LaiTash

Just remove fast travel

i dont think there would be a good way to eliminate fast travel without it being able to be exploited by the respawn mechanic.

The suggestion doesn't seem targeted to the problem.

If the issue is that Fast Travel skews the balance of power too much in PVP, then something more targeted, like a "Travel Fatigue" debuff that reduces your damage and increases damage taken from other players for a period (10, 15 minutes?) after FTing would be more targeted and not disrupt other areas of the game, like gathering and doing treasure maps.

You might also want to explore things like Rez sickness, which is how a lot of other games prevent just reviving when you die in PVP, give a period after a respawn where you are weaker.

The game is already balanced around being able to FT, with a cost (you can't take anything with you).

Edited by Archsenex

Fast travel puts all beds on a 4 minute lock.. it isn't that great for defenders..  it can be used against the defenders.. very easily.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LaiTash said:

You can teleport back home to the bed you're bound to, just keep one man on a ship to not loose it.

Your solution is a one way ticket home? Realy? How should they come back on the ship? What will hapen, if the remaining player go offline? 

Are you stupid or just ignorant? 

Wow.. so a buddy needs help to save a ship 3 hours away and the only thing Id be able to say is "hang on im on my way.. only 3 hours till I get there"

Thats some fun and engaging gameplay right there. /s

3 hours ago, LaiTash said:

You can teleport back home to the bed you're bound to, just keep one man on a ship to not loose it.

Lol. And how do you think this works out? 

• Like 1

Adding to ideas as i feel this needs to be adjusted.

When you fast travel you lose a 1/4 hp plus I'd like to see a 5 min timer between fast travel  per character. Maybe something like a debuff of 10% to all stats on your character for 5 mins.

No risk atm and people abusing spawn boxes. Tuffer is better sometimes and gives opposing players possible upper edge against these time travel bandits.

2 hours ago, Tezcatlipoca said:

What will hapen, if the remaining player go offline? 

The ship is dead in the water until he goes online again. No, once you've ported back home you can't get back to the ship if it's in another grid. Yeah, you'll have to be on a ship for the whole time of the journey (even if offline) to get somewhere but if you don't like sailing then why the heck did you buy a pirate game?

9 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

I'm completely against removing fast travel entirely. Those saying it will be a buff for solo play, well i'm solo and don't see it at all as a buff.

That is because you're playing half of the game on a PvE server.

Removing fast travel is like hitting the real problem with a hammer instead of going in and fixing it.

We need fast travel for a few reasons.

Without fast travel, I never would have found my ship that teleported from my dock to another grid. I was able to see it in the fast travel interface as a bed and travel there and sail the ship back to the dock.

The game is just too buggy right now to remove a life line like fast travel.

8 minutes ago, MrHeid said:

This would not work people would just die and respawn at the bed.  

Good point. You always have fast travel if you can die and spawn at any bed and the developers realized this long ago and just added the feature directly. This gives the feature to everyone, not just those who have played the game a bit to realize that fast travel is available simply by killing yourself.

39 minutes ago, MrHeid said:

This would not work people would just die and respawn at the bed.  

Obviously there would be the same respawn restrictions - any bed within the current grid or on your personal bed.

Losing FT would suck for our 10 person group.  Mind, this is on PvE and would probably be different for PvP.  We often go out on a sailing excursion, several grids away. The captain of the boat want's to stay far away and explore, or can't play for a few days.  Kind of sucks that we would be stuck there and cant go back to home base to work on something else?  Also - if I am out doing treasure maps, and a friend logs on, they should be able to join us ASAP, not have to pilot a ship out to meet us.  Realism... yeah, yeah - it is a game.  Losing FT would take the majority of the fun out of the game for us.  

22 minutes ago, LaiTash said:

Obviously there would be the same respawn restrictions - any bed within the current grid or on your personal bed.

Wouldn't people just build there own personal beds everywhere.

28 minutes ago, MrHeid said:

Wouldn't people just build there own personal beds everywhere.

You don't build it. You go to one of the company's bed, hold "e" or something to bind there and then you can spawn on that bed from anywhere. Obviously you can be bound to only one bed at a time. It's just one solution, it can be like you can choose your home grid and then you can spawn on any bed in that grid from anywhere for example (obviously you need to travel to that grid to set it as your home).

Edited by LaiTash

2 minutes ago, LaiTash said:

You don't build it. You go to one of the company's bed, hold "e" or something to bind there and then you can spawn on that bed from anywhere. Obviously you can be bound to only one bed at a time. It's just one solution, it can be like you can choose your home grid and then you can spawn on any bed in that grid from anywhere for example (obviously you need to travel to that grid to set it as your home).

Seems like that would suck.  What if you travel to another zone and forget to make your boat bed your home bed then die.  Well then your boat is anchored floating in the ocean with out you. Then in  best case situation you gotta sail out to it with a buddy to retrieve both beds.  I get the issue with claims and beds but I also like to be able to get to the action right away.  Seems like this would just make this large map more isolated.  I like fast travel the way it is.

6 minutes ago, MrHeid said:

What if you travel to another zone and forget to make your boat bed your home bed then die.

You can travel to any bed within the current region. So if you're sailing at A7 and die you can still spawn on your ship unless you left A7.

However maybe you could set an additional bind point on a ship. Say a ship has two beds - then two players can set it as their additional home point. I don't like this as people will probably find a way to abuse it but at least it would let you to leave your ship for a while and then come back at any time.

Yeah you may forget to bind there. But you can forget to put a bed on your ship already and the result will be basically the same.

Edited by LaiTash

Just now, LaiTash said:

You can travel to any bed within the current region. So if you're sailing at A7 and die you can still spawn on your ship unless you left A7.

However maybe you could set an additional bind point on a ship. Say a ship has two beds - then two players can set it as their additional home point. 

Yeah you may forget to bind there. But you can forget to put a bed on your ship already and the result will be basically the same.

While I see your logic to  an extant. I still like fast travel especially in PVE.  So I agree to disagree.  I like fast travel.

Just now, MrHeid said:

While I see your logic to  an extant. I still like fast travel especially in PVE.  So I agree to disagree.  I like fast travel.

Yeah it's mostly for PvP.

I am totally against this stupid idea , here is why .

Imagine i am at 1 southern grid and my friend at 1 northern grid , my friend d/c from the game and his ship is in trouble , instead of teleporting to his ship and sail it to somewhere safe  , i have to sail across the entire map to get to his ship , by that time it already sunk  .

Or , i want to to visit my veggies farm , because not all all veggies can be grown in 1 region , instead of teleporting to my bed and save time , i have to sail and waste even more time , those time i could have farmed more stuffs to help my company .

And worse , it force everyone to learn how to build ship  instead of choosing a skill tree they want to spend point on , because it is ocean map . Guy in 1 grid ask for crafting and cooking , sure , lemme just sail there in 30 mins .

Stop making this game harder and for ffs don't try to add more grinds ! Longer sailing time does not equal fun , at some point it will feel like a stupid chore .

Ugh , i hope dev not listen to this stupid suggestion .

Edited by kampfer91

7 hours ago, kampfer91 said:

Imagine i am at 1 southern grid and my friend at 1 northern grid , my friend d/c from the game and his ship is in trouble

Surely he can log back in.

7 hours ago, kampfer91 said:

Or , i want to to visit my veggies farm , because not all all veggies can be grown in 1 region

Yeah you'll have to buy them from someone else i guess. 

1 minute ago, LaiTash said:

Surely he can log back in.

Yeah you'll have to buy them from someone else i guess. 

*Enter facepalm here*

• Like 1