even Steam acknowledged Atlas wasn't up to paid product standards. 

17 hours ago, zottel said:

Ok , your upset but theres no need to Cry about it !!!

6 hours ago, Forb Hidden said:

made my day Zottel!

Thumbs up for a real gamer, not a inpatient cry baby 👍

Your a real gamer are you ???     ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

That block Text was just a hidden Protest against Giant Gate Spamming 😄 ........ Totally , Maybe