Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
zwt2135

How people are tracking you in Atlas

Recommended Posts

So recently my company came across another company that we raided far far away from our lands. This company then almost immediately counter raided us with no knowledge of where we lived. Before you ask no they didn't use any skill like hiding on our ship or trailing us back or asking around where we live. They openly admitted to using battlemetrics. What is battlemetrics you ask well its a website that can track your movements in Atlas and many other games. You can even pay for a premium account which allows you advanced player tracking. This allows them to put alerts on you and when you move to another zone they get instant updates.

Now I personally think this is super scummy and borderline cheating but apparently it is allowed at the moment. That being said I understand using every advantage to accomplish the mission but this is something that I think is complete trash and will ruin the game. I have spent hours tracking down my opponents the legit way.

So after this happened I tried to find any posts on how to block battlemetrics and really came up empty handed. So I researched how the website works and found a successful way of blocking the tracking software and wanted to share it with others who might have suffered the same issues.

The way battlementrics works is that it tracks you based off of your steam name. No it does not track your steam ID unless you are on what is called an Rcon server which official is not. So how do we fix this issues?

1) Change your steam name to 123 (The more people that do this the more 123 profiles show up to confuse the person looking for you.)

2) Clear your past aliases in steam do this by clicking the arrow next to previous aliases and click clear all under view profile. (This makes it so they cant see who you used to be.)

3) Change your profile to completely private under the privacy tab (This makes every 123 steam profile uniform so again harder to pin point which 123 you are.)

4) Change your steam avatar to the ? photo that is default with steam. (This makes it so they cant see you under the player list and recognize you by your avatar.)

 

If you follow these steps battlemetrics can never find you and you will have once again become invisible unless the players tracking you actually want to track you the legit way.

Edited by zwt2135
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So some geniuses decided they would create a fantastic tool for griefers/cyber-stalkers to easily hunt down their victims to harass. Bang up job guys! Seriously, do these people ever stop to ask themselves, "How might something like this be abused?" 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No man that's part of the game I could care less about that. Your gonna raid and your gonna get raided that's the whole fun of the game. I just think its cheap that someone can get instant notifications of your location. That takes the whole fun out of being a pirate and it screws smaller groups. A big company can just look you up and steam roll you. It creates more player interaction making another team ask around to hunt you down. It makes them have to bring out hunting parties as well. You my friend missed the point and probably are one of the looser kids who uses battlemetrics and are mad I posted how to block it.

2 minutes ago, Warspectre said:

So some geniuses decided they would create a fantastic tool for griefers/cyber-stalkers to easily hunt down their victims to harass. Bang up job guys! Seriously, do these people ever stop to ask themselves, "How might something like this be abused?" 

Exactly I mean the first day we came  for a counter raid on these guy these were waiting there with a brig. Hahah but after I figured out how to block their little tracking software they now have no base as I foundation wiped it with my team.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, zwt2135 said:

Now I personally think this is super scummy and borderline cheating but apparently it is allowed at the moment. That being said I understand using every advantage to accomplish the mission but this is something that I think is complete trash and will ruin the game. I have spent hours tracking down my opponents the legit way.

Its always been allowed on Ark. Thats why there are so many 123 steam names.

Edited by Lynx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Lynx said:

Its always been allowed on Ark. Thats why there are so many 123 steam names.

That doesn't make it any less scummy and cheap.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, zwt2135 said:

That doesn't make it any less scummy and cheap.

Tracking on the internet is the way of the future.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've had about enough of this topic. If you want to go raid others and not be hit back, you are a coward.  Who cares if the same people found you and hit back, as opposed to having a new crew come and attack you?

My squad has whined about  https://www.battlemetrics.com/ all week.  And you know why? Cause they are ruthless raiders, not only that they will belittle your person, your voice, and your way of life.  People that raid are looking to take something that is not farmed by them and make it theirs.

Look raiding is part of the game, but life is life is life. You take something from someone else karma is a bitch, get over it. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, FindingNemo said:

I've had about enough of this topic. If you want to go raid others and not be hit back, you are a coward.  Who cares if the same people found you and hit back, as opposed to having a new crew come and attack you?

