Sign in to follow this  
Adfax

Remove Cart + Swivel + NPC asap

I can't believe you actually did this .. Way to ruin all PVP in the game. 

Get a mount that pulls a cart, stick a swivel turret on it, put on an NPC.. You now have something that can oneshot aimbot you from 180 degrees at a sizable distance, that is basically impossible to kill due to insane defense and mobility and hp regen... Great game design guys.. Very smart... Jesus.

The massive list of reasons this breaks the game : 

1. NPCs are aimbot

Guys.. You can't have NPCs aiming better than players.. 100% accuracy every time, with a gun that kills in a SINGLE HIT through PLATE.....PLATE! Now all you've got is a bunch of fake PVPers riding around aimbotting everyone with their NPCs. So stupid. 

2. There is nothing to stop the cart moving

You've given us NO WAY to stop these carts moving. Are you stupid or something? You don't put something in the game with NO COUNTER.. You're basically forcing people to use this noskill anti-pvp method.. And it is anti-pvp because the NPC is doing all the killing.

3. NPCs have too much defense/hp.

I remember I was shooting an NPC in plate with a flintlock, and it did 6 damage... 6. Why is this so much higher than say...A player's defense?.. You can't have these near immortal gods mounted on these turrets, whilst also give them aimbot accuracy. It now removes sniping them off the back as an option. IF you can even hit them moving at that speed. You've basically provided NO real options to deal with this trash.. It is embarrassingly bad game design. To kill that NPC, i'd probably need to hit it with 15 flintlock shots... 15.. Meanwhile, it can insta-kill me from miles away with something that is supposed to be a shotgun spread.

4. They move too fast.

Have you tried shooting someone off a moving horse; I mean, this is your only option; and you're not going to be able kill them in one, because they'll be wearing plate.. So what is the problem here? You shoot at them, they have the mobility to just get in cover easily, assess the situation, and then charge out and use the aimbot.. All the while you're taking half an hour to reload.

5. NPC/tames regenerate like wolverine

Can't kill the mounts because they take too many hits, and regenerate health. Can't kill the aimbot NPC for pretty much the same reason. Your only viable option is to shoot the person off the mount; however that doesn't work either because of their mobility. There is no permanence to the damage you put on them, so you can't even whittle them down.. No. You can do NOTHING. 

6. Too much range.

Guys.. It ONE SHOT AIMBOTS. You can't have it hit for fking MILES. What are you thinking.. Literally, 180 degrees from the back of the cart is a deadzone for a significant distance.. It is just the most tactless tripe I've ever seen. Fakest PVP ever.

7. Too much damage

It one shots in full plate.. Need I say more?

8. Too much mobility

They can do everything whilst going at full speed.. You'd think moving at such a high speed you impact the accuracy of someone trying to aim.. But no, not the aimbot NPCs. This is just killing the game.. As if they didn't have enough stuff killing the game, you now have this..

===

In conclusion.. You can't hit them, even if you did you can't kill them, you can't defend against them; and you can't stop them. What you have here is something so broken, that the only counter is to use It yourself.. I ask : Where is the weakness?... Where is the counter?... It does EVERYTHING well. You've just added a complete noskill way to win pvp.. You don't even have to aim. 

Remove swivels from mounts until you figure something out. Or atleast don't let them move and fire at the same time. You outright gimped explosive barrels which were significantly MORE balanced than this trash.. I expect to see swift action for something this broken.. But I bet I never see it.

Edited by Adfax
  • Like 6

Hm. They’re not gonna remove it. If they’re gonna remove anything that is broken or needs balancing then I’m pretty sure only the ships will stay. 

Just gotta wait until they balance things out, but ofcourse you knew that in advance since you knew stuff like this was going to happen. 

Yep this needs to go and to be honest I am very surprised it has not been addressed already. This horse and swivel nonsense has been a thing now for several weeks and widely condemned on this forum and yet still somehow the devs are oblivious to it. 

It makes you wonder just what are the devs doing. Too busy adding pointless cosmetic crap no doubt.....

