Sign in to follow this  
Juuzou

Spawning on bed

30 minutes ago, Robben DuMarsch said:

This seems like a bug relating to spawning above shallow waters, rather than an intended feature.

Im sure I remember seeing somewhere that it was intentional. I cant remember if it was in game or somewhere else. If I recall correctly, you cant respawn on a bed in lawless places either, so im guessing thats intended?

4 minutes ago, Captain Kuro said:

Im sure I remember seeing somewhere that it was intentional. I cant remember if it was in game or somewhere else. If I recall correctly, you cant respawn on a bed in lawless places either, so im guessing thats intended?

Not spawning on beds in lawless places is intended, as you are required to have a claim to spawn.

However, the interaction  is different - If you build a bed in a lawless place it merely does not give you the option to spawn.

Boats bugged as per this thread allow you to spawn, you get a "white screen" as if you are going to spawn: i.e. the game clearly attempts to spawn, but you simply do not appear.

I think that is the simpler conclusion than the idea that this is an intended feature without evidence. Especially because it renders boats unoperational or inaccessible, and the distinction between shallow water and deep water off a shore (which only exists on some islands) seems nonsensical.

Edited by Robben DuMarsch

Just now, Robben DuMarsch said:

Not spawning on beds in lawless places is intended, as you are required to have a claim to spawn.

However, the interaction  is different - If you build a bed in a lawless place it merely does not give you the option to spawn.

Boats bugged as per this thread allow you to spawn, you get a "white screen" as if you are going to spawn, the game clearly attempts to spawn, but you simply do not appear.

This is because you are inside the lawless zone. I have tested this. If your ship is inside the dotted lines around the island, you cant spawn there. Move it out, and you can spawn.

Just now, Captain Kuro said:

This is because you are inside the lawless zone. I have tested this. If your ship is inside the dotted lines around the island, you cant spawn there. Move it out, and you can spawn.

You seem to misunderstand - This line represents geography,  not a lawless zone.

1 minute ago, Robben DuMarsch said:

You seem to misunderstand - This line represents geography,  not a lawless zone.

Wrong. I have tested this. Trust me. If your ship with a bed is outside the dotted line, you can spawn. If it is inside, you cannot. That is a fact.

Edited by Captain Kuro

Wrong. I have tested this. Trust me. If you ship with a boat is outside the dotted line, you can spawn. If it is inside, you cannot. That is a fact.

I have had one of my sloops literally in contact with an island and been able to spawn. On other locations, beds do not function if you are even remotely close to the island. The distinction is the type of shallow water beneath the boat, not the proximity to the island. That is the "line" you are referring to. You simply believe that your map is showing you a "lawless zone," when in fact it is showing you a type of terrain.

All servers are lawless zones, everywhere, except the freeports, on PvP shards. You can believe what you want, sir.

....png.1d2a75eb685c27b5b8d2ad36bd335777.png

Im 100% sure it is

You are correct in how the bug works, it's your final conclusion that is a baseless non-sequitur.

Just because you can clearly spawn in deep water, but not in shallow water, does not follow that the shallow water indicator marks a 'lawless territory' (there is no evidence to support this, and general map design and the fact that there is noted geographical difference between those locations is opposed to your conclusion). Further, there is no evidence to support that this is an intended feature rather than a bug.

3 minutes ago, Robben DuMarsch said:

You are correct in how the bug works, it's your final conclusion that is a baseless non-sequitur.

Just because you can clearly spawn in deep water, but not in shallow water, does not follow that the shallow water indicator marks a 'lawless territory' (there is no evidence to support this, and general map design and the fact that there is noted geographical difference between those locations is opposed to your conclusion). Further, there is no evidence to support that this is an intended feature rather than a bug.

I mean, the evidence to support this is that you cant spawn on a lawless island, and you cant spawn in shallow water inside the dotted lines by the lawless island. Thats enough proof for me. And its not just one one island, but every island. Seems pretty intentional to me.

My boat is parked in my shipyard in my claimed area with nothing around it and I can't spawn there... I can spawn in my home region but my two beds; one on a raft and one on my sloop both have respawn timers that don't change so I cant respawn on either of them

6 minutes ago, grifron said:

My boat is parked in my shipyard in my claimed area with nothing around it and I can't spawn there... I can spawn in my home region but my two beds; one on a raft and one on my sloop both have respawn timers that don't change so I cant respawn on either of them

^ Evidence that this is a bug, not a feature 🙂

On 12/24/2018 at 3:33 PM, Juuzou said:

I try to spawn on my bed thats on my raft and i see the spawn on bed option. When i click it it just goes to a blank white screen and doesnt spawn.

Known bug:  if a raft or vessel is too close to an Unclaimed piece of land... or land that is impossible to claim, that bed is treated as unclaimed land and you can not spawn on the raft

Edited by HibikiFox

Hello I played at ATLAS 22h which 20h tried to settle on an island. and this bug is constantly coming to me. Whether on a lawless or an island claim I have all the time this bug even at sea far from any island. The game is very difficult solo and this bug makes it impossible to play. The beds are essential to this game. 

Edited by NoNameVI

NOT FIXED.

Today 1-feb-2019, this bug still prevent me to spawn in my own ship, the bed shows in the map, you can click on the bed and click in spawn, then the game just refuse to spawn you and ask you to chouse again... Please fix your game.

Edited by waghappyfeet