Sign in to follow this  
zwt2135

How people are tracking you in Atlas

I guess i have a low tolerance for the subject cause i played ark and it was there too so i just see it as a fact of life.  Sorry if i stepped on your toes landlubber.

1 hour ago, FindingNemo said:

I've had about enough of this topic. If you want to go raid others and not be hit back, you are a coward.  Who cares if the same people found you and hit back, as opposed to having a new crew come and attack you?

My squad has whined about  https://www.battlemetrics.com/ all week.  And you know why? Cause they are ruthless raiders, not only that they will belittle your person, your voice, and your way of life.  People that raid are looking to take something that is not farmed by them and make it theirs.

Look raiding is part of the game, but life is life is life. You take something from someone else karma is a bitch, get over it. 

You clearly didn’t read(or understand) OP’s post. We all agree that raiding is part of the game and fun but not when you take the time tactically sail far away from your land (so it’s much harder for enmities to find you) just so they can type in a name and search your location. At that point why not just post everyone’s location.... it’s clearly broken. Do you know how many times my squad has found people who raided us the legit way by asking around. That is a gameplay experience by itself and a lot fun. Of course the attacker should have the advantage because they made the first move. 

Also, for anyone saying battle metrics is part of the game and fair in anyway, how is it fair to be able to not only easily find anyone’s location but also a history of their  time playing. All you have to do is see when they get on and log off and then plan to raid them around that. To me that’s the biggest coward out there....

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, SockStink said:

You clearly didn’t read(or understand) OP’s post. We all agree that raiding is part of the game and fun but not when you take the time tactically sail far away from your land (so it’s much harder for enmities to find you) just so they can type in a name and search your location. At that point why not just post everyone’s location.... it’s clearly broken. Do you know how many times my squad has found people who raided us the legit way by asking around. That is a gameplay experience by itself and a lot fun. Of course the attacker should have the advantage because they made the first move. 

Also, for anyone saying battle metrics is part of the game and fair in anyway, how is it fair to be able to not only easily find anyone’s location but also a history of their  time playing. All you have to do is see when they get on and log off and then plan to raid them around that. To me that’s the biggest coward out there....

Well i can see you are not letting this go. And i have lots of time on my hands.  If people are upset about the realism of the game its only a compliment to the devs.   We have bounty hunters in real life and face book is the battle metrics of life.  You can hide from battle metrics with a few simple tricks.  If you are going to raid and are unaware of these tricks and get raided back.. Well its not really battle metrics fault is it?  

1 minute ago, FindingNemo said:

Well i can see you are not letting this go. And i have lots of time on my hands.  If people are upset about the realism of the game its only a compliment to the devs.   We have bounty hunters in real life and face book is the battle metrics of life.  You can hide from battle metrics with a few simple tricks.  If you are going to raid and are unaware of these tricks and get raided back.. Well its not really battle metrics fault is it?  

Man I had no idea they had Facebook back in the pirate days....do you read what you post before posting? Hiring bounty hunters to find who raided you would be awsome as long as they weren’t npcs and it was a quest for a different team. That would be very cool, but using a website/premium service to get text messages when someone enters your grid....that’s clearly broken. 

• Like 2

Didn't know they had computers back in the pirate days either. Should we be playing this game with sticks and rocks?

And you can bet there is a text message that goes off some place if a Russian air craft or boat enters usa territory. 

5 minutes ago, FindingNemo said:

Also, please tell me how using a website to track someone is realistic whatsoever for a game set in the pirate age? Finding someone by sailing around and asking other company’s would be realism...

2 minutes ago, FindingNemo said:

Didn't know they had computers back in the pirate days either. Should we be playing this game with sticks and rocks?

And you can bet there is a text message that goes off some place if a Russian air craft or boat enters usa territory. 

Woah how can I craft the computer??? You’re logic is really broken man. Take a day or two to think about what you are saying 

• Like 2

You guys are just mad to be mad.  First off its a game not real life.  Second off, you still raided someone.. And even in games we don't live in a world of no consequences.   

Just want to get this straight.. you want to sail a few squares away cause i know you didn't sail across the map.. And then raid a wood hut... And kill some chickens... 

Then you get upset when someone tracks you down and blows up your even smaller shack and your two sloops is that the problem?

Battlemetrics has been around for a while and so has 123 names...this was done long ago for this exact reason so yea...if ur worried about being tracked then it's well known in the ark/atlas world u goda run 123(well pretty much any online steam game that has pvp)

I love how it was all settled, everyone said their peace, and then Captain 2 cents had to bombard and get in on the action an hour later. Sorry Nemo, I had fun chatting with you and seeing your apology to the OP

3 minutes ago, FindingNemo said:

You guys are just mad to be mad.  First off its a game not real life.  Second off, you still raided someone.. And even in games we don't live in a world of no consequences.   

Just want to get this straight.. you want to sail a few squares away cause i know you didn't sail across the map.. And then raid a wood hut... And kill some chickens... 

Then you get upset when someone tracks you down and blows up your even smaller shack and your two sloops is that the problem?

