Tanchyon

Water Barrels on Ships

Placing water barrels on ships is currently not very feasible.   They weigh far too much when full for the amount of water they hold. 

Take water skins for instance.   They hold 100 water, enough to fill your water level to full, the equivalent of 1 litre.

Water jugs weigh just 5 and hold the equivalent of 2 litres. 

Water barrels weigh 500 full and hold the equivalent of 5 litres.

It just doesn't make sense.   Either water barrels need to hold a lot more water or the way water barrels measure the weight of water needs to change. 

Just a quality of life suggestion as I think that this might have been overlooked.  My company for one would like to utilize the aesthetic of water barrels on a ship, rather than the old "blue chest filled with water jugs".

Edited by Tanchyon
  • Thanks 3

P.S. The answer is NOT to make water jugs weigh 100 and Water Skins to Weigh 50.  Barrels... should be a lot lighter.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MasterFiren said:

Yeah we build chests with jars on our ships. U can fill the jars faster and it dont deplets.

On the rare occasions I bother with food and water for a sea voyage, that's what I do.

Water barrels are more a temporary thing for temporary bases then a permanent setup. You can put reservoirs on ship, hold 200 but only weight like 40.

3 minutes ago, gadefence said:

Water barrels are more a temporary thing for temporary bases then a permanent setup. You can put reservoirs on ship, hold 200 but only weight like 40.

And a stone res, On a ship is just immersion breaking. Cant build anything stone on ships, but can slap a stone res on it. And the res hold less than a barrel, Is made of heavier materials, and weighs less. Most likely not intended. If so, Not well planned out. 

26 minutes ago, gadefence said:

Stone reservoirs on ships are useless, you can't get the water out.  You can't build pipes on ships, and therefore can't build taps.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Archsenex said:

P.S. The answer is NOT to make water jugs weigh 100 and Water Skins to Weigh 50.  Barrels... should be a lot lighter.

Haha one of my company mates mentioned this to me when i said i was going to make a thread about it.  He was like "knowing wildcard they will probably make water jugs weigh 200 to fix the problem, DON'T SAY ANYTHING".

16 hours ago, gadefence said:

which makes sense from the perspective of you as a player making a gameplay decision based on efficiency, but is a total thematic fail from a development perspective. This definately needs changing.

• Like 1