Brantley Driftwood

Abandoned rafts and ships

Can there not be a claim timer implemented on these things? Well at least one that works. I don't want to take the ship for nothing, I just want to be able to claim and demolish to get them out of the way. I don't even need to get the resources from them. I understand in PvP you can claim them by using a claim flag but it is different in PvE.... We need to be able to do something to get rid of them and 3 weeks is too long for them to go poof! If people aren't playing for 3 weeks then they probably aren't that serious.

• Like 3

Agree! it's so annoying when you're sailing and get to the beach and a lot of raft and ships staying there without purpose, ships that a lot of inactive players left and you can't do anything, as you said, i don't care about to take them for me or their resources, i build my own ships and don't want to stole anything, just clean the beach from those abandoned ships. Besides, is hard for the game to load those useless ships.

Hope Dev's introduce a faster decaying time for abandoned ships, like the same 4 days for foundations and buildings in lawless zones.

Edited by JotaCe
  • Like 1

Golden Age ruins are the worst, the whole server is lagging, cause of 10000 abadoned ships constantly rendering and all beaches are blocked. IT's really annoying to set foot on golden age ruins.

• Like 1

yeah im waiting for them to either wipe the ships no one been using for 2-3 weeks , or the decay must speed up the longer they are not used, sailed to a place yesterday and i could barely get anchored around a huge island , so go explore at times is more about finding a spot for your ship 😛

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Mahakmar said:

yeah im waiting for them to either wipe the ships no one been using for 2-3 weeks , or the decay must speed up the longer they are not used, sailed to a place yesterday and i could barely get anchored around a huge island , so go explore at times is more about finding a spot for your ship 😛

Yes, there will always be a place, is annoying go around the island to find a spot, but thats not the real problem. Game loading those useless objects and ships occuping places where you want to build a shipyard are the real problem. We need a faster decay on abandoned ships or let us to demolish them like we do on inactive players structures.

• Like 1

I know the last fix goofed and deleted a bunch of active ships, even ships people were using as the patch hit. We haven't gotten any update since.

I wonder if something like a one time forcing the anchor up on all ships would be possible. People who log in regularly would be able to re-drop anchor, but the ships of those who don't would decay within a few days.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MeatSammich said:

I know the last fix goofed and deleted a bunch of active ships, even ships people were using as the patch hit. We haven't gotten any update since.

I wonder if something like a one time forcing the anchor up on all ships would be possible. People who log in regularly would be able to re-drop anchor, but the ships of those who don't would decay within a few days.

Not a bad idea in concept but it has one fatal flaw I hate to point out. If it takes my 6 hours to log in after they implement it, then by there set up someone can have all my boats sunk even though I am a daily player and except for the Golden ruins sloop use all mine frequently

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Brantley Driftwood said:

Can there not be a claim timer implemented on these things? Well at least one that works. I don't want to take the ship for nothing, I just want to be able to claim and demolish to get them out of the way. I don't even need to get the resources from them. I understand in PvP you can claim them by using a claim flag but it is different in PvE.... We need to be able to do something to get rid of them and 3 weeks is too long for them to go poof! If people aren't playing for 3 weeks then they probably aren't that serious.

LOL They have a system for clearing them...but that's not good enough for you.

You ever think that maybe all those "abandoned" boats are people looking for land to claim...and they are working several different boats in hope of finding land to claim. I know I'm in that group. I'm actively playing but have no land of my own because I have not found land to claim yet. I have 5 sloops scattered about the map that probably appear to be abandoned...but they aren't. I just occasionally check them...sometimes sail them around looking at claims to try to find something.

If they fix the claim spamming I would imagine the number of "abandoned" boats will dramatically decrease.

19 minutes ago, ThunderGod97 said:

You ever think that maybe all those "abandoned" boats are people looking for land to claim...and they are working several different boats in hope of finding land to claim. I know I'm in that group. I'm actively playing but have no land of my own because I have not found land to claim yet. I have 5 sloops scattered about the map that probably appear to be abandoned...but they aren't. I just occasionally check them...sometimes sail them around looking at claims to try to find something.

If they fix the claim spamming I would imagine the number of "abandoned" boats will dramatically decrease.

I'll admit there's a possibility that some of them are people looking for land, but,  just surrounding my section of land are 3 dinghys, 4 of 7 rafts without beds, 2 of 5 sloops without beds, and 2 schooners from the people who owned the land over a month (and 3 owners ago) probably don't fall into that category.  None of these boats have moved since before I claimed the land over 3 weeks ago now.

2 of the other sloops that still have beds, are ones that were claimed by other people, but have the bug where the ship is owned by one company, but everything on them is owned by the original company, so they're not moving anytime soon.

Edited by MeatSammich
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, MeatSammich said:

I'll admit there's a possibility that some of them are people looking for land, but,  3 dinghys, 4 of 7 rafts without beds, 2 of 5 sloops without beds, and 2 schooners from the people who owned the land over a month (and 3 owners ago) probably don't fall into that category. 

2 of the other sloops that still have beds, are ones that were claimed by other people, but have the bug where the ship is owned by one company, but everything on them is owned by the original company, so they're not moving anytime soon.

Yeah there are definitely some issues with boat ownership like that. I'll give you that.

35 minutes ago, ThunderGod97 said:

Well, you're an active player. We're talking about people that isn't more active and left all those ships and rafts abandoned, as same for the foundation or structures, Dev's should incorporate a kind of timer to decay/demolish those ships.

We already know that a lot of people park their ships searching for a place and let the bed-ship near to the beach to respawn but we can deal with that, are those inactive players that left their ships parked and we can do anything with that.

Edited by JotaCe
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MeatSammich said:

I'll admit there's a possibility that some of them are people looking for land, but,  just surrounding my section of land are 3 dinghys, 4 of 7 rafts without beds, 2 of 5 sloops without beds, and 2 schooners from the people who owned the land over a month (and 3 owners ago) probably don't fall into that category.  None of these boats have moved since before I claimed the land over 3 weeks ago now.

So technically the boat is owned by you now, but you just can't demolish it or even sail it. You can, however, still board it... as can a hoard of your own tamed creatures. Use that information however you will.

2 hours ago, UnearthlyStar said:

So technically the boat is owned by you now, but you just can't demolish it or even sail it. You can, however, still board it... as can a hoard of your own tamed creatures. Use that information however you will.

If i would have been the one who claimed it, that would be an amazing plan. The problem is that it is Company A's ship, who owned the land originally over a  month ago. Company B took over the land and claimed the ship some time about a month ago then quit playing shortly after. I took over the land when it was claimable, about 3 weeks ago, but was never able to claim the ship, it just sits there.

I do have some neighbors who do have some ships that are the claimed/not usable, so I'll suggest playing a fun game of How Many Elephants Can I Fit On A Sloop to him, tho.

4 hours ago, ThunderGod97 said:

No actually it is not good enough, If there were ever any activity at these boats I wouldn't have brought up the issue but there isn't any activity at all. I have randomly asked in chat numerous times with no response. I have actively watched over all of these boats, rafts, etc. and none of them have moved in the slightest. Including the schooners that I watched the people build. Each one of these people have either built a small structure and then when I demolish it after their timer is up, imagine that, they were still laying in there (before update where body stayed) and hadn't logged in. I would say that these boats are abandoned..... These are all in lawless as well not in a claimable area. I am more than generous to newcomers and people passing through, offering them whatever I have they might be able to use. So yes, these boats are abandoned..... I have been in the area I am at since about day 4 of the game, slowly gathering and building my galleon, I know almost everyone that has settled on the island I am at.