galium

health/oxygen/etc of shoulder tame's

How can you see the stats of a tame that is on your shoulder, like you can with mounts you are riding?

For example, it would be nice to know how much oxygen my seagull on my shoulder has left while we are diving.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Take a chronometer and time the time it takes for you to fill oxygen/hp in normal vs tame circumstances (lol).

seriously though, would be great if we actually had a chart from the devs on the wiki or if we could see the effects of the buff. Even food buffs dont really gove you specifics

Edited by Bad News Bear
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, galium said:

How can you see the stats of a tame that is on your shoulder, like you can with mounts you are riding?

For example, it would be nice to know how much oxygen my seagull on my shoulder has left while we are diving.

Hmm, I haven't tried using a seagull, but doesn't it just affect your oxygen level? The oxygen of the seagull is not important, it is when you run out that it matters. You can still see that as those lungs that appear when you go under water, right?

The seagull just boosts how long your oxygen lasts, to put it another way.

no, well I dont think so. I went underwater and it died with me having 75% of my oxygen bar, I assume of lack of oxygen. I have been pumping points into its oxygen, but it seems like the only way to test is to kill another seagull to see the difference of how long it can be under water. If I take it off my shoulder it goes shooting towards the top before I can check its settings

Edited by galium

you can see the stats they give in your stats menue in your character menue, my seagul gives me 17% swim speed bff, and 10.11 more oxygen stat., i don't know how to tell how long he can hold his breath, i mean maybe look at his points in it, and compare to yours.

the breathing buffs you get give you more efficiency, not more o2, so its not directly comparable

They must add the stats for shoulder mounted tames. i hope they will before you kill another poor little bird, lol.

What i learned from ark is that if you want to get animal benefits on yourself is to buff their damage. Penguin insulation? Pump damage. Parrot fort? Pump damage.

Parrot with 30+ ponts invested in damage gives me around 8ish fort

32 minutes ago, Lukas1987 said:

What i learned from ark is that if you want to get animal benefits on yourself is to buff their damage. Penguin insulation? Pump damage. Parrot fort? Pump damage.

Parrot with 30+ ponts invested in damage gives me around 8ish fort

This has mostly been changed to "just level them" with the exception of melee for harvest. Shoulder pet buffs and penguins get stronger with level not a particular stat.