Sign in to follow this  
vaylain

CHANGE THINGS QUICK OR THE GAME WILL DIE OFF!

Every night my ships are sunk or stolen. Every night my stone bases are destroyed. No sense in playing if I am merely gathering resources for some ugly-ass prick! How about giving us a method to hide our most valuable loot in a hole or stronger tier vault? How about adding a flag of invulnerability for anchored and unmanned ships? Screw the looters, they can eeasilt loot some one that is logged in and ready to defend their ships. Anyone that argues this point is a troll or griefer.

• Like 3

You're in a small group or you're playing solo and you are shocked that you get raided? I get that it can be frustrating, but what did you expect? Especially knowing there wouldn't be offline protection.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, vaylain said:

Every night my ships are sunk or stolen. Every night my stone bases are destroyed. No sense in playing if I am merely gathering resources for some ugly-ass prick! How about giving us a method to hide our most valuable loot in a hole or stronger tier vault? How about adding a flag of invulnerability for anchored and unmanned ships? Screw the looters, they can eeasilt loot some one that is logged in and ready to defend their ships. Anyone that argues this point is a troll or griefer.

Underwater storages.

• Like 3

Every night my eyes read a new thread on this forum about the game dieing. Every night they say the same old thing. No sense in bothering to read them if they merely keep writing the same old thing.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Percieval said:

You're in a small group or you're playing solo and you are shocked that you get raided? I get that it can be frustrating, but what did you expect? Especially knowing there wouldn't be offline protection.

It does not matter the size of the tribe, a player with enough time, patience, and knowledge of game glitching can easily outmaneuver any defensive measures the offline player or players can muster especially since our defensive options available to us are limited, buggy, and extremely inefficient.

I am requesting offline raid protection. There is absolutely no reason NOT to have ORP, unless you are arguing for the side of trolls or griefers. If you are arguing for PVP, then its moot as offline raiding is NOT, "player vs. player (PVP)" it is just griefing which equates to, "player vs. offline and undefendable structures due to AI never being a match for player ingenuity, persistence, and abuser of game glitching".

Edited by vaylain

2 minutes ago, Bullet Force said:

Every night my eyes read a new thread on this forum about the game dieing. Every night they say the same old thing. No sense in bothering to read them if they merely keep writing the same old thing.

On my server over the last few weekends, I have seen a rapid decline in the number of players online. Today and all this weekend the average was just 2 players with the highest being 6 players. Used to be 60-80 players steady just a month prior. I'd say there has been something drastically influencing this trend...

They have previous Hype and Launch Hype.

Hype while they're playing and playing.

They start to gets annoying because some bugs, mechanics, issues and server crashes but still playing.

They start to play less than previous weeks, hype is less, Dev's fix something, but mess some other things.

...and occasionally, they write: "game is dying, fix this fix that or your game will die"

>>> Millenials discovers: Early Access Games.

Edited by JotaCe

31 minutes ago, Bullet Force said:

But according to Steamcharts, the game is dying, and quickly. Don't you think the devs should be listening to the threads that say the same things over and over, if they don't want the game to die?

We clearly have a problem. Just look at the charts. I have not done the math but it looks like about 500 fewer players on at peak for every day that passes. From almost 59k to 15k. Over 70% fewer people on by the steam chart.

I think this is from a mix of being released too early, calling the game early release while still having major issues, being forced to weigh the part of the game you like against the grief of it & a vision by the devs that does not work for the player base.

6 minutes ago, strawman said:

But according to Steamcharts, the game is dying, and quickly. Don't you think the devs should be listening to the threads that say the same things over and over, if they don't want the game to die?

All new release games loose players after the first month or so and then eventually stabilizes as the casuals fade out.

Just now, Bullet Force said:

All new release games loose players after the first month or so and then eventually stabilizes as the casuals fade out.

This is dramatically worse than any other game I can find except Dark & Light

9 minutes ago, Buck Rider said:

We clearly have a problem. Just look at the charts. I have not done the math but it looks like about 500 fewer players on at peak for every day that passes. From almost 59k to 15k. Over 70% fewer people on by the steam chart.