My squad has whined about  https://www.battlemetrics.com/ all week.  And you know why? Cause they are ruthless raiders, not only that they will belittle your person, your voice, and your way of life.  People that raid are looking to take something that is not farmed by them and make it theirs.

Look raiding is part of the game, but life is life is life. You take something from someone else karma is a bitch, get over it. 

You guys are missing the point again read the posts. I have said it many times now I don't care about getting raided back that's the fun of the game. Raiding and being a pirate is what makes the game fun hitting people and getting hit is fun. The problem I have is being able to constantly track someone with no effort. You don't have to use any skill to find them you just type them in a search. Again I could care less I got hit back what bothers me is that they instantly knew where we were and came with in minutes. Why not just have everyone locations listed in game if this is an intended feature.

Bottom line is this anyone who is pissed I posted how to block battlemetrics are the ones who are using it and are upset their stupid tool is gonna be useless. Play the game for real not like some ESP location finder.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Now I personally think this is super scummy and borderline cheating but apparently it is allowed at the moment. That being said I understand using every advantage to accomplish the mission but this is something that I think is complete trash and will ruin the game. I have spent hours tracking down my opponents the legit way.

 

its kinda scummy to raid someones base...

 

We all have to be fine with being scummy to play this game or we have to play pve. The tracking isn't the problem. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, FindingNemo said:

 

Now I personally think this is super scummy and borderline cheating but apparently it is allowed at the moment. That being said I understand using every advantage to accomplish the mission but this is something that I think is complete trash and will ruin the game. I have spent hours tracking down my opponents the legit way.

 

its kinda scummy to raid someones base...

 

We all have to be fine with being scummy to play this game or we have to play pve. The tracking isn't the problem. 

Are you dumb? Raiding is part of the game bro its part of the game core mechanics. I don't see a tab in atlas for battlemetrics. You know as well as I battlemetrics is garbage you probably just use it and are upset people can block it now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Steam owns battle metrix 

In ark if there were no battle metrix there was no hitting someone  back. You probably would make the argument that ark was a shit game cause you could be attacked and then couldn't attack  back. 

Just play the game, if you raid someone know you could be raided back. Its pretty simple. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A game without consequences in a game that is made to be somewhat like reality wouldn't be very true to it self. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FindingNemo said:

Steam owns battle metrix 

In ark if there were no battle metrix there was no hitting someone  back. You probably would make the argument that ark was a shit game cause you could be attacked and then couldn't attack  back. 

I'm not responding to you anymore your not listening to me. This isn't ark you can find people here without tracking software as I have done it multiple times. I think ark was a good game btw so stop putting words in my mouth. You are just being salty bro.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's comical that the OP never complained about getting raided, only that he wants others to have to work for it instead of the info being handed to them like some sort of digital welfare. Then we get all of these "intellectuals" who clearly lacked the ability to understand the original post and begin bashing him for "whining about getting raided". I agree with the OP, I'm tired of using the steam name 123 so that I am on equal terms with my enemies, I'm tired of sorting through the sea of 123's in my friends list trying to figure out who is who. This isn't going to change, and I finished complaining about it long ago, but that doesn't change the fact that it sucks and that someone tracking you like this IRL would be grounds for quite the lawsuit. In short, the OP is correct, use the Steam name "123" or realize people will track you on Battlemetrics.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if you have an issue with your friends list "hit manage" on your buddies name and create a "nick name."   These are all kinda trivial issues. Not being able to tell who your friends are in your friends list..

Come on guys who thinks its fair to lose all our stuff and then have no way of attacking back?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ViperGuyMike said:

It's comical that the OP never complained about getting raided, only that he wants others to have to work for it instead of the info being handed to them like some sort of digital welfare. Then we get all of these "intellectuals" who clearly lacked the ability to understand the original post and begin bashing him for "whining about getting raided". I agree with the OP, I'm tired of using the steam name 123 so that I am on equal terms with my enemies, I'm tired of sorting through the sea of 123's in my friends list trying to figure out who is who. This isn't going to change, and I finished complaining about it long ago, but that doesn't change the fact that it sucks and that someone tracking you like this IRL would be grounds for quite the lawsuit. In short, the OP is correct, use the Steam name "123" or realize people will track you on Battlemetrics.

