Sign in to follow this  
zwt2135

How people are tracking you in Atlas

What I am seeing from your response is excuses! I play both PvP and PvE .. I know what is needed to play the game. Like I said I have been playing online games and many games for a long time.

What your little program is, is invasion of privacy.. plain and simple!!!

It lacks effort into doing what the game is about.. oh big deal you coded something to track others, but why don't you physically go out and do that. You are hiding behind your computer until the other company is offline so you can go raid them and get no resistance.. yea REEEEAAALLLL pvp there. *rolls eyes*

• Like 2

Fact is, lots and lots of tools exist. The data exists. Even Steam has their own apps. And changing your name? lol: not going to help. Caching data. Folks will continue to use them. 🙂

Next topic please

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ivah BlackWater said:

What I am seeing from your response is excuses! I play both PvP and PvE .. I know what is needed to play the game. Like I said I have been playing online games and many games for a long time.

What your little program is, is invasion of privacy.. plain and simple!!!

It lacks effort into doing what the game is about.. oh big deal you coded something to track others, but why don't you physically go out and do that. You are hiding behind your computer until the other company is offline so you can go raid them and get no resistance.. yea REEEEAAALLLL pvp there. *rolls eyes*

My program isn't doing anything you can't do in-game. It has the exact same data set just tabled and presented in a neater format. What you are basically saying is that every player that plays Atlas is a potential invader of privacy. Also it doesn't lack effort it takes effort to make. The program is primarily designed to aid in the strategic part of the game and that it does very well. At the end of the day PVP is always PVP on a PVP server regardless if the enemy is home or not. It's all part of the bigger picture.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, DOA said:

Fact is, lots and lots of tools exist. The data exists. Even Steam has their own apps. And changing your name? lol: not going to help. Caching data. Folks will continue to use them. 🙂

Next topic please

Yep you can't stand in the way of progress and technology. Keep pace or become irrelevant or very dead if you play Atlas :classic_laugh::classic_laugh:

mhm, so very true. I laugh cause folks are paranoid on games. Fact is, all games have them. Oh, wait: do they know all social networks are trackable, images have geo coords, tracking virus's can be inserted into images. The future: AI

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DOA said:

mhm, so very true. I laugh cause folks are paranoid on games. Fact is, all games have them. Oh, wait: do they know all social networks are trackable, images have geo coords, tracking virus's can be inserted into images. The future: AI

Yep makes you laugh. They whinge about someone taking publicly available game data and simply outputting it in a neater form, yet they have no qualms about sharing private info on Facebook and Google which then uses it to make money.

5 hours ago, Symptom said:

I feel noob reading this post but i finally understand about "123". Thx for this post! 

Just an idea, if we can't get rid of this, why don't they add tracking and hiding skills tree, allowing you for big amount of point to track other players or stay hidden from other player's tracking?

Just an idea, it could make it fun and give us an other way to counter this issue!

I love this idea they should add it for both sides. One to hide from being tracked and one to help you track someone. If there was a balanced game mechanic like this I wouldn't be upset about it. Its just the crappy method of just plugging someones name and boom instant info which I think is so scummy.

@Jatheish Do you guys really allow this type of paid 3rd party software to be used in your game to constantly track people and gather their personal information. Do you and your team not consider this to be borderline cheating? What is the difference between this guy making his own tracking software to give him the edge over his enemy's and others making their own software to have ESP to see through walls?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bullet Force said:

When you play this game at a high level it comes down more to strategy and organisation then anything else. If you are in a large company then its even more important to use specialized tools to aid in organisation and logistics. You talk about players not wanting to put effort into the game but you are clearly missing the point. These tools the custom ones companies develop like the Raid Master are custom software coded by players in this case myself and others. 

Overall it took several weeks of fine tuning to get it working properly. I wouldn't call that a lack of 'effort'. This is a kind of game that rewards players for going that extra bit further to get ahead, just because you are unwilling or unable to play the game to the maximum doesn't mean others should be denied the opportunity. Official PVP servers are meant to be the most competitive version of the game out there, that is why after all we play on them and not some casual unofficial server.

