Tiger2243

Help with Powerstoneboss (bosses do not spawn)

Hey,

i am creating a 8x8 map for a community.
I ve done everything to get the powerstones to work. They re fine. On every pve island is dropping the right stone.
The quest is also workin, so i could change the dropped stone.

The only thing is: There are no bosses. I ve tested the powerstones with spawning the bosses on each island by command.

On every island is the  "IslandInstancaCustomData1,2" correct.
Also the Discoveries are correct "ManualName" "ExplorerNoteIndex"
And the images for the powerstones are shown correct on the map.

There re just no bosses ..
Maybe someone knows the issue and can help me 🙂

[EDIT] I ve read a post about pve islands on spawngrids. I ve moved them out now. Maybe this ll solve my problem.
[EDIT2] Problem is not solved 😞
[EDIT3] Problem solved with setting dinospawn to 1.0, it was <0.8 before

Edited by Tiger2243

not tested right now, waitin for communityy to upload the edited map.

No. The Problem is not solved. Alrdy tested

Edited by Tiger2243

On 2/9/2019 at 3:02 PM, Tiger2243 said:

Hey,

i am creating a 8x8 map for a community.
I ve done everything to get the powerstones to work. They re fine. On every pve island is dropping the right stone.
The quest is also workin, so i could change the dropped stone.

The only thing is: There are no bosses. I ve tested the powerstones with spawning the bosses on each island by command.

On every island is the  "IslandInstancaCustomData1,2" correct.
Also the Discoveries are correct "ManualName" "ExplorerNoteIndex"
And the images for the powerstones are shown correct on the map.

There re just no bosses ..
Maybe someone knows the issue and can help me 🙂

[EDIT] I ve read a post about pve islands on spawngrids. I ve moved them out now. Maybe this ll solve my problem.
[EDIT2] Problem is not solved 😞

If you've reduced the overall spawn weight of animals on your map(s,) it is a known issue that the bosses will not spawn on powerstone islands. Put spawn weight back to normal, restart server(s) and perform a dino wipe. You might need to do dino wipe a few times before seeing the bosses spawn.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Thela said:

If you've reduced the overall spawn weight of animals on your map(s,) it is a known issue that the bosses will not spawn on powerstone islands. Put spawn weight back to normal, restart server(s) and perform a dino wipe. You might need to do dino wipe a few times before seeing the bosses spawn.

Hello Thela, thx for this Information. Tonight the Servers ll be goin online, i ll change the spawnsettings and test it.

I ll check it and reply. Thx :)

I learned through trial and error while setting up my own, that the center maw, must be the only thing in that grid, else nothing will spawn on any of the islands in the same grid. Once I moved the CM to a empty grid, and updated the quest json, it works fine for me on all PVE islands so far. 

I've been experiencing a similar issue.  However in my case, 7 out of 8 PVE islands spawn bosses, 1 does not, no matter what configuration(s) I've tried.   

Over the past few weeks, I've set up numerous test environments with varying server/island/configuration/setting differences, all with the same result. (7 out of 8 PVE islands spawn bosses, 1 does not)  In every case, the outlying PVE island has been Mnt_R_CL_PVE

Over the coming weeks, I'll be rebuilding my 2x2 cluster from scratch and will also try experimenting with a 2x3.

More to follow.....

Edited by Stinky_Pete
Edited for grahmar and punctuation

Okay. My Problem is gone now.

@Stinky_Pete If u ve the problem just in one grid, check out if it is an homeservergrid. There will not spawn bosses.

Also the spawnrate of the animals/dinos should be higher then 0.8
This was our problem, we ve set them back to 1 and they spawned.

I dont ve checked all islands now, if the server is online i ll look out for MnT_R_CL_PVE

1 hour ago, Tiger2243 said:

Okay. My Problem is gone now.

@Stinky_Pete If u ve the problem just in one grid, check out if it is an homeservergrid. There will not spawn bosses.

Also the spawnrate of the animals/dinos should be higher then 0.8
This was our problem, we ve set them back to 1 and they spawned.

I dont ve checked all islands now, if the server is online i ll look out for MnT_R_CL_PVE

@Tiger2243 Thank you for responding.

The rogue Island in question (MnT_R_CL_PVE) isn't located on a homeserver.  

However, I'm wondering, when you adjusted your animals/dino spawn-rate, did you do it server/cluster wide (via ini files) or were your adjustments island specific? 

The reason I ask is; my PVE islands are all at the default spawn rate (1)

The above being the case, it's highly possible I've missed something relating to configuring server/cluster wide spawn rates in the ini files.  Any insights into this area are most welcome.