Read our posts....NO that is not what anyone of us is saying. We don’t care about getting raid and UNDERSTAND that is part of the game. We just don’t like tracked down with a website that take 0 skill or hard work to find out locations. It’s almost like cheating.... do you like programs at assist your garbage aim so you can headshot anyone? No. Why would you like the same for finding people’s bases 

6 minutes ago, xRDx said:

Battlemetrics has been around for a while and so has 123 names...this was done long ago for this exact reason so yea...if ur worried about being tracked then it's well known in the ark/atlas world u goda run 123(well pretty much any online steam game that has pvp)

Which is the exact reason OP posted to let people know about the tracking for anyone who hasn’t played ark or was unaware about battlemetrics

I'm only replying cause i'm trying to give up ark and atlas and i guess a day of threads is entertaining me for now.. these games can be sooo addicting.. 

Just now, FindingNemo said:

I'm only replying cause i'm trying to give up ark and atlas and i guess a day of threads is entertaining me for now.. these games can be sooo addicting.. 

You could come live with me on PVE lol, i've got over 800 hours since i bought it in January 😛

7 minutes ago, FindingNemo said:

Or is the problem there is no offline protection so you can't be around when they show up? Is the pvp you are trying to avoid?

Again, no. I love pvp and that’s why I play the game. Just not when it takes no skill is what I don’t like. If I do the work and spend the time to sail multiple grids away they shouldn’t be able to just use a website for tracking. 

Bro first off it does take some skill to track someone, i mean guys i my tribe went so far as to find people's mac address and ip's.  The fact of the point is that battle metrics isn't going any where and arguing over a pointless unchangeable fact is well pointless.  I mean it sucks that florida is going under water... should we say it really sucks a lot maybe write a book about it? OR just realize its going under water and think about ways to work with it? Maybe lower green house emissions. 

But there is a web site and battle metrics isn't the only one.  Top ark or top atlas servers allow some tracking as well. You can either change your steam url and name or get raided. There is gravity we don't project through space at 32 feet per second and the world is not flat. 

4 minutes ago, Asanna said:

You could come live with me on PVE lol, i've got over 800 hours since i bought it in January 😛

Ive thought about pve.. or unofficial just to experience the game a bit more. 

3 minutes ago, FindingNemo said:

Bro first off it does take some skill to track someone, i mean guys i my tribe went so far as to find people's mac address and ip's.  The fact of the point is that battle metrics isn't going any where and arguing over a pointless unchangeable fact is well pointless.  I mean it sucks that florida is going under water... should we say it really sucks a lot maybe write a book about it? OR just realize its going under water and think about ways to work with it? Maybe lower green house emissions. 

But there is a web site and battle metrics isn't the only one.  Top ark or top atlas servers allow some tracking as well. You can either change your steam url and name or get raided. There is gravity we don't project through space at 32 feet per second and the world is not flat. 

The only skill in tracking is doing it the game through sailing and asking neighboring companies. Also, discussing it as a group and reporting it to the devs is how things get changed in early access. Also it’s possible the devs would like to change what was broken on ark when developing their new game right??? Early access is about feedback. Also all of your real life comparisons are terrible and make 0 sense. 

Yeah you might be right, but the dev's didn't see battle metrics as a flaw. Even if they did you have to realize, ark is maybe one of the most played games on steam.. But they had 5 years to perfect the game, and 123 is still very much a thing.  Most people if they live in large tribes don't care about 123.  The game has a hard time allowing a solo or duo player to get a head. I think you are more upset that there isn't offline protection and that stone walls are not harder to get though. 

The old leader of bldx never changed his steam name to 123.  He just didn't need to. 

Edited by FindingNemo

Good post ...... Thank You! 

I remember hearing of a bounty system being implemented at some point.  Tracking players w/ 3rd party means would defeat the whole purpose .... and fun.

• Like 1

You guys must all suck.. 3rd party devices to fight? Learn to play a game. Sounds like you guys don't know how to fight back. The salt is real.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Posterboy said:

You guys must all suck.. 3rd party devices to fight? Learn to play a game. Sounds like you guys don't know how to fight back. The salt is real.

Honestly the pvp is kinda broke in this game.  First off the guns... second off the 2 weeks free of aim bot.  3rdly its too easy to raid once your base is destroyed.   We were almost entirely wiped and we still were able to tame bears and raid every night.   Just a stop of one of the many free ports with crystal, gems, sulfur, and one two times woot. and then sail you ramshackel sloop to destination and blow up all their boats... Wash and repeat with a lot of time on you hands 5 days later whatever said island is wiped. 

Why use Battlemetrics when you can use this  site

Features being worked on

Player search You will be able to search for a player's name and see what server it is on.

Ship tracking system The system will keep track of player groups moving together at the same time from server to server.

Edited by BOBBYLOBBY

That really doesn't do anything different the method I posted before will block that as well.

Of course there is no chance in a million that you just got randomly raided the same way you raided someone. Unless you tracked them down to begin with.

Or is there some sort of rule that they cant randomly raid you back?