Hattrix

Open land?

So ... are there any open islands to stake a claim to?

I'm sure there are open plots in the extremely cold arctic islands in the North or South .. you know the ones that are virtually impossible to live on. But I'm not talking about there, I mean land that is temperate or tropical.

• Confused 1

No land, only if you want to join a mega tribe and either become a slave or pay tax to them.

Game was ruined from launch with the stupid land claim mechanics, now all we see is mega companies just spamming flags everywhere over land they don't even use so they can be on top of the leader board.

Game has turned into Farmville with flags.

• Like 1

Try the trading forums, some people advertising selling claims there. Be careful you don't get scammed though. But most prime territory will definetly be taken now

People sell and rent claims all the time.

If you don't want that depending on which server you play there's at least a bit of untouched land to squeeze a flag into.
I sailed around for like.... 12 hours the other night and nabbed land in tropical, tundra, and equator

2 hours ago, Hattrix said:

So ... are there any open islands to stake a claim to?

I'm sure there are open plots in the extremely cold arctic islands in the North or South .. you know the ones that are virtually impossible to live on. But I'm not talking about there, I mean land that is temperate or tropical.

Ah, you mean those nice cushy little tropical islands where they give you free beach towels, sunglasses and umbrella's in your mai tai?  The ones that you expect when you're born with a silver spoon up your ass?  Those islands with a hundred shipyards packed around them to the point you can't land a ship?  Those islands with people jammed so tight together than nothing spawns and you can't piss out your back door without pissing on someone's house?  You mean those islands that are so crowded that you have to tolerate 10 minutes of lag every time you sail into your port because of all the crap scattered along the beach?  Yea, I'm sure you can find one if you look hard enough.

Yea, you won't wanna live in the tundra. It's not nearly that luxurious.

P.S. Grab me a robe from the hotel. mkay?

• Haha 4

My mega company currently has a special deal going on for the most discerning of pirates. If you have have the right coupon we can set you up in one of our pristine snow islands with a very affordable tax package. Our rates are highly competitive and you'll feel right at home in our little Siberia.

Edited by Bullet Force
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Greetings from the Tundra and Polar regions. I can assure that there is space up/down here and it is far from impossible.  

2 hours ago, Nari said:

Greetings from the Tundra and Polar regions. I can assure that there is space up/down here and it is far from impossible.  

His impossible=your interesting and fun challenge would be my guess.

17 minutes ago, Puppies4ever said:

Just ask friendly for a claim?

Sure my friends give me land irl all the time, so why not in a game? Just the other day I asked my buddy if he had a spare couple hundred acres I could build a shopping mall upon. You know, just something small he’s not using and wouldn’t miss.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Dreadmill said:

One of the fun things I like about the game is that I'm able to be way more generous than I can be irl. Since all this disappears as soon as they turn it off...clutch the pearls diehards...I give land, gold, resources out all the time. It always seems to enhance the game experience for me.

What an absolutely wonderful approach! I'd be willing to bet that contrary to many here when you log off you're actually in a better mood than when you logged in, and the only difference between you and others is your mentality. It's all monopoly money folks. There is plenty of greed to go around irl, why not be generous for a change? When I was a child the joy of Christmas was all the gifts I received. Now as an adult the joy of Christmas is finding the perfect gift for those I care about. Off topic rl pro tip: If you're giving gift cards for christmas imo you're mostly doing it wrong. Just my two doubloons.

The thing we most often forget it seems is that these are games and the point of games is to have fun. If your heart is so cold that your definition of having fun doesn't include making someone else happy in game, I truly feel sorry for you.

Also anyone with a Gomez Adams avatar is going to be fun. That's just a fact.

Edited by boomervoncannon
  • Like 1

We have neutral territory in H11 thats always open to people. Hell, we are technically recruiting also, so thats always an option. But it is a desert...so there is that.

• Like 1

I am looking for land, but it cannot be cold where I have to wear fur.

I am looking for land, but it needs to be on the beach.

I am looking for land, but I need it to have metal nodes on it.

I am looking for land, but there cannot be anything in the area that can kill me.

Why oh why is there no land 😞

4 minutes ago, Linix Blue said:

We have neutral territory in H11 thats always open to people. Hell, we are technically recruiting also, so thats always an option. But it is a desert...so there is that.

But that means tons of lions to tame? 🙂

• Like 1