Enmity

This game is not for the new gamer

58 minutes ago, LaiTash said:

Yeah, punching trees is so much more exciting.

You don't want to sail, don't do that. You don't really need to. Don't make the game world smaller for people who are playing this game for it's sailing aspect.

I'm not saying remove the sailing or that there isn't sailing in the game or that you can't do that. I'm just saying there needs to be a lot more to the game than sailing. If they are going to add new content, make it something we don't already do way too much of in this game. Don't add more sailing content, add something more interesting and not boring.

Edited by wildbill

30 minutes ago, wildbill said:

I'm not saying remove the sailing or that there isn't sailing in the game or that you can't do that

You literally said a couple of times that you don't want it to be a sailing game and it wasn't meant to be a sailing game. I'm personally against anything that would make atlas any less of a sailing game. You already don't need to set foot on a ship if you don't feel like sailing. I don't see where all the "sailing is boring pls make the world smaller by making sailing faster" complaints are coming from really. It was stated before the game was released that it will take a lot of time to travel somewhere.

11 minutes ago, LaiTash said:

You literally said a couple of times that you don't want it to be a sailing game and it wasn't meant to be a sailing game. I'm personally against anything that would make atlas any less of a sailing game. You already don't need to set foot on a ship if you don't feel like sailing. I don't see where all the "sailing is boring pls make the world smaller by making sailing faster" complaints are coming from really. It was stated before the game was released that it will take a lot of time to travel somewhere.

Maybe I'm not being clear. 

The game not being a sailing game does not mean there is not sailing in it. Take the game Red Dead Redemption. Would be silly to suggest that they remove horse back riding from the game, same as saying remove sailing from Atlas. But is RDR a riding game? Is it all about just riding around and exploring? Far from it. If someone suggested that there needs to be more riding and less of other activities, they would be laughed at. This is all I'm saying, the game focus is pirate activities, not sailing. The game may appeal to sailors, but in the game you are a pirate, not a sailor. The appeal of the game is being a pirate, the sailing is just how you get around, same as you get around in RDR on a horse, but the focus of that game is not riding.

Maybe people are thinking this is a sailing game because there just are not enough other activities in the game. That is what needs to be fixed and calling this game a sailing game is not helping get that message across.

54 minutes ago, wildbill said:

Maybe people are thinking this is a sailing game because there just are not enough other activities in the game.

There are plenty of other activities. There's actually more to do on land than at sea. 

2 hours ago, wildbill said:

I'm not saying remove the sailing or that there isn't sailing in the game or that you can't do that. I'm just saying there needs to be a lot more to the game than sailing. If they are going to add new content, make it something we don't already do way too much of in this game. Don't add more sailing content, add something more interesting and not boring.

If you ask me the main thing lacking in this game at least compared to its previous incarnation (ARK) is the severe lack of content. There is just not enough variety and weapons/ships/cannons to keep things interesting in the long term. The developers need to stop trying to make cosmetic stuff and add stuff that new things that are meaningful to gameplay.

2 hours ago, wildbill said:

What nonsense?

You keep calling Atlas a sailing game, I'll keep mentioning that no where does Grapeshot games call it a sailing game.

Then you’re nothing but ignorant. If I advertise a game as ‘pirate themed’ and ‘exploration’ and  completely yours to fill in and do whatever you like, and people are either amazed or crying because they ‘can’t do anything’ then I just have no words for those people. At the complete bottom line of anything. 

Edited by Percieval
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Percieval said:

Then you’re nothing but ignorant. If I advertise a game as ‘pirate themed’ and ‘exploration’ and  completely yours to fill in and do whatever you like, and people are either amazed or crying because they ‘can’t do anything’ then I just have no words for those people. At the complete bottom line of anything. 

I'll just say you either did not read everything I wrote, or your reading comprehension is low. Possibly you read someone else's post and responded to mine, you response seems somewhat random and incoherent.

You dont have to travel half of the map on a daily basis. Plan your route and go where the wind takes you, thats how trade routes were started. Not by a bunch of people in overloaded boats, traveling against the wind with the wrong sails.

Heck everyone cried about "nerf the storms" omg the "SOTD" now you got your wish and are complaining about long stretches of open water.

6 hours ago, wildbill said:

What nonsense?

You keep calling Atlas a sailing game, I'll keep mentioning that no where does Grapeshot games call it a sailing game.

Nowhere in the US Declaration of Independance does the word freedom appear, yet few would argue that it is indeed the underlying theme of the document. Some things are...what’s the phrase..self evident. Grapeshot may not call Atlas a sailing game but they most definately keep mentioning its about pirates. Do you know anyone who does not immediately link pirates with sailing?

27 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

Nowhere in the US Declaration of Independance does the word freedom appear, yet few would argue that it is indeed the underlying theme of the document. Some things are...what’s the phrase..self evident. Grapeshot may not call Atlas a sailing game but they most definately keep mentioning its about pirates. Do you know anyone who does not immediately link pirates with sailing?

Ok, you guys win. It is a sword game. Whenever I think of pirates, I think of them fighting with swords, so Atlas must be a sword game, that's it 🙂

Edited by wildbill

38 minutes ago, wildbill said:

Ok, you guys win. It is a sword game. Whenever I think of pirates, I think of them fighting with swords, so Atlas must be a sword game, that's it 🙂

But nobody you know links pirates with sailing right? Cause that would just be crazy.

On 2/12/2019 at 5:07 AM, Enmity said:

NGood evening,

I'm an old school gamer, I am use to waiting 3 hours for the Notorious monster spawn.  However I am very tired of it taking me 2 hours to sail back home.  6 tiles and because the wind isn't in my favor what should take an hour takes 2 to 3 hours.  I cant leave my ship and just log off, so I am stuck spending extra hours just to make it home safe.

While the wind mechanic is cool.  Its also generally bad.  I'm about to finally give up even after dealing with all the growing pains because I just cant play this style of game anymore.  We live in a gaming world of now now now.  Please do something to avoid these long trips home.    

Luckily , I'm not just here to complain.   I also come with suggestions. 

Just like in the real world, there are trading routes.  Certain area's you sail because the current, or wind will generally always be in your favor for that direction.  Can we implement this in the game as well?  Instead of The entire world having the same wind,  Have wind going in a specific general direction.  I.e. even numbers go South East while odd numbers go North  West.  

Please give me a trade route path that can give me a general estimated time before I set off to sail so I'm not stuck sailing an extra 2 hours, and tabbed out to write a forum post.

Thank you.

do what i do if the wind isnt in your favor anchor at nearest island and fast travel to elswhere where u have beds and gho do something else , i have 5 ships anchored all over the map , plus my 3 main ones anchored at 2 small outposts i have , that way i can travel in bursts whenever the wind is better keeps me from getting bored doing to many hours in one go sailing 😕 

u need to sail for discovery points for lvling up , u need to sail for resources that u dont have on your island , for crafting better bp items , do it in bursts and stop thinking you have to do it all in one go .. 

Edited by UDO

8 hours ago, wildbill said:

I'll just say you either did not read everything I wrote, or your reading comprehension is low. Possibly you read someone else's post and responded to mine, you response seems somewhat random and incoherent.

Nope, definitely responding to yours. The fact you don’t realize that, is even worse. 

• Like 1