Sign in to follow this  
Iaxa DeVaux

Building question? Too close to enemy...inside my house

How does this work?

I found some land that opened on a lawless. I started a building at the waters edge. I put in the floor and the walls. I went to bed with plans of adding the roof (ceiling only, not extending out past the current structure) the next day. I wake up with a shipyard not 6ft from my wall and now I can't add a roof because it says I'm too close to an enemy foundation.

How some someone build so close to my building that I can't add upward on that building?

Cant give u an answer, but that sounds stupid to me. That shouldnt be possible.

Something that happened to me. I own land and set it to "Only company allowed to build". Yesterday, while i was on a trip, someone came and build a foundation and a bed on my claimed land. Uhm, how is that possible...

I am pretty sure the range is measured from the center of the object you are placing to the nearest part of the enemy model. A shipyard has a much large model foot print so the center point is a good distance from the nearest model of your your nearest foundation piece. thus it was allowed to be placed. But the center point of your roof tiles are now very close to the nearest model edge of the shipyard. this is of course being exploited to prevent others from building.

No offense, but in my case...how the fuck were this guys able to build a foundation and a bed on my claimed land. Hm. *smile*

My guess, another shitty programming.

https://imgur.com/a/YT8mD3o

Edit: screenshot coming in a sec.

Edited by Chett
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Chett said:

No offense, but in my case...how the fuck were this guys able to build a foundation and a bed on my claimed land. Hm. *smile*

My guess, another shitty programming.

Edit: screenshot coming in a sec.

"shitty programming" definitely can't disagree there.

• Like 1

If the flag was turned to allied, or allow others to build on the area then turned after a day to company only this is how it goes down.

Yes its programming loopholes.

Just throwing out a possible solution as to why. I did the same under allied, and it will restrict you.

If you relog, before the client loads data from the server completely it may be possible.