Sign in to follow this  
lewy

Forced end game content and the aging mechanic.

In preface, I am a patient gamer, I don't complain about much at all and generally go with the flow and adjust my play style to the rule set and mechanics presented at the time...  Hell, I've stuck around with my other game for the last 12 years through every expansion and the game changes every other year lol....

I have played many games over the years and I honestly cannot think of a single one that penalizes you for not doing end game content.    Before the argument starts, there is a difference between getting the rewards for end game content, and actually punishing players for not participating in said content.  A permanent debuff forced on players because they can't or don't want to do certain content is not very smart.

Forcing every player to spend the time traveling to a FOY, and then basically zerging a cave a dozen times to click an item that we hope is still there is not fun.  If you want this mechanic in the game it should be a choice.  Those that choose to do it get rewarded, those that don't, don't get punished for it.  That seems fair.

At least give us  viable alternatives, I don't want to have to go through this every month, it takes away time from doing things in game that I actually enjoy, or are useful in my own progression as I see fit.  Please listen to your players, this is a bad mechanic of the game and should not be forced upon us.  If I have to chose between playing a debuffed character that I have up to level 57 so far, and all content just got harder because I chose not to do some content, or starting a new character ....  I will chose neither and move on to a different game....   I have a feeling I'm not the only one not willing to start all over every month....

I understand you already have my money and 400+hours of my time so far, so nothing I say about leaving the game matters, but I hope this mechanic is under  consideration and at least being talked about.

• Like 2

You are supposed to get the ability to fuck and have kids, it's just not in yet. It's why dying at 100 also isn't in yet.

They should remove the debuff until fucking is in.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, gadefence said:

You are supposed to get the ability to fuck and have kids, it's just not in yet. It's why dying at 100 also isn't in yet.

Yep I see it now . . .

Player 1: "What? I want to play the character I made not some RNG kid, sigh off to the fountain of youth again."

Player 2: "Hey baby want some mayonaise?"

Player 3: "Sigh another one, go buy yourself an NPC I'm not interested."

Player 4: "Nope not right" shoots kid in face, "Nope not right" shoots kid in face, "Nope not right" shoots kid in face " looks at pile of dead child corpses "You know there's something off about this mechanic I just can't place what it is."

Edited by Senkoau
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Senkoau said:

Yep I see it now . . .

Player 1: "What? I want to play the character I made not some RNG kid, sigh off to the fountain of youth again."

Player 2: "Hey baby want some mayonaise?"

Player 3: "Sigh another one, go buy yourself an NPC I'm not interested."

Player 4: "Nope not right" shoots kid in face, "Nope not right" shoots kid in face, "Nope not right" shoots kid in face " looks at pile of dead child corpses "You know there's something off about this mechanic I just can't place what it is."

You forgot when you finally get a kid you like, spending 6 hours turning on and off fires and dipping him in water so he doesn't freeze/burn to death.

I honestly do believe that kids will just be the character creator again with all your points unlocked/level etc. Would make the most sense.

6 hours ago, gadefence said:

You want them to balance stuff all at once? From experience we should know that that's not their strong suit. I rather have them fix a bit of stuff now, and then add in more stuff than do it all at once. Think of the massacre 😮