Sign in to follow this  
Archsenex

Loot on whales makes no GD sense

So when I kill a ray, I get 50 fish oil.  Can farm up enough for a crafting session in nothing flat.

When I kill a whale, I get 5 blubber.  8 if I'm lucky.

Oh, and 1200 coins.  50-100 ships of the dammed worth of coins.

So... are the whales made of gold?  How do they float?  Theres definately not enough blubber in there.

Pretty sure they should just sit on the bottom of the ocean if they're made of pure gold. 

Up blubber.  One whale should be at least 200 or more.

Up sotd gold (seriously one whale should not be 50+ ships in gold) and other resources

• Like 1

I mean it's not that unusual for a bunch of valuables to be found in whales... right? They have big mouths and they probably accidentally eat things all the time! As for the blubber, that is certainly odd and we should get that looked at. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

I mean, I appreciate the joke that you turned your literal whales into figurative whales.

However SOTD loot is also.... meager.

With as much as gold weighs right now, the whale should be on the bottom, though.

Have you considered cutting the gold weight down to about 25% of where it is currently?

Edited by MeatSammich

1 hour ago, MeatSammich said:

With as much as gold weighs right now, the whale should be on the bottom, though.

Have you considered cutting the gold weight down to about 25% of where it is currently?

I would ask to lower it 20 times less as it is now : )

• Like 1

That would render whale hunting kind of pointless if they no longer drop alot of gold. Since you hunt SOTDs not for the gold, but for the BPs they drop and/or crew. Whales only drop gold. If gold is taken out of the equation there is nothing to motivate to hunt them except for the initial one that gives 50 discovery points.

In the north, we don't have much else.

On 2/10/2019 at 1:54 PM, Jatheish said:

I mean it's not that unusual for a bunch of valuables to be found in whales... right? They have big mouths and they probably accidentally eat things all the time! As for the blubber, that is certainly odd and we should get that looked at. 

Tiger sharks have been found to have rear fenders of cars in their stomachs, rubber tires...you name it.  Whales are not quite the same godless eating machines that Tiger sharks are, but sure, yeah, close enough I guess. The main thing is really this:

If Yahweh gives man free will in the book of Genesis but then makes Jonah spend a month in the belly of a whale when Jonah refuses to do Yahweh’s bidding, is free will really a thing, or just okay as long as Yahweh doesn’t want you todo something you don’t wanna do and then all bets are off?

Either way, I don’t wanna know what Jonah smelled like after that month.

31 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

Tiger sharks have been found to have rear fenders of cars in their stomachs, rubber tires...you name it.  Whales are not quite the same godless eating machines that Tiger sharks are, but sure, yeah, close enough I guess. The main thing is really this:

If Yahweh gives man free will in the book of Genesis but then makes Jonah spend a month in the belly of a whale when Jonah refuses to do Yahweh’s bidding, is free will really a thing, or just okay as long as Yahweh doesn’t want you todo something you don’t wanna do and then all bets are off?

Either way, I don’t wanna know what Jonah smelled like after that month.

So we all know the answer right.

God was stupid for not making jonah out of gold, then one of us would have saved him ASAP.

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, gadefence said:

So we all know the answer right.

God was stupid for not making jonah out of gold, then one of us would have saved him ASAP.

Verily I say unto you, this man is a prophet.