KevinNight

Anyone else having problems after the last patch

After last patch the ocean is gone. The graphic of things swimming and splashing like water but you can't see the ocean at all I tried to validate my steam files didn't work I tried going to different severs that didn't work. I uninstalled and reinstalled that didn't work the game is unplayable for me till it is fixed. If anyone has a clue on how to fix it step by step I am all ears

14 hours ago, KevinNight said:

After last patch the ocean is gone. The graphic of things swimming and splashing like water but you can't see the ocean at all I tried to validate my steam files didn't work I tried going to different severs that didn't work. I uninstalled and reinstalled that didn't work the game is unplayable for me till it is fixed. If anyone has a clue on how to fix it step by step I am all ears

Updated Graphic Card, Chipset and so ?

Did all that and still no ocean don't know what happen it makes me upset because what fun to play a pirate game with no water? I don't know what else to do and the devs haven't said anything so I don't even know they noticed my problem since there are so many going around. I know it early access and they are doing what they can but I like to play as well but can't till that graphic is fixed

Have you tried manually removing the configuration files and then allowing it to create new ones?

I think that some of the changes they made to not allow certain settings in the .ini files may be negatively affecting people.

Wish I knew how can't even go back to a previous version kind of stick with it. To add insult to injury to fresh water at the freeport are there and able to see just not the ocean

try resetting graphics in game to default save log out and log in.I read on a old thread this fixed the issue for someone else

Tried that didn't work as well I validated my steam files again and 1 file isn't going through now so that the problem. Just how to find it and fix it

I don't know if it is true but someone told me there was a way to remove water via a console command the same way you could remove fog. It seems a coincidence that they fixed this by disabling those commands in a recent patch and now you have no water.

As for the file tht won't validate, that may be your character file so it would normally not replace that one (as the game would forget where you were for the Rejoin option)