StarWhispers

Adding a premade bed onto the starter rafts / ramshackle boats.

I have helped many new players who were killed or died not knowing that they have to add a bed to their boat to respawn near their boat.. I kid you not.

I have seen so many brand new players rage quit within 30 minutes of buying the game. Many of them shouting and or writing profanities before they declare they are getting a refund for the game they just bought.

Some players do not react like this and just restart over again.

I have been able to help some brand new players by meeting them in the starter zone bringing them a bed to put on their raft / ramshackle boat (since they did not know), full sets of armor,  metal tools, and basic necessity items (i.e. water jar) since they literally just lost it all.

Having a quest to show brand new players how to place a bed on their boats or just having the starter raft / ramshackle boat come with a premade bed on it would help these brand new players a lot. This would also help the developers as people are far less likely to rage quit and get a refund.

• Like 2

Yes this probably wouldn't be a bad idea since the ramshackle sloop already comes with just about everything else. Adding a bed wouldn't make that much difference in terms of balance.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Bullet Force said:

Yes this probably wouldn't be a bad idea since the ramshackle sloop already comes with just about everything else. Adding a bed wouldn't make that much difference in terms of balance.

Thank you for your reply 👍

I figured most players who have experience with Ark or Atlas would add one anyways so having a premade bed just makes sense.

2 minutes ago, StarWhispers said:

Thank you for your reply 👍

I figured most players who have experience with Ark or Atlas would add one anyways so having a premade bed just makes sense.

Yep for ARK players its an automatic thing but I guess new players probably wouldn't think what happens they die.

I feel including it in the ram. Sloop build would be over powered. It's already stupidly simple to get the mats to make a boat, and making a bed is simple too. Yes, a message would help new players, but don't hand feed them.

6 minutes ago, CamsterAu said:

I feel including it in the ram. Sloop build would be over powered. It's already stupidly simple to get the mats to make a boat, and making a bed is simple too. Yes, a message would help new players, but don't hand feed them.

this , we cant keep asking the devs to dumb the game down to the point it plays itself , there have already been too many casual crybaby nerfs any more and we just as well ask the devs to allow us to use bots to play it for us ....

players today just want easy mode games , id love to see how they would react playing games like jet set willy , manic miner etc 3 lifes start agian 

1 minute ago, Samstag Freitagsson said:

They simply schould add some tips and a short guide.

again lets just tell everyone how to play the game , instead of letting player actually , u know use their brains and figure things out , chat in global asking questions etc , too many casual player so quick to rage quit if they dont get instant gratification  

• Like 1

Just give em clothes because they rage quit freezing to death. Or maybe weapons because they die punching trees.

Oh yeah and food because they are hungry too...

5 hours ago, CamsterAu said:

5 hours ago, UDO said:

this , we cant keep asking the devs to dumb the game down to the point it plays itself , there have already been too many casual crybaby nerfs any more and we just as well ask the devs to allow us to use bots to play it for us ....

players today just want easy mode games , id love to see how they would react playing games like jet set willy , manic miner etc 3 lifes start agian 

again lets just tell everyone how to play the game , instead of letting player actually , u know use their brains and figure things out , chat in global asking questions etc , too many casual player so quick to rage quit if they dont get instant gratification  

The problem is that both of you are established players. You know how the game works. For new players the short pop-ups that tell them things only last a tiny amount of time. This game is dying. I am sure they want new player. More money. This game is going to lose a lot of money if the brand new players constantly quit then get refunds because they have to start over, and over, and over because they do not understand the resurrection mechanics. If the tutorial is altered and they actually explain the resurrection mechanics better then I would leave it at that.

Edited by StarWhispers

4 hours ago, Samstag Freitagsson said:

They simply schould add some tips and a short guide.

They do give some tips, but they are so quickly given as pop-ups that show at the top of your screen as soon as you load in.

2 hours ago, Nutcutt3r said:

Just give em clothes because they rage quit freezing to death. Or maybe weapons because they die punching trees.

Oh yeah and food because they are hungry too...

I have in fact done this many of times, because I am in PVE so to have to restart 3 or 4 times because they do not understand the resurrection mechanics can cause a lot of stress and be no fun for new players.

5 hours ago, UDO said:

The thing is this is not just a little thing. Resurrection mechanics are a main part of any game. The tutorial is so brief and you are given hardly any time to actually read it. If this was anything else I would not even mention it. I have directed the new players to the wiki, or even youtube for most everything else. Like the vitamins, the aging, the difficulty of unlocking skills by unlocking other skills. I agree that these should be learned by either doing, trying to find the information in the game it self, or even going on to the platform site to learn about it.

Starting guide could probably be expanded on to actually what you need to set sail before you leave. I mean minimally a bed to spawn on but even then a little gear for wherever you land at isn't bad. I don't even know what it's like to start at this point in the game. Probably not terrible from a population standpoint but unclaimed land is a whole different thing. They really need to double or triple the landmass in the game. There would still be so much ocean to explore....

3 hours ago, StarWhispers said:

The problem is that both of you are established players. You know how the game works. For new players the short pop-ups that tell them things only last a tiny amount of time. This game is dying. I am sure they want new player. More money. This game is going to lose a lot of money if the brand new players constantly quit then get refunds because they have to start over, and over, and over because they do not understand the resurrection mechanics. If the tutorial is altered and they actually explain the resurrection mechanics better then I would leave it at that.

who were also new once and figured the game out , come on stop trying to make the game so casual that even a monkey can play it .....there has to be some sort of thinking / difficulty curve , ...im sorry but no i dont agree with giving new player anymore than they already do , they added sloop ffs as so many were moaning about raft ..