Skyroguen

They lowered the build limit on ships!

On 2/10/2019 at 1:56 PM, Jatheish said:

It's a reasonable suggestion. I think they should still be retractable + destroyable though, which may not make it possible. Will see what the techie and designer folks say.

I know this thread is a year old - but the topic remains valid (specially for those of us who were gone since before the reduction)

I have to ask the obvious ... why do you have Galleons in the game?
More specifically, why have so many decks on them when you literally Cannot build on all of them?

I get that you're running into issues with memory on instanced components on ships.. but the design you have opted to use is going to make that an issue no matter how you go about it.

Simplify!
Just make the Deck cost of Larges 4x as much and make it fill all of the decks at once, including the areas we fill in with ceilings now - and allow us to switch between several styles while it is still in construction mode.
That takes about 70 objects down to 1 and leaves about 99% of the existing builds untouched, because everyone just fills in the gaps leaving 1 to drop a roof-ladder into anyway.

And yes, ladders should be an option on masts.  Two switchable models, not one model you can add another ten rope ladders to for the same effect.

If the instancing is actually a problem, reducing the counts should have been a priority from the start, not something that gets shoved in late that severely cuts into the entire premise of the game.

thees guys who are or not are any more working on this game are fucking idiots and dosent give a shit what you think or the game needs.

On 2/10/2019 at 2:12 PM, Jatheish said:

We've build limits in place for 2 reasons. The primary reason is that boats are considered dynamic platforms and each structure piece that gets added to one, the more the boat costs the server from a performance point of view. Dynamic structures are pretty expensive in general, which is why we have to introduce limitations. The limitations should vary across the different boats. Galleons allow more structures than Sloops. The second reason is for balance, we do have to limit the amount folks can build on certain boats so they don't get too ridiculous. It's by design that you cannot build as freely on a Galleon compared to a Sloop. If you're suggesting that the limits are actually the same across the boats, we'll look into it. It could be the case that the Brig and Gall are quite similar, but there should be a pretty significant/noticeable difference between the Gall and the Sloop.

Isn't 250 for a galleon a bit low though? I understand the limits though... Some of these harbors make my rig feel like i'm playing Atlas on a Nintendo

*edit

Or is it not 250.. I don't see how it could be. Yeah nevermind.

Edited by SeroJ