I think this is from a mix of being released too early, calling the game early release while still having major issues, being forced to weigh the part of the game you like against the grief of it & a vision by the devs that does not work for the player base.

It's really bad, and every patch seems to move further from the solution. (Community: Offline raiding is a big problem! Grapeshot: Explosive barrels are now easier to use than ever!).

The game will only survive for about three more weeks at this point.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, strawman said:

This is dramatically worse than any other game I can find except Dark & Light

It’s actually pretty average. 

11 minutes ago, Bullet Force said:

No, most games (MMOs) actually die and only the few who actually manage to "stabilize" (or in even fewer cases grow) their player base survive but Atlas is certainly not on track doing that. Look at this graph: cgRnTKp.png

Not even half the population of an "old" game like ARK. You need a certain critical mass of players for a MMO like this to be viable and Atlas is heading into a direction where a recovery will be pretty much impossible.

You can argue that Atlas has at the moment still enough players to survive and that might be true currently but if the current trend continues for a few more weeks then even this won't be the case anymore and I honestly don't see any indication for a change to this trend.

Btw even a "hardcore" MMO like Eve-online had a place for "casuals" and you need them as developers because the tiny population of the very hardcore players won't support your development or ongoing costs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JotaCe said:

They have previous Hype and Launch Hype.

Hype while they're playing and playing.

They start to gets annoying because some bugs, mechanics, issues and server crashes but still playing.

They start to play less than previous weeks, hype is less, Dev's fix something, but mess some other things.

...and occasionally, they write: "game is dying, fix this fix that or your game will die"

>>> Millenials discovers: Early Access Games.

I'm 44 years old, no millennial here! Been playing sandboxes for quite a long time now. I can honestly say that if Grapeshot keeps at this direction, their main player base (the faithful followers that will make 90% of their final game launch player base) will abandon their IP for the next greatest thing to pop into the limelight.

The only thing that will redeem them after the newness wears off and there have been a few years of game forum slander and bad publicity, will be a creative marketing campaign just before their retail release to arouse new interest. Most EA games fail miserably at any marketing campaigns just before their retail release primarily due to their lack of funding at that point. No new subs and an extremely bad track record of poor player interest equals no marketing funds nor investor interest. So, I guess we'll see. If Grapeshot wants to listen to their fans great, if not...

Edited by vaylain
  • Like 1

What ever you like, hardcore pvp survival, or casual sandbox, it has nothing to do with the current offline raiding, ships sinking mostly, situation in Atlas.

Having to grind and fight for your place in the world and being forced to join other groups is fair! But if you have to build some sort of half glitched storage boxes or similar, that impact the performance of the server and even then its never 100 % safe... this is just time wasting. When you get robbed on the seas, or your base gets raided, meaning your enemies have to waste resources and manpower to do that (roll up with a fleet, or at least, blow entrances in your fort), this is fine. You still can build up automated defenses (ai manned canons etc.). 

The problem is, that a bunch of naked dudes can sail down from the nearest free port, with minimum amounts of resources, while you are asleep, because you have a family/ job, and simply sink all your companies ships, unless you stick them in a big ass, ugly box. Even a hardcore game should be a game and not a 24/7 job. Life is Feudal and EvE Online are good examples, even with a limited amount of game time per day/week, you can be successful.

Edited by Cheesey

3 hours ago, LinkesAuge said:

No, most games (MMOs) actually die and only the few who actually manage to "stabilize" (or in even fewer cases grow) their player base survive but Atlas is certainly not on track doing that. Look at this graph: cgRnTKp.png

Not even half the population of an "old" game like ARK. You need a certain critical mass of players for a MMO like this to be viable and Atlas is heading into a direction where a recovery will be pretty much impossible.

You can argue that Atlas has at the moment still enough players to survive and that might be true currently but if the current trend continues for a few more weeks then even this won't be the case anymore and I honestly don't see any indication for a change to this trend.

Btw even a "hardcore" MMO like Eve-online had a place for "casuals" and you need them as developers because the tiny population of the very hardcore players won't support your development or ongoing costs.

you cant come with facts to bullet force. he is a complete idiot doesnt understand anything. just a useless typical retard with zero brainmass.