Sign in to follow this  
Vangar

NOT a game for SOLO players

1 minute ago, Skyroguen said:

And yet PvE is a part of the game. Maybe they should just close down the PvE servers, focus completely on PvP and lose about 2/3 of their remaining player base.

Actually that isnt a bad idea, most people left PVP servers to go to PVE or started on PVE servers because the offline raiding protection, is total trash. The "defenses" they have currently are wholly inadequate. If they did do it, maybe the could figure out how to fix that issue. That way they could focus on the problem and keep people around. Almost everyone that has left has left because of offline raiding, lag, or an exploit. Offline raiding is the primary reason people are leaving. It needs to be fixed. That way the PVEers would still be around on PVP servers, because they will have SOME piece of mind.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Evir said:

Actually that isnt a bad idea, most people left PVP servers to go to PVE or started on PVE servers because the offline raiding protection, is total trash. The "defenses" they have currently are wholly inadequate. If they did do it, maybe the could figure out how to fix that issue. That way they could focus on the problem and keep people around. Almost everyone that has left has left because of offline raiding, lag, or an exploit. Offline raiding is the primary reason people are leaving. It needs to be fixed. That way the PVEers would still be around on PVP servers, because they will have SOME piece of mind.

I prefer PvE, I love to RP. but I believe they should have started out with PvP only and then branched out to PvE once they got all the bugs worked out in PvP. 

And I agree, this is perhaps the best idea, But they won't do that. As much as I like PvE they should focus on balancing PvP first. Of course they won't close the PvE servers. And we will still get wierd updates like submarines and who knows what else.

Edited by Skyroguen

we are a little gang ( 5 player ) on EU-PVE and we have the chance to have a claim in no lawless area 2 shooner and 2 brigantine and we can play with the entier feature, just have some difficulty for the Golden age island and the real end game ( kraken ? ) 

if you like the game, dont Give up, i'm sure Dev will finish to ear us for let's us to have a chance to have a claim for solo and little compagny ! 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Nutcutt3r said:

Never heard anyone ever say it was for solo players. Just a few crying about it.

Not all of us like to follow others like little sheep !!, many of us like to lone wolf or play in small groups so we can do want we want to do and not be a slave and told what to do.

1 hour ago, Talono said:

PVE is no challenge while PVP is auto-lose-all-bases-and-ships-every-day.

PvE is often not that different in these regards.  😄  Crazy, isn't it!

You know what I've been thinking? 

We gathered for Kraken few days ago and did it all just through forum here and through message board at Steam.

No one in a game never knew it happening. But yet we had like more than 200 ppl joined the attempt. So... what if there would be an "instrument" in a game allowing players to gather groups and go to adventures?

Like it happens in others MMO games!

I DONT say anything PVP related. There must be a clans, guild, companies, rank-boards etc. I say about PVE aspect of a game. Play solo? Wanna go to powerstones? Join the big company heading there (they will glad to have extra gun right?) Or just gather 10 more solo players and go alltogether. There is hundreds solo or little companies players, who would be glad to do that.

The way I see it - you start event in some "LFG" menu. Choice the time and meeting point. Choice amount of players you need, and put there a ships and equipment requirement for quest. Then in a time every1 gather up and go. Simple.

Right now we just don't have an instrument in a game to do so. I wish there will be one someday.

15 hours ago, Evir said:

He did, literally the second line of the post. I completely understood the context of the post, you clearly didn't and now you are getting angry, cussing and telling me to go away, because I called you on your lack of ability to read. 
Before you say "I'm not angry" people do not type like you do when they are calm, rational adults. 

let me stop you right there, have you read the second paragraph? 
you know where he starts out with typing 

In PVE you can live on the water in tiny Sloop or in narrow and crowded piece of land in Lawless area.

so it is a generally thread where he talks about PVP And Pve;-) 

9 hours ago, Evir said:

Well when someone is talking about PVP...

