Sign in to follow this  
Vangar

NOT a game for SOLO players

14 hours ago, Elokil said:

Firstly you need change your game in depth, why? because a pirate game where all player is pirate, is not pirate game because nobody is pirate in reality.

Pirate sink merchant ship

Pirate is pay by kingdom for destroy ship of other kingdom

Pirate haven't a big fleet, but pirate have a smaller crew.

Your game is at best a territory war, but not a pirate game, pirate game need a political aspect, in the pirate game the pve player (merchant, farmer etc) need a big pvp tribe for protect them, and big pvp tribe need a  pve player for farm or other.

And is not a only problem you have, your skill tree feature is a bullshit, your fight feature is boring, your world is poor, you announce a roleplay features in your game but in the empty world without pnj without story, is really difficult.

Your game as a potential but choose beetwen more survival aspect or more rpg feature 

tl:dr version

dear devs, 

your game is too much like what you envisioned and not enough like what I personally prefer. Change it to what I want or you will fail. Just to be sure you understand I’m serious, let me belittle your efforts and insult your product with profanity, because that is always very persuasive.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, boomervoncannon said:

In the same way that not every solo player is some anti social hermit who hates other people and lacks the social skills to thrive in groups, not every large company is some dictatorial monolith full of mindless sheep drones who do the bidding of a few powerful leaders. Some are simply large well run organizations of people who like playing games together. If you don’t like being pigeonholed as anti social for playing solo, then don’t pidgeonhole those who prefer large clans as sheep. It is nothing more than the same stereotype in reverse.

Nice, now go and build stuff that you have been told to build then after that you can follow people around and Barrr like a sheep.

9 minutes ago, sand man said:

Nice, now go and build stuff that you have been told to build then after that you can follow people around and Barrr like a sheep.

I don’t even belong to a large company and no one tells me what to do but thanks for making erroneous assumptions that demonstrate my point.  It is clear that you show disdain for anyone that doesn’t share your exact idea of how to play the game, even though your idea is at odds with the very nature of this game genre. Given that this is the case, why would any reasonable, fair minded person give much weight to what you to say here? 

19 hours ago, Jatheish said:

We'll be making some design changes over the months ahead to make the game more accessible for smaller groups and solo players, whilst still maintaining elements focused on large groups too. 

I don't see how it is possible.

I had I had 2 structures 5 layer thick walls on each.  A 2x3 shack and a raft enclosed.  Offline raided.  They blew through in 4 spots.   I made everything out of stone and that is a lot of resources for one  person (I could have made them 9 thick and the outcome wouldn't have changed because that is still less than what was gone through.)

What do you feel is adequate?  If you made some sort of rule for no company/solo players/small company that can be easily exploited via pin codes.

**PvP happens, knew what I was signing up for and gave it my decent shot multiple times (I wanted to see how solo would go.)  Need to make the game not feel like a waste of time and energy.  If you can accomplish that, you'll have a good game here.

19 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

and no one tells me what to do

Well you have to pay taxes if you are farming resources from another claim.

You literally have to.  There's no choice about it.  Soooooo...

You can make the conscious decision not to. 

1 hour ago, ptonfm said:

Well you have to pay taxes if you are farming resources from another claim.

You literally have to.  There's no choice about it.  Soooooo...

You can make the conscious decision not to. 

Not sure how this is in any way germaine to making blanket assumptions about large companies that don’t always apply. You only have to pay the taxes when farming on someone elses’s claim. This is true for any size company farming on another companies claim for resources they don’t have otherwise. My point is that sand man over generalizes in a way that is negative and inaccurate about large companies.