Sign in to follow this  
reesespntbtr

Defensive NPCs Shooting Everything Despite Targeting Options

For instance having NPCs on ballistas on a ship set to survivor/tame only they are constantly shooting wild fish. Has anyone found a resolve to this?

Standing at the wheel and pressing "C" puts them on stand down, which means they won't shoot anything, even what you have them set to fire on.

• Haha 1

My major issue is with cannons set to ships only shooting "enemy" player ships in PvE.

You shits do 0 damage.

Stop.

Pressing "C" is very inconsistent. 
I have my cannons all set to SHIPS ONLY and as soon as I drop anchor my crew immediately begins blasting fish and whatnot. I can spam the living shit out of C to no avail, resulting in dismounting my entire crew from cannons to stop the idiots from wasting all my ammo.

Apparently, artillery fishing is a popular sport among NPC crew and a stupid, stupid waste of ammo. I'd love to see this fixed. And more targeting options to set for them. Like the land-based NPC crew, I only want them to kill aggro predators, not blast away at sheep and crows that walk/fly by. That's also a stupid waste of ammo. 

8 hours ago, Cutter said:

So...still no fix?!?! 🖕🏽

This has been broken/bugged/implemented poorly since release over a year ago. There are multiple threads on this and ZERO acknowledgement.

I really love when I'm in a rush to logoff and finally able to anchor my galleon with 900 cannonballs and forget to hit "C". Then log back on to the sounds of my NPC's shooting at fish in the water and almost out of cannonballs. 🤬