+bla +bla +bla

Sorry for interrupting your short moment of fame, but the guy is talking about both:

This is not a game for a single player or even small gang of players

In PVP....

In PVE.....

So solo player if you are very, very patient you can try but the question is: will you have fun?. Probably not.

So, as PvE player, if i saw in any topic, those 3 letters joined, I'M IN !!! to participate, argue and debate. Or what? PvP players are the new Maduro of Atlas Forum? :skull:

• Like 1

We'll be making some design changes over the months ahead to make the game more accessible for smaller groups and solo players, whilst still maintaining elements focused on large groups too. 

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, sand man said:

Not all of us like to follow others like little sheep !!, many of us like to lone wolf or play in small groups so we can do want we want to do and not be a slave and told what to do.

Not all bigger groups are like that, just sayin'..  

Edited by iLL

I have thousands of hours solo in Ark/Conan Exiles. Joined up with a guild for the first time in about five years in Atlas. Having a lot more fun with that than I thought I would!

My advice: Just bite the bullet and join a small guild.

2 hours ago, Jatheish said:

We'll be making some design changes over the months ahead to make the game more accessible for smaller groups and solo players, whilst still maintaining elements focused on large groups too. 

Firstly you need change your game in depth, why? because a pirate game where all player is pirate, is not pirate game because nobody is pirate in reality.

Pirate sink merchant ship

Pirate is pay by kingdom for destroy ship of other kingdom

Pirate haven't a big fleet, but pirate have a smaller crew.

Your game is at best a territory war, but not a pirate game, pirate game need a political aspect, in the pirate game the pve player (merchant, farmer etc) need a big pvp tribe for protect them, and big pvp tribe need a  pve player for farm or other.

And is not a only problem you have, your skill tree feature is a bullshit, your fight feature is boring, your world is poor, you announce a roleplay features in your game but in the empty world without pnj without story, is really difficult.

Your game as a potential but choose beetwen more survival aspect or more rpg feature 

17 hours ago, Talono said:

a) climbing pick - oil jar - game over for your ship in the large stone gate garage

b) if i am too lazy to climb : One broadside, large stone gate down, byebye ship

You are wrong, solo players are not looking for easy ressources but defences that cause raiders thinking twice if they want to take the efforts to raid.

Doesnt really apply I was saying to build a bear pin inland, to keep the bear safe. Then you have the means to farm everything there, build a shipyard anywhere, but I was saying also to be very careful parking your ships, as people are always looking for easy resources. 

If you build some npc cannons, pickles and swivels where you park the boat, it MIGHT not get sunk if you set them up well. 

Keeping your ships afloat is definately the hardest part, but with the bear a fully done schooner is always less than an hour of farming where I'm at. 

11 hours ago, Jatheish said:

Well devs seem to be kind of politicians, sweet tongue full of proposals and then.... i dont receive the wall i voted for !😡

Since that announcement EVERY single patch was pro megatribe and against small groups\solo\casuals/ people with a life.

Edited by Talono

14 hours ago, Jatheish said:

well, at this point since the dev team waited so long to even acknowledge smaller groups exist (it seems) nearly every square inch of "good" land has been gobbled up by the top 20 guilds, the 10 that are not currently on the map, are nearly as large as the ones that are in the top 10, we can see that as they constantly fluctuate on and off the top 10 Basically the only land left not claimed are corners of icebergs and land no one cares about living on. with a few 10-30 active player groups taking up the rest, with a few tiny groups that may have a few claims spread out here and there.

Even though those large groups are not using the land, they have it and will defend it fiercely. Most of them have no interest in renting the land to people, because when they do rent the land, they are not allied to the people they are renting to, and their allies come by and attack the "renters". Most of the big groups are allied up, there are 3-4 major factions, and that is about it. Those factions come in and wipe entire tiles, assuming that if you are on the tile with an enemy mega company, than you are with them.

