Sign in to follow this  
Vorxius

Offline players phasing off boat?

Hi all, this is all new stuff to us, but, we have a house boat, that we use as a mobile base.  Every time I move the boat I kill the entire crew when they're offline!   This is funny for me, but, one guy was moving a large sum of gold (overloaded with thousands), logged out, and after i moved the boat, he had been phased off the ship, been subsequently eaten by any number of sealife, and when he eventually logged back in, had already lost his stuff and enormous amounts of gold...

Is this customary?  To not move with the boat when logged off inside a boat?  Unless i'm going stark raving mad, it happens every time the boat is moved, and the entire crew dies.

Not overly immersive I must say!   Does it happen to anyone else here?

We have taken now to stripping naked and dumping all our gear prior to logging off...   

Edited by Vorxius

Has happened to me before, just last night it happened to an ally, and last week I logged off in my base on land and when I logged back in I was dead in the ocean halfway between my neighbouring island...super random, had on Mah fancy furs.... 

It´s an issue because some genius thought it would be better not to render sleeping players. No snoring etc, just all gone.

God know what they thought it was a good idea, but again the track record speaks for itself.

Vorxius, those of us who played Ark are all too familiar with what happens when you move a platform of any kind with logged out players aboard. The easy answer is yes, you need to stow all of your inventory if you are logging off on any type of moving platform. We usually use personalized boxes or creatures where you can easily "transfer all" with your inventory and gear when logging off, and then we kill ourselves. This also prevents someone from locking you in a room or cage if they get to your body while you are offline.

49 minutes ago, Shintai said:

It´s an issue because some genius thought it would be better not to render sleeping players. No snoring etc, just all gone.

God know what they thought it was a good idea, but again the track record speaks for itself.

I think this was done to remove sleeping players from contesting claims.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Fefu said:

I think this was done to remove sleeping players from contesting claims.

Yes, another patch from heaven.

19 minutes ago, Shintai said:

Yes, another patch from heaven.

This is just one of those things that has pros and cons and sleeping players contesting claims was a huge issue so they are trying it this way. Inevitably over 2 years someone will work out what the optimal solution is and if history is any indication GrapeCard will inexplicably go for the solution two down the list from the best one. I would love to be wrong about this but don’t expect to be.

Wow, flash backs to trying to move tribe members on quetz platform, or having them DC mid travel.... Bodies floating to the ground. XD

• Like 1

13 hours ago, boomervoncannon said:

This is just one of those things that has pros and cons and sleeping players contesting claims was a huge issue so they are trying it this way. Inevitably over 2 years someone will work out what the optimal solution is and if history is any indication GrapeCard will inexplicably go for the solution two down the list from the best one. I would love to be wrong about this but don’t expect to be.

Ye, removing the ability of sleeping players to contest while staying ingame will be in a patch within the next 24-48 months 😄

14 hours ago, Fae Killgrave said:

Has happened to me before, just last night it happened to an ally, and last week I logged off in my base on land and when I logged back in I was dead in the ocean halfway between my neighbouring island...super random, had on Mah fancy furs.... 

If that happened, it's because you died and the game didn't know where to put your camera so it defaults to 0,0, middle of the map (usually in ocean water).

Confirmed, travelling with two logged off players in ship, both logged in at the grid boundary in the water.

rgr that, thanks for the replies everyone.  For sanity it confirms things for me!   Personal boxes it is; within in the barracks section of the ship 😄