Skody

Foundation Spam in Lawless.. wow

I've been fairly lucky to have a couple of land claims in one of the desert regions.

Most of the lawless regions near me seem OK. There is some spam but generally there is space to build. So I was always a bit clueless when reading reports about foundation spam in lawless. 

Then I came across 'Shrewdale Island' in i9  NA PVE. Holy balls. Someone has covered every square inch of the island in foundations denying building possibilities to anyone else.  The only legit things built on the island that I could see are a couple generic box buildings. 

Obviously this is way over the top. The developers could implement an algorithm that discourages foundations spam. You should probably only be allowed a certain limit of foundations that aren't attached to a larger structure. 

-Damn

atlas_i9_lol_02.jpg

atlas_i9_lol_03.jpg

atlas_i9_lol_04.jpg

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

Should be banned for doing that.

I mean I have put posts down to map out a small area but that is just over the top.

I only put posts down to stop the trolls building something stupid up close to me. There is no reason to take a whole island in that way.

• Thanks 3

Our company had to block off a little area for us like this because someone else was building a giant wall around a very large portion of the island. Even to the point of blocking people in the walled area that had already built there. I wish there was something claimable left for our little 3 man company, because I hate how junky it looks with all the floor boards around 😢

• Thanks 1

On most lawless is the problem, but yesterday we came to A5 (the biggest of the islands there) , i was overwhelming from this breathtaking beautful Npc buildings, i explore a small farmhouse, a watermill near a small sea with beautiful cascades around, a little house in the montains and that really beautyful city near a giant statue. Awesome, really (hope the developpers expand the building system 🙂

And everywhere other players has built the ugly  foundations. 

For new players there is no possibility to built a shipyard, because of foundation and the big doorway-walls, you can't make a small fire. We came to a bay, somebody blocked the whole area, because he wants to make a town for beginners, who wants something like that? I think there's not enough land for players to claim, especially if they are new ingame and there's is to much land claimed by people, who doesn't play anymore. 

But this foundation spam and doorway surroundings should be changed

• Like 1

The last time that happened to me in ark, I took a screenshot of it with all the location info and tribe info and within 12 hours a GM logged in and deleted every structure owned by that tribe.

I'm not sure if they will do the same in Atlas, but it is worth a shot.

That kind of behavior should be penalized, banned or something else.

I mean, it's ok to put some foundations around your base, like me, i build a base 6x6 or 8x8 and put like 6 or 8 foundations around to delimit and avoid other players to build near me and block me, but thats all... that toxic player placing that amount of foundations should be sent to a federal court.

Been like that since day 1.  Since it provides a level of protection people do it. They dont care that it removes spawns. Lawless needs to be buildings die completely after 3 days. Not that they can be repaired.  

• Like 1

I think that if they want to keep foundations like that in Lawless they should have to visit each and every one of those daily. Even the trolliest of trolls would get bored of that pretty damn quick. 

29 minutes ago, Warspectre said:

I think that if they want to keep foundations like that in Lawless they should have to visit each and every one of those daily. Even the trolliest of trolls would get bored of that pretty damn quick. 

Set view distance high and have a bed on one end of the island. Fast travel and run to the other end and die. If they are only trolling a few islands, thats no big deal to refresh once a day, just to piss people off. Foundations with less than 3 structures attached to it should decay in 4 hours. A foundation and two pillars would still not be expensive enough. A foundation, a wall and two pillars... thats pushing it and would be work. They have done similar coding in ark, where a single foundation decays very fast.

49 minutes ago, Bryan said:

Set view distance high and have a bed on one end of the island. Fast travel and run to the other end and die. If they are only trolling a few islands, thats no big deal to refresh once a day, just to piss people off. Foundations with less than 3 structures attached to it should decay in 4 hours. A foundation and two pillars would still not be expensive enough. A foundation, a wall and two pillars... thats pushing it and would be work. They have done similar coding in ark, where a single foundation decays very fast.

Maybe, I guess you can't underestimate their dedication to being an ***hole. I just think it would be funny to make them really have to work for it if they want to keep it up. But the single foundation rapid decay thing sounds like it could work here too. 

I put in a suggestion around this, upvotes might help

The suggestion is designed so that single-use taming pens will also expire in a day, those things... pile up

Edited by Archsenex

13 minutes ago, Archsenex said:

I put in a suggestion around this, upvotes might help

The suggestion is designed so that single-use taming pens will also expire in a day, those things... pile up

would make thing even worst actually, want to fix that, fix the claim land, ppl have too many claim who are unused and prevent ppl to build,  dont say rent or anything it just the best way to lost everything, lawless 60 grid, claim 150+, and more tribe in lawless than the rest of the world, here the problem

Stuff like this is what helps towards bad reviews...In today's world with these millinals.....reviews matter. Like seriously how hard is it for a fkn admin to log in and delete all owned by that person. Its clearly adding to the bad reviews. Times have changed where older gamers like myself dont really care about reviews. But this younger generation will destroy a game with so much hate and anger on social media that your game will be destroyed even before launch. Take some time and go clean up the trash on your servers......

It's no surprise that foundation spam is out of control...hell land claims are out of control, of course foundation spam would be just as bad. Honestly, the land claim system is no better than the foundation spam system, in fact, it's worse because you can actually rent out plots of land. All the control is in the landlords...and it's absolute shit the way they have implemented it. For PVP it may be fine, but for PVE it is shit.

