Fae Killgrave

Foy lag?

I need some suggestions from some tech savvy peeps on how I can improve my lag situation....I ran at full speed last night, naked from my ship towards the cave, I never even made it into the cave, for the entire time the fountain was at d12. I watched people pass me, my husband would die I could hear him respawn while I was on shore and then he would lap me....needless to say he got the fountain I did not.

I tried to log in on his computer through steam, and couldn't access my character, I even had him try on my computer and he could only do it three times it was so laggy, he didn't make it to the cave for me either.... We deleted a bunch of stuff to try to make room on my memory, we cleared cache and cookies, we compressed files... I am at a total loss here...

My laptop is a high quality gaming laptop with hardly anything on it, if my system can't handle it, then there are tons more that won't be able to do it... Not only this problem but looking forwards, if I am this laggy for a Foy deathrun, how will I ever be able to participate in any endgame shenanigans on the ruins? 

Please help I am at a loss 😞 super duper discouraging... I read a post awhile back from a husband and wife couple who experienced the same issue, so she stopped playing after raising an army of pigs...totally discouraged she quit....don't make me raise an army of pigs 😢

If it is a laptop, there are probably a ton of drivers and apps loaded in the background that don't need to be. You said your husband was running just fine, but you were not? So it would either be an application of some kind eating up your resources, or a bad network cable/card. If wifi, maybe it is the corner of the room your laptop is in. My wife and I had a similar problem in WoW. Her computer was wifi in her little office space at the front of the house and my computer was wired. I ended up running a cable through the hallway for her 🙂

Thanks Bryan I will try that 🙂

bullet force I'm sure it didn't help, but my husband and others were flying past me, he said it looked like I was walking...lol

I once had a laptop that had a horrible touchpad driver. Windows recognized it without the driver, so I uninstalled the one that came with it and it was like a new computer. You would be amazed at little things like that eating up the majority of your system resources. My wife and the wifi issue though, I don't think I have ever brought such joy to my wife as that day. She could run around in WoW with no lag for a change. Looked like crap with the cable stretched through the hallway, but she was happy.... lol

Lol happy wife happy life 😄 he felt so bad when he got the fountain 😞 even when we go to a Freeport I'm all twitchy and stuff, it's super frustrating.  I'm gonna try to figure out how to kill any background programs next, see if that helps 🙂

I am not up on all the shortcuts nowadays, but we used to just run msconfig from start-run or command line and go through those tabs. On the services tab there is a Hide Windows Apps checkbox, so you dont kill an important one by accident. All the others can be killed with (knock on wood) no issues, as far as hurting windows. Everything on all of those tabs can be disabled, except the Windows Services (that you hid) and no lasting damage (in theory) should be done. They are just 3rd-party drivers and addons. Every computer I would "fix" I would first do that, then see what special mouse driver was needed if the mouse quit working. Stuff like that. You can always enable the background apps again, if you honestly need that AOL messenger app running constantly... *cough* lol

• Thanks 1

The first things I would look at is your video driver (make sure its the newest - update) & your connection (if not on a wire, run one). Then I'd start looking at your actual rig specs.

In the end you will still have lag at the FOY but you should not have any or much at the freeport, most of the time.

• Thanks 1