You are so beyond clueless, as soon as this is well known in mmo community this game is dead in the water 

Edited by Back Stabbath
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Back Stabbath said:

You are so beyond clueless

I think the problem with the Pro battlemetrics guys is they grew up in a generation where they think everything should just be handed to them. They don't understand hard work and working towards a goal. Again if you guys look at their logic lets just have a program that gives me an advantage over others. No different then a hacking program that give you an advantage over another player. Their argument is anyone can do it too well yea anyone can also buy hacks but we don't because we like to play the game legit.

• Like 2

Being a part of a zerg isnt easy enough for this guy , he has to rely on 3rd party software to compete as well. 

Hes not smart enough to realize that his entire argument can be copy and pasted as an arguement for any hack/ cheat aimbot esp out there atm.

Imagine trying to convince someone to play this goddamn game lol. Hey it's a pirate game...sort of.

Except if you make anybody angry they can track down exactly where you are at anytime and it's completely sanctioned by the devs... oh and they can completely destroy and take everything you built super easy. 

WHAT? No sorry bro. You cant build in hidden spots or  stealthy. Or travel anywhere to get away from your enemies. Giant zergs just use 3rd parties progs to find ya.

If you want you can build underwater though . Just dont log out near the spot . Just build sloops. Or even better . Hook up with a bunch of annoying kids who need 3rd party programs to compete.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, zwt2135 said:

@Jatheish Do you guys really allow this type of paid 3rd party software to be used in your game to constantly track people and gather their personal information. Do you and your team not consider this to be borderline cheating? What is the difference between this guy making his own tracking software to give him the edge over his enemy's and others making their own software to have ESP to see through walls?

Long range ESP

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zwt2135 said:

Do you guys really allow this type of paid 3rd party software to be used in your game to constantly track people and gather their personal information. Do you and your team not consider this to be borderline cheating? What is the difference between this guy making his own tracking software to give him the edge over his enemy's and others making their own software to have ESP to see through walls?

Cheating? Sorry but that is some mighty fine exaggeration right there. These data analysis programs are certainly not cheating, all you are doing is filtering public data to extract the bits that count. Nothing more and nothing less. 

1 hour ago, Back Stabbath said:

You are so beyond clueless, as soon as this is well known in mmo community this game is dead in the water 

Sorry but this kind of thing has been around for many years,  yet I am the one that is "beyond clueless"? :classic_laugh:

In recent years its been perfected a lot more but it has always existed for MMO's. I know for a fact that EVE for instance has a lot of custom software players use to monitor their enemies. I used the same software in ARK as I do in Atlas, there was also Battlemetrics in ARK too. There was never an issue there and that game nor any other MMO type game has never been 'dead in the water' because of it.

Edited by Bullet Force

32 minutes ago, Back Stabbath said:

Being a part of a zerg isnt easy enough for this guy , he has to rely on 3rd party software to compete as well. 

Hes not smart enough to realize that his entire argument can be copy and pasted as an arguement for any hack/ cheat aimbot esp out there atm.

Imagine trying to convince someone to play this goddamn game lol. Hey it's a pirate game...sort of.

Except if you make anybody angry they can track down exactly where you are at anytime and it's completely sanctioned by the devs... oh and they can completely destroy and take everything you built super easy. 

WHAT? No sorry bro. You cant build in hidden spots or  stealthy. Or travel anywhere to get away from your enemies. Giant zergs just use 3rd parties progs to find ya.

If you want you can build underwater though . Just dont log out near the spot . Just build sloops. Or even better . Hook up with a bunch of annoying kids who need 3rd party programs to compete.

Educate yourself before you such ridiculous statements plz. There is no comparison what so ever between someone aimbotting and someone using Battlemetrics or custom software like I do. The data we use is available to all and any players, in fact they don't even need to own the game to obtain it. It is data that is free and available to who wish to harness it.

Ark is garbage. And is not an mmo. And is full of hackers .

This was marketed as an mmo. I know what has and hasn't been around for many years  .

If you think Ark is successful you really are clueless.

You think being able to tell where your enemies are adds to the game? Dude stop.  You are an idiot . 

• Like 1

Aimbots dont use data available to all players? They work hard to make those programs. Weeks to refine them .

Companys need to use every tool available in order to compete.   

See what I did there. 