The entire system needs an overhaul. I really hope you start charging those mega corporations upkeep on every flag they have, sea and land, and make it hurt them a bit, like if you have over 100 flags, it costs you 100g per real life day, per flag. So those with 600+ land flags and thousands of sea flags go broke quick and need to start unclaiming land.
most of them have had massive population drops, and have had to constantly merge just to keep numbers up, every merge has increased their land and sea claims by a massive amount.

have smaller groups with less than 25 claim flags cost like 1-5 gold per claim flag, per day.

The only issue I can see is the collection of the gold, through in game means, the only thing I can think of would be ether a new building/asset, or the tax office. Make the first claim flag you have free, then after that you need to place that asset or tax office on that claim flag, then you can start paying after the first claim flag. Make the new building/asset cheap like wood, fiber, thatch, and available very early on if yo you go that route.

Edited by Evir

29 minutes ago, Evir said:

well, at this point since the dev team waited so long to even acknowledge smaller groups exist (it seems) nearly every square inch of "good" land has been gobbled up by the top 20 guilds, the 10 that are not currently on the map, are nearly as large as the ones that are in the top 10, we can see that as they constantly fluctuate on and off the top 10 Basically the only land left not claimed are corners of icebergs and land no one cares about living on. with a few 10-30 active player groups taking up the rest, with a few tiny groups that may have a few claims spread out here and there.

Even though those large groups are not using the land, they have it and will defend it fiercely. Most of them have no interest in renting the land to people, because when they do rent the land, they are not allied to the people they are renting to, and their allies come by and attack the "renters". Most of the big groups are allied up, there are 3-4 major factions, and that is about it. Those factions come in and wipe entire tiles, assuming that if you are on the tile with an enemy mega company, than you are with them.

The entire system needs an overhaul. I really hope you start charging those mega corporations upkeep on every flag they have, sea and land, and make it hurt them a bit, like if you have over 100 flags, it costs you 100g per real life day, per flag. So those with 600+ land flags and thousands of sea flags go broke quick and need to start unclaiming land.
most of them have had massive population drops, and have had to constantly merge just to keep numbers up, every merge has increased their land and sea claims by a massive amount.

have smaller groups with less than 25 claim flags cost like 1-5 gold per claim flag, per day.

The only issue I can see is the collection of the gold, through in game means, the only thing I can think of would be ether a new building/asset, or the tax office. Make the first claim flag you have free, then after that you need to place that asset or tax office on that claim flag, then you can start paying after the first claim flag. Make the new building/asset cheap like wood, fiber, thatch, and available very early on if yo you go that route.

I agree the land claim issue needs to be fixed etc. But this entire argument is towards game not being for solo players. So they change the claim system and now your 10 main company has a claim. Even with you guys online trying to defend you are going to get annihilated and wiped by one of these larger companies so what does that claim really do for you ??? Like everyone on here keeps trying to point out that this is a territory control game similar to EVE. What as a small or solo company trying to achieve ?? If its to own land why when it will just keep getting wiped. Everything they buff for solo / small companies will magnify it for large ones. This game can be played solo or with a small company but do not expect to do what the large companies are doing or demand that because it shouldn't be like that. 

15 hours ago, Jatheish said:

It would be really nice to hear some of these possible ideas mentioned. It might bring back hope for some of the people its been bothering when moral is extremely low. But for me I am more curious how this will in return not have a more negative effect against smaller companies, because what you buff and make easier for them makes things even easier for larger companies. some insight would be greatly appreciated. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, labatts said:

I agree the land claim issue needs to be fixed etc. But this entire argument is towards game not being for solo players. So they change the claim system and now your 10 main company has a claim. Even with you guys online trying to defend you are going to get annihilated and wiped by one of these larger companies so what does that claim really do for you ??? Like everyone on here keeps trying to point out that this is a territory control game similar to EVE. What as a small or solo company trying to achieve ?? If its to own land why when it will just keep getting wiped. Everything they buff for solo / small companies will magnify it for large ones. This game can be played solo or with a small company but do not expect to do what the large companies are doing or demand that because it shouldn't be like that. 