I have a small plot of land in lawless. I found my chunk and kept an eye out for demoable stuff. I expanded only where I planned to expand to. Now that I have some claims elsewhere I've contracted what I have claimed in lawless. I have plans to eventually disappear completely from lawless, but have to work on moving what resources I have there to my land claim. The moment any space pops up there are a couple of pieces of cancer on the island I'm on that foundation spam the hell out of the area...even though it's no where near where they are building. They claim just to claim and prevent others from claiming. Completely eliminating the land that is supposed to be for those who can't find any claimable land. The new user experience in this game is absolute shit.

Grapeshot and Instinct...just shaking my head. You can do better than these two shit systems.

I play on both official and unofficial. I'm helping build a new larger map for an unofficial server I play on. I still play on official because of the promise of exploration it holds...it just can't really be matched by any unofficial. I play on official hoping that some day they will get off their asses and actually implement a system that reigns in the bullshit land claim and foundation spam.

Edited by ThunderGod97

I reported this as well but have not heard anything  back yet. Mine are the boxy looking buildings :-).  I initially had a little more here but made a mistake with a company and stuff got demolished before the GM helped me correct it.

Just noticed my post above 🙂

Edited by The Avatar DC

this is happening all over...75% of islands enclosed in beast gates, massive base contructions - 20-30 second render times to dock.  Lawless shouldnt allow building at all.  Just turn them into normal zones for that matter.  its like a horde of rats clinging to a piece of cheese.

12 minutes ago, peerpressure said:

this is happening all over...75% of islands enclosed in beast gates, massive base contructions - 20-30 second render times to dock.  Lawless shouldnt allow building at all.  Just turn them into normal zones for that matter.  its like a horde of rats clinging to a piece of cheese.

lol and where ppl build then? more ppl in lawless than claim... look at the heatmap... most of ppl who complaint about foundation spread are ppl from claim... you have claim tax and 3 week yet you want more so greedy...

I never said i wanted more land to claim.  There are claims for sale in 90% of the zones i have visited.  At least 20 flags for sale, or rent in 08 alone.  Have you seen the infestation of lawless zones?  There is no control on the beast gate spam to encircle entire islands.  Massive structures that cause a 20-30 second render time just to dock? cmon....its out of control.  Especially with only 3-5 ppl in the entire zone online.  Just turn it into a normal zone if people are going to turn lawless zones as a land hoarders paradise.   it used to be nice to explore, gather a few mats, and maybe a couple tames. Cant even find all the discovery points with the beast gates..pathetic.

You people act as if you've never played ark before.. lol Just saying.. But keep in mind as others have pointed out lawless is kind of like a haven for those who can't find land. Wipe lawless and I promise you that player base will dip alot further than it already has.. Punishing the many for the deeds of the few has Never been a legit idea.. Though I realize these things happen.. The real solution like others have pointed out is fixing the land claim system.. Once they do that and other people can actually go out and find land then problem solved lawless will reduce in population.. But doing something drastic like wiping all lawless would be a terrible mistake until they fixed the flag claim system.. Once they fixed that then I could see a wipe to clear up the servers.. But since most of the games populations live on lawless for the most part wiping would just be a way to kill the game until other systems were fixed first. Most people in lawless are ok with the current situation and find ways to make due. I by no means am saying claiming an entire island in lawless is ok. But just like ark pillars and foundations will always be the norm for that type of land build claim system.. Just look at the many years it has been that way on ark.. A smart player protects their investment and when you build the area around you is an investment..

put a tax of gold for each claim flag the price you pay for protection maybe 100 gold per day of protection per flag

Edited by Mrbiggs

12 hours ago, peerpressure said:

You stop building on lawless and you'll see a very big drop in players and I'd be 1 of them.

We are on lawless because the claim system needs fixing and no land available. Nobody in their right mind is going to spend their free time running around every island on every grid right now.

I'm happy on lawless and so is many others, you take that away and you'll be playing a game with very little players left. 

On 2/11/2019 at 2:33 PM, Pax said:

Been like that since day 1.  Since it provides a level of protection people do it. They dont care that it removes spawns. Lawless needs to be buildings die completely after 3 days. Not that they can be repaired.  

I disagree that buildings have to decay in 3 days. Not everyone wants flag. Some players only want small corners in lawless land and is enough for them to do game exploration l. But it must be some certain game rules where players are sign on. If they brake rules when they can be banned or all items removed. They need to improve terms and conditions 

Edited by Robotukas

bottom line...the huge island grabbing lawless squaters are not going to pack up and move just to find other spots that could be out there...its past that point now.  Which makes having lawless islands pointless.  give em 1 week, and turn it into normal zone, or 1 week and wipe.  Enjoying lawless islands for what they were is over until it changes.  They have land out there now for sale..but "im not going to spend my free time sailing around looking for land"

ur all acting like children "ban him, ban this bla bla." and all your solutions are total idiotic. There is not one person with common sense. 

The actual problem is the low cost and health of structures as well of the the fact that owner ship exists. If u could take out each structure with 1 cannon ball, this wouldnt be an issue. Ownership needs to be removed. Cupboards like in Rust are a good solution. 

Besides, I see this is in the PVE section. U guys were not playing the game right anyways. So u shouldnt open ur mouth.

Edited by chukiki