Talono

18.6 - next full fail patch

- Dolphins chance to jump has been reduced to 20%.

Thanks devs ! You solved the most important issue of Atlas !

- Fixed crew on puckle gun taking damage from fire aoe buffs

This puckle defence never worked well, cant we get autoturrets and X-plants like in ARK ?

- When gunports are closed they now reduce their specific snapped-cannon weight by 60%, open-ports are default cannon

Well, you try to adress the front-shotgun-oneshot-everything issue, but this is not the solution.

- Large Cannons now do 30% less damage against Ship planks and Ship

Well, this makes large cannons pointless vs regular ones. I am not sure, but they did about 30% more damage than regulars before the patch ? So now they do the same ?

• Like 4

+1

You can't forget one important thing, for "most people" it is better to get 100 patches regarding dolphins than force this wannabe dev team to fix the real issues in the game. (which btw for those of you that don't know, it takes 1 minute to change the super important chance to jump, even a monkey with a keyboard can make that change happen).

People have been dropping out of the game because of broken gameplay/mechanics but the dev team instead of listen to the community and do some work on the important stuff just releases updates with shit like this.  

Best Regards, 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Talono said:

Well, this makes large cannons pointless vs regular ones.

Large cannons are mostly (ab)used because of their superior range. To the point where medium cannons are non-existant within the current meta. I don't think the nerf will even fix that, let alone make large cannons "pointless".

20 minutes ago, LaiTash said:

Large cannons are mostly (ab)used because of their superior range. To the point where medium cannons are non-existant within the current meta. I don't think the nerf will even fix that, let alone make large cannons "pointless".

You are right. In every aspect. What me bothers is, that these Devs didnt think all this thru, before they puked out the game. And people think, cuz of EA, its just a matter of balance. Its not. Some mechanics (not talking bout cannons) in this game need to be removed or completely redesigned. And i guess, they dont remove things, or redesign, cuz they would admit, that they did shitty decisions/development.

Edited by Chett
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Talono said:

- When gunports are closed they now reduce their specific snapped-cannon weight by 60%, open-ports are default cannon

Well, you try to adress the front-shotgun-oneshot-everything issue, but this is not the solution.

A Galleon with 52 Large gun-ports and 52 Medium Cannons (because Large Cannons won't work in Gun-ports) at 100 kg each. So 5200 kg reduced weight by 60% that's a reduction of 3120 kg. so if your are close to your max load with gun-ports closed, and you open the gun-ports you suddenly gain 3120 kg of weight. and the ship sinks from being overweight.

Yeah fun! seems better to not have your guns in gun-ports and avoid these surprises. Now if the weight reduction was applied regardless of weather the gun-ports were open or closed then it might make sense.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Pollapiedrix said:

They should focus in cheaters

That Sadly True, if you read all of last Patch it's only a lot of Counter again Cheaters and other style of Bad player... Dont blame dev, ok ok Dolphin is not a priority, but it's "easy" to fix they can just dont speak about this fix, but .... the one thing make me upset it's the True, actually because of a lot bastard player, Dev cannot work on bug and new feature, they only work on anwser to Cheaters. 

9 hours ago, Skyroguen said:

A Galleon with 52 Large gun-ports and 52 Medium Cannons (because Large Cannons won't work in Gun-ports) at 100 kg each. So 5200 kg reduced weight by 60% that's a reduction of 3120 kg. so if your are close to your max load with gun-ports closed, and you open the gun-ports you suddenly gain 3120 kg of weight. and the ship sinks from being overweight.

Yeah fun! seems better to not have your guns in gun-ports and avoid these surprises. Now if the weight reduction was applied regardless of weather the gun-ports were open or closed then it might make sense.

The same stupid math applies to weight sails. If they get destroyed for any reason you sink as well.

Technically you can "lose" around 10000 weight on a galleon, assuming you stay alive but open gunports and lose weight sails.

They need to learn to use debuffs and buffs instead of trying to make rocket science out of it and shooting themselves in the foot.

Open gunports should just reduce ship speed with say 10%. Weight sails should change the linear speed decrease graph of weight to speed ratio by applying a buff.

Edited by Shintai
  • Like 2

Was a pretty good patch really.. the gunport bit is a good move towards people creating ships using the gunports.. heavy cannon damage reduction is pretty good as well. 

On 2/10/2019 at 2:05 PM, Shintai said:

The same stupid math applies to weight sails. If they get destroyed for any reason you sink as well.

Technically you can "lose" around 10000 weight on a galleon, assuming you stay alive but open gunports and lose weight sails.

They need to learn to use debuffs and buffs instead of trying to make rocket science out of it and shooting themselves in the foot.

Open gunports should just reduce ship speed with say 10%. Weight sails should change the linear speed decrease graph of weight to speed ratio by applying a buff.

I do not understand the effort around the gunports. Why should that open or close change the weight of the ship? In my view, this is a completely useless function.

38 minutes ago, Tezcatlipoca said:

I do not understand the effort around the gunports. Why should that open or close change the weight of the ship? In my view, this is a completely useless function.

It reduces 60% in comparison of before the patch or only 10 points cause it was 50% reduction before the last patch?

I am not questioning the change. I'm more interested in the meaning of this design. Why should open gunports weigh more than closed ones? What is the meaning behind it? Or is that just stupid?

Why ? The point is that every patch makes the game worse.

That not toxic but realistic.