zottel

What does dmg a ship?

I know the Basic stuff as sotd's And whales dmg them. But shipyards And Stone structures wont do Any dmg if u Crash Into them. Beach And shallow water dies too. And Wood railubgs dmg ships aswell,but what Else is Doing dmg to ships?

Parking your ship on top your dock, while pulling in in high seas does a nice job. Was fun watching every lower plank on my schooner explode off at the same time. Oops.

Well i was sailing along about a week ago coming up close to shore. I was doing treasure maps with 10k onboard.

A storm comes in and i try to move close to shore to anchor when my ship glitches and it rocked and shakes ready to jump in the air. Still have no idea what I hit, nothing there.

My ship starts flashing with red symbols underneath, starting to panic with all the gold on so i turn back and manage to move further down coast.

I frantically run around repairing everything but notice my tame got thrown off in the glitched moment. I was lucky that day, thought I lost it all but i know boats do damage hitting things, i just dont know what i hit as i jumped under water to check, nothing there.

I now stay well away from that area on my grid.

Edited by DannyUK

1 hour ago, DannyUK said:

...i try to move close to shore to anchor when my ship glitches and it rocked and shakes ready to jump in the air. Still have no idea what I hit, nothing there....

I have had this happen when sailing through one of the "Mirage Islands" that appear sometimes. The boat reacted like it was sailing up a beach but no damage to the hull. The other crew didn't see anything unusual.

14 hours ago, DannyUK said:

Well i was sailing along about a week ago coming up close to shore. I was doing treasure maps with 10k onboard.

A storm comes in and i try to move close to shore to anchor when my ship glitches and it rocked and shakes ready to jump in the air. Still have no idea what I hit, nothing there.

My ship starts flashing with red symbols underneath, starting to panic with all the gold on so i turn back and manage to move further down coast.

I frantically run around repairing everything but notice my tame got thrown off in the glitched moment. I was lucky that day, thought I lost it all but i know boats do damage hitting things, i just dont know what i hit as i jumped under water to check, nothing there.

I now stay well away from that area on my grid.

Been in a similar situation. Doing a treasure map i went in as close to land as possible to anchor. Was truly shallow so didnt even get that close but all of the sudden some loud bangs and my ship started take in water in 4 places, didnt have enough wood in box to repair all so I had to panic swim to shore and harvest wood, killing shit attacking me and back to ship to repair. Made it in time but im more careful nowadays going near shallow shorelines to anchor. I do however like the idea of wrecking your ship in shallow waters if not being careful. But i dont know if its suppose to happen or not.

Edited by NiHiL

I've noticed that at about 30% sail, if I hit the bottom or a rock, the ship takes no damage. So when doing treasure maps and sailing close to shore, I just reduce sail to 30%. Visually, this is when the three part sail only shows the top part open.

No idea what the maximum speed is that you get no damage at, I think at 50%, the ship is damaged, so somewhere between 30 and 50%.