Sign in to follow this  
Pax

Declaring War in PVE

Here is a video showing off the use of the Declaring war in PVE.  Steps to declare included

1. An Owner of a Company is the only one who can DECLARE war.

2. When declaring war you can set start time and end time of the war.

3. An Owner or Admin of the other company MUST accept the war.

4. It appears all alliances will be included in the war.

5. When war starts FIGHT.

6. When war ends cry.

There are no logs made at this time for wars.  No ship combat was tested at this time but it appears that they are included.

Tribe members in OTHER servers did NOT see the messages of war as seen in the video.

You can NOT declare war on a current Ally.

Special thanks to @Asanna

Side note*
This is just for those people who are curious about PVP in the PVE world, earlier today we had a random surge of questions by the community in Discord, and it seemed no one was balls-y enough to set up to the plate. As it was just a test we both decided to do it for the lulz, as well as give those people an actual answer.

When creating a war you're promted with the following :
Day of war - Start
Day of war - End
Time of war - Start
Time of war - End

And you finalize it by sending out the information to the person.

This could be used for RP purposes, goofing off, legit frustrations with griefers, etc. But it *does* have to be accepted.

should be enough to just declare war. the acceptance is hard to get i suppose ? 

i have a dispute with a former alliancemember, now a neutral faction, our buildings are entangled and i cant build neither can he

If it were a legit get even war, yeah the acceptance would be hard. You could declare all you wanted but unless they accept there's no completion. 

However if it's someone who is rational, you could set rules up first and just be like "war for this area?" Spend a couple days prepping and coming to agreements. Then fight like adults and stick to the rules.

This will be fun in PVE.  I am all about controlled situations of pvp and this gives you some control.  Want to have a ship battle with another group but not wipe bases etc.  Once you get bored with the PVE content I imagine this will happen more.  

3 hours ago, MrHeid said:

This will be fun in PVE.  I am all about controlled situations of pvp and this gives you some control.  Want to have a ship battle with another group but not wipe bases etc.  Once you get bored with the PVE content I imagine this will happen more.  

I fully agree,  A lot of people just thought that it was a menu that was left over from PVP but when testing it it seems like something that could be really fun and really useful in the pve world. You could use it for land disputes, you could use it to get even on griefers or at least have a test of mights, you could find a way to role play it out where the time limit is strictly set for a sea battle no raiding of any buildings/bodies or anything like that it could definitely be used really well if used as intended for PVE.

You can declare war on an ally company. We did this with one of our allies, and I would recommend you ally before declaring war. This way, you can actually board eachother’s ships for boarding actions. Otherwise you’ll just be confined to shooting cannons at eachother which is fun, but a mock battle of 2 schooners vs 1 galleon is more fun. 

How far in the future can you set the end date of the war?  Is there a way to make it indefinite?

@arzosah the timer is in in-game days, so you’ll need to keep that in mind. For example, 1 hour in game time is about 60 seconds real time. You can set it to 100 in game days for example, and that will be a few hours. 

I don’t think it’s meant to be an on-going thing, just a way for two groups to battle it out, whether over a dispute or just for fun.

7 hours ago, Humcitysav said:

You can declare war on an ally company. We did this with one of our allies, and I would recommend you ally before declaring war. This way, you can actually board eachother’s ships for boarding actions. Otherwise you’ll just be confined to shooting cannons at eachother which is fun, but a mock battle of 2 schooners vs 1 galleon is more fun. 

It refused to let us declare war, as you can see in the video when we were allied. I had made it 3 times and sent it to him with no notice on his side until he left the alliance.
I don't know if this was an intentional change from when you guys did it, or if it's a bug or something (this video was literally taken 5 mins before posting, so 3 days ago)

5 hours ago, arzosah said:

How far in the future can you set the end date of the war?  Is there a way to make it indefinite?

It's all based on in-game days, so if you want it for a long time you'll have to plan for that and figure it out that way, 1 in-game day i think is about 48 minutes. If that helps

Edited by Asanna