Thank you finally someone who actually read  my post. All I'm trying to do is make people aware that people are using this software to track them in game and I want them to be able to block it if they choose to do so. Again all the haters here are upset because I am shedding light on their dumb little program that they probably use religiously everyday. No one ever said hey I really hope there is a way everyone can track my every loction with live updates wouldn't that be neat?

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not only not having a way of attacking back, but you might raid some other dude out of frustration... When you coulda just attacked that guy that raided you in the first place.. The battle metrix system if you are willing to use it.. Allows for retaliation, and revenge. These are all emotions one likes to satisfy after being raided.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be fair, if I played PVP, I'd assume it tactical to travel for a long time to raid someone with the possibility they'd be able to find me for revenge. Maybe leave a little taunting note on their claim flag if they had one for good fun banter.

But the fun would (for me) get taken away if I spent all those hours looking for a random grid, with a random island, for a random target. But then they use a third party program to find me without any work.

However I know there's a second head to the PVP coin, someone else might get hit because they "thought it was you"  But such is the life of PVP.

It takes guerilla warfare and turns it into spot lights on their heads.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, zwt2135 said:

Thank you finally someone who actually read  my post. All I'm trying to do is make people aware that people are using this software to track them in game and I want them to be able to block it if they choose to do so. Again all the haters here are upset because I am shedding light on their dumb little program that they probably use religiously everyday. No one ever said hey I really hope there is a way everyone can track my every loction with live updates wouldn't that be neat?

Atlas and ark are not for people that are weak mentally. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Weak mentally? Because we have a different idea about what we would like to see in the game? Come on man, argue on the issues and don't devolve to personal insults, it reflects negatively on your character.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Asanna said:

To be fair, if I played PVP, I'd assume it tactical to travel for a long time to raid someone with the possibility they'd be able to find me for revenge. Maybe leave a little taunting note on their claim flag if they had one for good fun banter.

But the fun would (for me) get taken away if I spent all those hours looking for a random grid, with a random island, for a random target. But then they use a third party program to find me without any work.

However I know there's a second head to the PVP coin, someone else might get hit because they "thought it was you"  But such is the life of PVP.

It takes guerilla warfare and turns it into spot lights on their heads.

I mean good luck getting steam to shutdown a web site that they even have a premium account that you can pay money to have...  I find your post more rational than the cry baby prior but still.. its something we can't change so we have to work with it. You can change your steam url and change your name to 123 and they will never be able to see your steam id and track you.

1 minute ago, ViperGuyMike said:

Weak mentally? Because we have a different idea about what we would like to see in the game? Come on man, argue on the issues and don't devolve to personal insults, it reflects negatively on your character.

wasn't really pointing you out of the crowd but if you feel that way, not my problem. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, FindingNemo said:

I mean good luck getting steam to shutdown a web site that they even have a premium account that you can pay money to have...  I find your post more rational than the cry baby prior but still.. its something we can't change so we have to work with it. You can change your steam url and change your name to 123 and they will never be able to see your steam id and track you.

I don't think I or anyone ever mentioned shutting it down. I could be wrong when it started being a back and forth I kinda zoned out.

Obviously there are ways to get around it, I personally just get tired of seeing "123" all over the place lol. But not my kittens, not my litter. I think the OP is just trying to spread the word about the 123 but went about it in a weird way. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Asanna said:

I don't think I or anyone ever mentioned shutting it down. I could be wrong when it started being a back and forth I kinda zoned out.

Obviously there are ways to get around it, I personally just get tired of seeing "123" all over the place lol. But not my kittens, not my litter. I think the OP is just trying to spread the word about the 123 but went about it in a weird way. 

So this is a bit off topic.. But I also think atlas and ark is about statistics.. I don't know if they care about game play or not.. i mean i really think they are just collecting data.  I'm sure they are aware of the 123 issue and probably use it some how to track how many people play these games idk.  It didn't seem to stop people from buying 7 million copies of ark. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×