Sign in to follow this  
MeatSammich

Forum Cleanup

Is there any way to get a cleanup, particularly on the bug report forums, removing posts about stuff that is fixed, or people just not understanding mechanics?

As is, there's 253 pages of bug reports, and only 5 of those pages have any votes on them, with the majority of first few pages being things that have been fixed already. It's kinda hard to get any visibility and votes on any new topics with the way it stands.

Alternatively, change the bug report and feedback/suggestion subforums to be like the discussion forums, so that the most recently active posts are at the top of the forum, instead of making people sort through 250+ pages to upvote a post that applies to their issue/idea.

• Like 2

Yes this is what discourages me from making any bug reports, they get lost in all the crap.

I made one the other day about npc "fire at ships only" option does not work, they fire at everything but i got no votes, waste of time.

We need bugs like this fixed especially when people are bringing SOTD in on purpose.

I will no longer be making any future bug reports.

No point in making suggestions either. The minute you do, yours is cycled straight to the bottom of the list. And let's be honest, who starts by reading the last page of suggestions?

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Jean Lafitte said:

No point in making suggestions either. The minute you do, yours is cycled straight to the bottom of the list. And let's be honest, who starts by reading the last page of suggestions?

Yep very true. They need to change the default ordering to be like how the rest of the forum works - ordering by last post.

Edited by Bullet Force

If they would actually read that section it would be somewhat usefull to clean it up but they already buried hundreds of bug reports the moment they implemented the voting system cuz only those new threads who got some votes stay on top. The only one I've seen jat respond to was the PVE Ship sinking thing after it got patched where he said 2 weeks ago that it theoretically should be possible to fix it properly and not in the way they half fixed it now, or is it fixed that people still sink ships by hanging from the ladders or popcorning decks? It's a joke so we'll see how their "improved" support will handle things but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

I actually do browse down sometimes but there is a LOT of pages. There are a lot of repeated ideas on bug reports and suggestions. The Tags are player made which is good but it doesn't list tags other people made or generalized tags. The voting thing is cool but I agree it leaves super popular or sometimesĀ old stuff at the top or ideas that aren't being constantly looked at. I have seen some great ideas in there and tried posting some ideas but haven't had much replies probably due to the fact everyone just seems to use the general forums to try and accomplish the same goal. I honestly thing bugs should be directly reported for the most part via the bug tracker instead of a forum anyways and they can have some automation the back end to group up similar reports and make getting through all the reports a lot quicker and streamlined. Also keeps people from being able to see what bugs exist and exploiting them.

Ok, so I just noticed that on the bug report and feedback forums, you can sort by a bunch of different metrics, such as last update, or last reply (over the right hand column of numbers)

Not completely perfect, but at least its a way to see the most recent stuff and vote on it, if applicable, without having to skip through 250+ pages

3 hours ago, MeatSammich said:

Ok, so I just noticed that on the bug report and feedback forums, you can sort by a bunch of different metrics, such as last update, or last reply (over the right hand column of numbers)

Not completely perfect, but at least its a way to see the most recent stuff and vote on it, if applicable, without having to skip through 250+ pages

Right, but other than you, who does that?

4 hours ago, Jean Lafitte said:

Right, but other than you, who does that?

Considering that Ive been coming to the forums for a few weeks now, and just noticed it, probably not many people.