Edited by Bullet Force

You forgot the fact that the bear swipes themselves do a lot of damage and that they run faster than people do as if a cart goind over grass and rocks with loads of ammo and an npc on it wont slow it down.

woo are u saying some guys using taming and artillery skill to to own u ?

wow this hurts

really

I just think think this is funny and pointless since in another post I already point out the obvious anyone can use any game mechanic the same as the other guy as long as it's not hacked or glitching... So how is it unfair they're the ones smart enough too? Fight fire with fire I believe is the term.... Just my opinion

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, madmartigan said:

I just think think this is funny and pointless since in another post I already point out the obvious anyone can use any game mechanic the same as the other guy as long as it's not hacked or glitching... So how is it unfair they're the ones smart enough too? Fight fire with fire I believe is the term.... Just my opinion

You aren't allowed to use logic in here.. lol

• Like 1

4 hours ago, madmartigan said:

So the counter to something that is obviously broken to everyone that plays the game is to just have more of it then the opponent? That's some excellent logic right there.

Edited by Bullet Force

2 hours ago, Bullet Force said:

So the counter to something is obviously broken to everyone that plays the game is to just have more of it then the opponent? That's some excellent logic right there.

You can use it just as they can..  What's the problem?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, iLL said:

You can use it just as they can..  What's the problem?

Ok so using that logic we'll end up with a game where everyone uses one kind of melee weapon, one kind of ranged weapon, 1 ship type and so forth. Sounds like great fun..

1 minute ago, Bullet Force said:

Ok so using that logic we'll end up with a game where everyone uses one kind of melee weapon, one kind of ranged weapon, 1 ship type and so forth. Sounds like great fun..

It's already like that..  Are we playing the same game?

• Like 1

Just now, iLL said:

It's already like that..  Are we playing the same game?

Sadly it is indeed like that for some things but hopefully that will change in the near future. It's never a good thing in a game to reduce choice down to only one or two items because all the rest are worthless.

2 minutes ago, Bullet Force said:

Sadly it is indeed like that for some things but hopefully that will change in the near future. It's never a good thing in a game to reduce choice down to only one or two items because all the rest are worthless.

There's always a "meta" and I agree, I wish there was more options that were actually "worth it".  However, until that happens if you want to be on par with the rest you'll use what works best.

No need to remove it, just add a slow effect to any mount wearing a cargo saddle and maybe nerf the damage of a moving cart (to simulate inaccuracy) and you would have something thats still usefull without being OP

• Like 1

This is a PvP game. But not Player versus Player game as you might think. It's trully a Pet versus Pet game. And this PvP meta really sucks.

another chapter of pvp madness LOL. i laugh my ass off reading this. pve server ftw! (but a pvp zone would be nice)

Just now, TheCoolGuy said:

another chapter of pvp madness LOL. i laugh my ass off reading this. pve server ftw! (but a pvp zone would be nice)

another carebear

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, BlackFlint said:

another carebear

haha i play pvp server only on other games. try again loser

i knew pvp + atlas would be pure cancer so i went pve. not a carebear but just more intelligent than you. deal with it

12 minutes ago, TheCoolGuy said:

haha i play pvp server only on other games. try again loser

i knew pvp + atlas would be pure cancer so i went pve. not a carebear but just more intelligent than you. deal with it

Sorry but your own words betray you there champ.

2 hours ago, Zlax said:

No need to remove it, just add a slow effect to any mount wearing a cargo saddle and maybe nerf the damage of a moving cart (to simulate inaccuracy) and you would have something thats still usefull without being OP

Yep that is exactly what needs to happen. When towing something the animal should move significantly slow and while firing on the move the accuracy and more specifically the spread of the shotgun pellets should be increased. Also they need to address how fast these things can be healed. It needs to be a lot slower.

3 minutes ago, Bullet Force said:

Yep that is exactly what needs to happen. When towing something the animal should move significantly slow and while firing on the move the accuracy and more specifically the spread of the shotgun pellets should be increased. Also they need to address how fast these things can be healed. It needs to be a lot slower.

Maybe have a healing penalty for X amount of seconds after being in combat or something.

Edited by Zlax

2 minutes ago, Zlax said:

Maybe have a healing penalty for X amount of seconds after being in combat or something.

Yep that works in other games it should work fine here too. Anything to break the constant cycle of ride in like a scythe chariot, kill a bunch of people, take a bit of damage then ride back to base heal up and repeat.

• Like 1

Agree to that.

It's just ridicules how they can oneshot people with just ride into a group and repeat it again.

• Like 1