Sign in to follow this  
Infectious Blood

Crossfire not supported?

I have three AMD 580RX 8gb gpu's set up with crossfire.. the games only seems to be using one.. 

Anyone know why? I am currently playing on High mode on 4k and get 19fps..

Optimizations. The fact is they don't even have this optimized for a single card. SLI/Crossfire support is not insanely common on most games as it is.

2 hours ago, Infectious Blood said:

I have three AMD 580RX 8gb gpu's set up with crossfire.. the games only seems to be using one.. 

Dont wanna troll, but 19fps? I tried Atlas on my second system, to see the difference between 1070gtx and 1080gtx and even my 1070gtx gets 45 fps minimum and 60 on average. i know the game is bad optimized, but 19fps ?

Edited by Chett

6 hours ago, Infectious Blood said:

You act like your surprised that this game doesn't support it when you really shouldn't be. Few games support Crossfire or SLI and for good reason there are few customers that actually use such a setup and so the extra time coding for it is not worth it.

• Like 1

CrossFire isn't something we're actively restricting, but also it's not something we've plan to allocate resources to at this time. Lot more things to tackle which effect a larger number of players.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, Chett said:

Dont wanna troll, but 19fps? I tried Atlas on my second system, to see the difference between 1070gtx and 1080gtx and even my 1070gtx gets 45 fps minimum and 60 on average. i know the game is bad optimized, but 19fps ?

My 1080 only pushes about 20 to 25 on 4k.  Playable but just below where I want it.  I get solid 50+ on 1920x1080.  Were you testing at 4k?

3 minutes ago, Archsenex said:

My 1080 only pushes about 20 to 25 on 4k.  Playable but just below where I want it.  I get solid 50+ on 1920x1080.  Were you testing at 4k?

We've done some recent optimisations that should help 4k, but overall the game is pretty demanding and we need to make improvements across the board. We've got some things in testing at the moment thanks to some work directly with NVidia which should result in better GPU and CPU perf, hopefully, we'll be able to roll that out this month.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Jatheish said:

We've done some recent optimisations that should help 4k, but overall the game is pretty demanding and we need to make improvements across the board. We've got some things in testing at the moment thanks to some work directly with NVidia which should result in better GPU and CPU perf, hopefully, we'll be able to roll that out this month.

Just let me know when I can opt back Into the beta.  The game is gorgeous in 4k.

I see these streamers playing on low settings and I weep. 

Just now, Archsenex said:

Just let me know when I can opt back Into the beta.  The game is gorgeous in 4k.

I see these streamers playing on low settings and I weep. 

Those specific changes which were made on that beta branch have been incorporated into the live game, though it might be that we'll end up using the branch again for these additional changes, we'll have to see how dangerous they are 😛

• Confused 1

Just now, Jatheish said:

Those specific changes which were made on that beta branch have been incorporated into the live game, though it might be that we'll end up using the branch again for these additional changes, we'll have to see how dangerous they are 😛

Yeah, they helped but not enough.  I need 30 fps before I can make the switch.  You guys are close.

3 hours ago, Archsenex said:

Wqhd - 2560x1440.

5 hours ago, Jatheish said:

Any thoughts on adding pre-made structures to the game such as cannon towers and harbor walls? It would help a lot when it comes to loading large bases and rendering.

I just upgraded my cpu and it made a massive difference to performance. Dispite me using the same 1080 graphics card in both build. Seems like this game is very cpu heavy. 

12 hours ago, Smash said:

I just upgraded my cpu and it made a massive difference to performance. Dispite me using the same 1080 graphics card in both build. Seems like this game is very cpu heavy. 

It's generally hardware heavy.. if you have a low end CPU it will bottleneck your GPU.. so yeah upgrading your CPU removed that bottleneck. 

People say that crossfire/SLI are "uncommon" are not owners of multiple GPUS nor have any experience with them.  Many games that CAN take advantage of the cards do so with compatibility.  Many indie games or other games that are not graphics intensive do not support it and nor is there a need.  Also, Many early access games do not support SLI/Crossfire until the very end of the development process.

I am currently using a Ryzen 7 1800X a SSD and 32gb Ram.. with three MSI RX580 8gb cards.. Have asked my Wife if i can buy a Gigabyte GEFORCE RTX 2080 TI GAMING OC 11264MB GDDR6 PCI-EXPRESS Gpu... 

It's a lot of money to play a game... but i am a no lifer 🙂

Looking forward to the Optimization drivers JATHEISH x

SLI/Crossfire aka mGPU is a dead bugged technology and the user count is so incredible small.

Sell the 3 cards and get a proper card.

• Like 1

On 2/10/2019 at 7:13 PM, Jatheish said:

Iv just ordered a Gigabyte Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Gaming OC 11264MB GDDR6 PCI-Express Graphics Card.. cost em a fortune.. but hoping to play at 4k and get a decent FPS,