The land claim system will solve a lot of the problems, right now there is very little downside to claiming area, you can wipe out a group, then claim their buildings, now you have a free forward base to work out of, all you have to do is patch up a few holes that you put into the buildings. 
If you make the cost very high for them to expand once they have over a certain amount of territory, they may not actually claim the land and probably will completely ignore smaller groups focusing their efforts on groups where taking on that extra cost to claim land, will be worth it.
Then all you have to worry about is griefers and with a few tweaks to the current systems, they can solve that issue. Make puckle guns better in terms of damage and tracking/cheaper in terms of gold per hour for the NPCs so they actually provide a decent option for offline defense to deter the small 1-5 man groups trying to grief harbors. They can add an anti-personnel ammunition type to medium cannons that doesn't damage wood or stone, but has a good range.  Like fragmentation rounds.

Those 2 things alone, will seriously help smaller groups against offline griefers and reduce their fear of mega groups, (obviously unless they make them angry and they bring their weight down on them but that is to be expected)

If you want to start talking about base shields(magic) or invulnerability while offline, war flags where you have to specifically be at war to damage things, you start to lose me and many PVP players.

Edited by Evir

1 minute ago, Evir said:

The land claim system will solve a lot of the problems, right now there is very little downside to claiming area, you can wipe out a group, then claim their buildings, now you have a free forward base to work out of, all you have to do is patch up a few holes that you put into the buildings. 
If you make the cost very high for them to expand once they have over a certain amount of territory, they may not actually claim the land and probably will completely ignore smaller groups focusing their efforts on groups where taking on that extra cost to claim land, will be worth it.
Then all you have to worry about is griefers and with a few tweaks to the current systems, they can solve that issue. Make puckle guns better/cheaper so they actually provide a decent option for offline defense to deter the small 1-5 man groups trying to grief harbors. They can add an anti-personnel ammunition type to medium cannons that doesn't damage wood or stone, but has a good range.  Like fragmentation rounds.

Those 2 things alone, will seriously help smaller groups against offline griefers and reduce their fear of mega groups, (obviously unless they make them angry and they bring their weight down on them but that is to be expected)

If you want to start talking about base shields(magic) or invulnerability while offline, war flags where you have to specifically be at war to damage things, you start to lose me and many PVP players.

Hell no to the war decing. Puckle guns are actually pretty decent. I was messing with someones base not to long ago and died to them. The key is you have to have a bunch of them. Also you need cannons to have crossfire so 1 protects the others when it comes to defense. You said large companies going after other large companies and ignoring small ones when has that ever been the case lol. We both know people go for the weaker targets why because its almost a guaranteed win or in the attackers mind they believe so

1 minute ago, labatts said:

Hell no to the war decing. Puckle guns are actually pretty decent. I was messing with someones base not to long ago and died to them. The key is you have to have a bunch of them. Also you need cannons to have crossfire so 1 protects the others when it comes to defense. You said large companies going after other large companies and ignoring small ones when has that ever been the case lol. We both know people go for the weaker targets why because its almost a guaranteed win or in the attackers mind they believe so

But they will avoid claiming the land more than likely if the penalty is high enough at the upper end. Even if you are raided and lose everything, they probably wont foundation wipe you That is a huge time and resource cost for almost no gain, breaking a few walls, with a smash and grab, yea that is possible but a full on, take everything you own, not likely. 
While puckle guns are decent, they can be dodged and they do not do that much damage to armored players, it can take many shots to take someone down, and they can easily eat a few shots and use cover to avoid them, especially if you scout it and do not give up after the first try.

On top of that, it gets pretty expensive, especially for smaller companies to maintain 5-10 cannons per day. 200g a day just for 10 puckles, then add that to every other thing that costs gold, your ship crews, cannons for anti-ship defense, ect, you are looking at 500-1000g a day in maintenance just for a small group to protect a handful of ships effectively.

