Sign in to follow this  
George Catcher

Damned world...

I will not be a first one who write it but...

...well maybe someone do really enjoying to explore damned world. I just wrote my track from border to closest island on I6... I had to avoid for like 15-20 ships of damned while I was sailing there. 

UOKrRlm.jpg

I understand that sailing must be a challenge somehow. That just to go through endless ocean is boring and it must not be easy and simple. But THIS ^^ situation is not fun either. SotD this like spoil the atmosphere of the game (they looks like some circus ship with clowns crew were damned... or maybe Xzibit pimped them). They do not serve any purpose just swimming in random circles. And we have like ocean filled with them. I mean - how many of them in each grid? 50? 100 maybe? I like to dive into the atmosphere of the game but in this case... I feel like we live in some kind of cursed world where thousands of sail-mans were doomed and forced to live they agony on neon ships - do useless random circles in the ocean...

I don't feel I enjoy to discover this kind of LORE.

• Like 3

Had something similar yesterday and rly was gettin pissed, cuz u cant even make a short bathroom run sometimes and this is annoying af!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jorm said:

Maybe Shoot them?

I would say this is a plan but... imagine you go from I2 to I8 and fight with 20 SotDs each grid. I3 if a freeport and I count start and finish grid as one. so that will bee five full grids. 100 SotDs in just a single voyage. Imagine how long it will be and how much resources you need for ammo and repairment before a trip?

Edited by George Catcher
  • Like 1

Yea shoot them is honestly the answer. Takes 20-30 Large cballs per ship, 4 large cannons on the stern and you can take them down in a few salvos. on my hauler/sotd brig I carry a few hundred large shots and just go to town on them. Have to repair occasionally if I take a few hits whilst pulling aggro but it's not bad. They are so slow you have to drop your ship to 50% speed usually to maintain them in shooting range whilst maintaining distance for their shots to splash in the water. This method works for 1-30. Can pickup some really good ship/cannon schematics off this as well as a tiny bit of gold and crew and occasionally a tiny bit of ammo for the ammunition box. Also a great way to get high level crew.

You can also do medium cannons, they allow easier aiming but I feel the large are more efficient both in weight and materials, downside is you have to line up the ship to shoot so placing them so the shots hit the same spot is a bit or trial and error but it sounds lovely when they all go off at the same time and hit the same general spot you are aiming.

• Like 1

This means that the persons in those grids don’t farm on SoTD. When we don’t do it for a week we see maybe 10 of them, if we do, we only see 2. 

• Like 1