Man are you dense 

Fact is it takes away from the gameplay and you are about as smart as a rock.

At this point you are either trolling me..   or you need to go upstairs and punch your mom in the face for failing so hard.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Back Stabbath said:

Ark is garbage. And is not an mmo. And is full of hackers .

This was marketed as an mmo. I know what has and hasn't been around for many years  .

If you think Ark is successful you really are clueless.

You think being able to tell where your enemies are adds to the game? Dude stop.  You are an idiot . 

As I said in one my posts, if you play this game at a high level in a large group it becomes less about skills and more about who can organise better, who can get their logistics/resupplies together better and when and where you decide to strike. These websites that just aid with organisation and strategies. They are not placing the crosshair on someone's head, they are merely telling you go to a certain grid square at a specific time and you will likely be in a strong position to attack.

4 minutes ago, Back Stabbath said:

Aimbots dont use data available to all players? They work hard to make those programs. Weeks to refine them .

Companys need to use every tool available in order to compete.   

See what I did there. 

Man are you dense 

Fact is it takes away from the gameplay and you are about as smart as a rock.

At this point you are either trolling me..   or you need to go upstairs and punch your mom in the face for failing so hard.

Aimbots and other cheats interfere with the actual game. They manipulate the game to give players an unfair advantage. That is completely different from a simple harmless website that does not interact with the game and does not affect gameplay in any way. What such websites do is no different to someone going to a grid square and writing down on a piece of paper the names of all those that play there. Do you wish to stop that also? Should players not be allowed to memorize other players base locations? Where does this silliness end.

Edited by Bullet Force

Try reading the thread...I cant even respond to you anymore...pretty sure you are just trolling me. 

If so well done lol

Take a look at the steam reviews, this game has one thing going for it   word of mouth.

Just lost mine.

Edited by Back Stabbath

I have been a long time subscriber of Battlemetrics.

🙂

Can't wait to see more tracking apps. 😉

1 hour ago, Bad News Bear said:

Long range ESP

Speaking of ESP.

I have no doubt a certain group of players (not being racist) are using a ESP hack as they have been going around directly targeting specific walls on bases exactly where the best loot is behind a particular wall.

Here is a video example of a ESP hack used in the Miscreated survival game used by those exact same people which has destroyed that game. No doubt there is some hack out there already for Atlas which does the exact same thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TBoDSEw_18

@Bullet Force
For a person clever enough to write a piece of software that logs and presents data about other peoples playing patterns, you, at the same time, seem willfully ignorant towards the viewpoint that the people you log may feel that you are invading their privacy in doing so.

In the EU, that can get you into trouble with the GDPR, as any unsanctioned logging of data and publication is against the law as soon as it can be lead back to the person that you are tracking. And since you and battlemetrics are using the steamname you are indeed storing personal information that can tell alot about a persons private life.

On top of that, what you are doing is in its essence cheating, since data that shows online patterns, etc does not exist without your tool (and battlemetrics).

@Jatheish
What are you guys doing to prevent breaches of the GDPR in Europe?
Since the data is mined from your systems, you are enabling logging of private information on individuals, this could make you liable to being fined.

21 minutes ago, Fiil said:

@Bullet Force
For a person clever enough to write a piece of software that logs and presents data about other peoples playing patterns, you, at the same time, seem willfully ignorant towards the viewpoint that the people you log may feel that you are invading their privacy in doing so.

In the EU, that can get you into trouble with the GDPR, as any unsanctioned logging of data and publication is against the law as soon as it can be lead back to the person that you are tracking. And since you and battlemetrics are using the steamname you are indeed storing personal information that can tell alot about a persons private life.

On top of that, what you are doing is in its essence cheating, since data that shows online patterns, etc does not exist without your tool (and battlemetrics).

@Jatheish
What are you guys doing to prevent breaches of the GDPR in Europe?
Since the data is mined from your systems, you are enabling logging of private information on individuals, this could make you liable to being fined.

I agree with you and I am surprised that the Devs have not given us a response on how they feel about all this. @Jatheish I am sure you guys are aware of the use of these programs do you really condone them for your game? I mean whats the point of a massive open world with so many players if everyone can constantly track who ever they want.