Sign in to follow this  
Dum Dum

Design decision, Remove Minigames.

From a game design perspective they do not add enough to the game to keep them as a requirement to doing certain tasks..

Reason #1 : They are simply not fun. I do not look forward to the hit/miss game Its not exciting to participate in, So why keep a mundane, monotonous task in the game? Homie dont play that.

Reason #2 : Its a reaction time based minigame, statistically alienates older gamers who have no access to the fountain of youth irl. Statistics show cognitive decline after Age 24.

Reason #3 : Its an unnecessary mechanic that adds no gameplay value. Reloading/repairing/digging for water.. It actually creates a barrier to entry, to access faster reload times/better yields You have to be cognitively "on the ball".. I still want my reload times/better yields/repairs.. I invested those points.. so what if I've had a few beers and I cant do your silly minigame?

Removing or changing the game will only improve gameplay.. So you cant lose.. unless you make the game harder.. In that case I will take it personally.

• Like 1