LaiTash

Just remove fast travel

Just now, Percieval said:

*Enter facepalm here*

Mind explaining?

How many times you god d/c'd on a ship and instead of just logging back in you were asking in discord to save it?

And why the idea of trading for stuff in a MMO that "was inspired by Eve" is so mind-blowing for some?

4 minutes ago, LaiTash said:

Mind explaining?

How many times you god d/c'd on a ship and instead of just logging back in you were asking in discord to save it?

And why the idea of trading for stuff in a MMO that "was inspired by Eve" is so mind-blowing for some?

He said if he is in trouble, meaning he either is in a fight or in a storm with SoTD. It has happened in our company numerous of times that we need to fast travel to a trade ship or whatever to flee from the enemies and it worked a lot of times. Maybe it saved us a good 100K metal by now. There is absolutely no reason to remove fast travel from this game. Rather have it “balanced” with timers, like they already have. 

And I’m all up for trading, do whatever you want with it but if it’s his decision to have a farm somewhere else, you need to respect that. 

Edited by Percieval
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Percieval said:

There is absolutely no reason to remove fast travel from this game.

There's no reason to keep it in game.

He said if he is in trouble, meaning he either is in a fight or in a storm with SoTD.

Unless you actually crash and your character stays in game preventing you from logging in it doesn't take much time to get back into game. You'll probably get back before the other dude gets to the bed/dies to fast travel to your ship. As for crashes, well they should be fixed anyway, it's a bug and not a feature you know

And I’m all up for trading, do whatever you want with it but if it’s his decision to have a farm somewhere else, you need to respect that. 

He still can if he doesn't mind sailing there. If he does well sorry then. Can always buy a 2nd account. 

Edited by LaiTash

30 minutes ago, LaiTash said:

There's no reason to keep it in game.

Unless you actually crash and your character stays in game preventing you from logging in it doesn't take much time to get back into game. You'll probably get back before the other dude gets to the bed/dies to fast travel to your ship. As for crashes, well they should be fixed anyway, it's a bug and not a feature you know

He still can if he doesn't mind sailing there. If he does well sorry then. Can always buy a 2nd account. 

Yes, it’s everything included. I thought you would have taken that into account. As for the ‘no reason’, don’t lie to yourself. I can understand you don’t have an outskirt base from your comment, but it’s way better if we can just spawn there 🙂 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Percieval said:

I can understand you don’t have an outskirt base from your comment, but it’s way better if we can just spawn there

Just because it's easier for you doesn't mean it's better for the game. With fast travel removed you'd have to decide on whether you can afford a luxury of having an outskirt base, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with it. If you can't well there are people that don't have any base at all, and they could certainly use that land.

4 minutes ago, LaiTash said:

Just because it's easier for you doesn't mean it's better for the game. With fast travel removed you'd have to decide on whether you can afford a luxury of having an outskirt base, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with it. If you can't well there are people that don't have any base at all, and they could certainly use that land.

Yeah yeah, we’re over the ‘no land’ now since PvE’ers stated there is many land available and even give claims themselves. Without fast travel it would be the outskirt base all the same, it just takes longer and it is way less efficient, something nobody wants. I get that you’re trying to make a point here, but there won’t be any removal of the spawn. I don’t understand why you want to remove something nobody complaints about and everyone is fine with. 

Edited by Percieval
  • Like 1

I get that you’re trying to make a point here, but there won’t be any removal of the spawn.

Probably not (i didn't see that many MMOs that don't have FT even tho the ones that don't do just fine without it), but it doesn't hurt to try.

Our group have an outskirt base actually. I never was there. No one's living there. We're very small group and would never be able to defend it without FT. It's just "nice to have".

I don’t understand why you want to remove something nobody complaints about and everyone is fine with. 

No one ever complains about something that makes the game easier. If we could unlock the whole of the skill tree on level 10 no one would be complaining about it too. Doesn't mean it's a good thing.

Edited by LaiTash