12 minutes ago, Evir said:

But they will avoid claiming the land more than likely if the penalty is high enough at the upper end. Even if you are raided and lose everything, they probably wont foundation wipe you That is a huge time and resource cost for almost no gain, breaking a few walls, with a smash and grab, yea that is possible but a full on, take everything you own, not likely. 
While puckle guns are decent, they can be dodged and they do not do that much damage to armored players, it can take many shots to take someone down, and they can easily eat a few shots and use cover to avoid them, especially if you scout it and do not give up after the first try.

On top of that, it gets pretty expensive, especially for smaller companies to maintain 5-10 cannons per day. 200g a day just for 10 puckles, then add that to every other thing that costs gold, your ship crews, cannons for anti-ship defense, ect, you are looking at 500-1000g a day in maintenance just for a small group to protect a handful of ships effectively.

Yes it does get expensive which hopefully they look into changing. So if your losing everything on claimed land whats the point, might as well just live in lawless area. I guess I am trying to understand the point as to why everyone wants to claim land but why there is really no difference. The devs need to make it so having a base in lawless the area around it that you'r foundations claim is bigger. And also to stop people from spamming foundations to have a rapid decay timer to all foundations that have no doors etc attached to them. 

14 minutes ago, labatts said:

Yes it does get expensive which hopefully they look into changing. So if your losing everything on claimed land whats the point, might as well just live in lawless area. I guess I am trying to understand the point as to why everyone wants to claim land but why there is really no difference. The devs need to make it so having a base in lawless the area around it that you'r foundations claim is bigger. And also to stop people from spamming foundations to have a rapid decay timer to all foundations that have no doors etc attached to them. 

lawless is more griefer prone, you can build literally right next to someone else, I think it is 5 foundations, if you really wanted to, you could wall someone in with stone gates. You can use barrel bombs on anything they have, you can put a cannon on a foundation anywhere, you can drop stone foundations everywhere around someone's base so they cant build anymore.

Where as claimed land, you cannot do any of that in the claim circle. You must declaim their land, to do that you have to kill every one inside the claimed land, including the offline people, then destroy all the beds inside so they cannot respawn inside the circle, then keep them from running back before the timer hits 0. You can make it very difficult for someone to claim your land right now, however most defenders give up and quit.

Edited by Evir

On 2/10/2019 at 5:55 AM, sand man said:

In the same way that not every solo player is some anti social hermit who hates other people and lacks the social skills to thrive in groups, not every large company is some dictatorial monolith full of mindless sheep drones who do the bidding of a few powerful leaders. Some are simply large well run organizations of people who like playing games together. If you don’t like being pigeonholed as anti social for playing solo, then don’t pidgeonhole those who prefer large clans as sheep. It is nothing more than the same stereotype in reverse.

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Evir said:

lawless is more griefer prone, you can build literally right next to someone else, I think it is 5 foundations, if you really wanted to, you could wall someone in with stone gates. You can use barrel bombs on anything they have, you can put a cannon on a foundation anywhere, you can drop stone foundations everywhere around someone's base so they cant build anymore.

Where as claimed land, you cannot do any of that in the claim circle. You must declaim their land, to do that you have to kill every one inside the claimed land, including the offline people, then destroy all the beds inside so they cannot respawn inside the circle, then keep them from running back before the timer hits 0. You can make it very difficult for someone to claim your land right now, however most defenders give up and quit.

Yes I understand people have more ways to hit you. But if the devs changed the barrels so you could not put them directly  next to base would fix that issue. Also give foundations a larger radius so you say 5 foundations but make it more like 15 away.  For the people that like to spam foundations give them a rapid decay timer make them disappear after 30 mins to an hour if they do not have doors on them etc. You cant do any of that on claimed land but still easy to just sail a bear over with a cannon wagon and blow into your base as it is right now so you dont even have to declaim their land. But then again if they added those fixes to lawless it would be pretty much the same as claimed land.