The island I live on once had a player count of over 85 every day. Then Chinese companies repeatedly rolled in and sunk ships while we got at most 5 hours of sleep. Most of them left for this reason. Today once again, a company rolls in and sinks EVERY ship on our island while we slept. Some companies are small, some have 20+ people in them. None of it matters when youre offline. We had two towers with 15 NPCS each in them. All with varying distances on range, the ships had cannons also manned, costing me almost 1k gold a day for defenses. None of it mattered. If you're going to allow people to offline raid your ships, then cut the cost on them by 60% so it doesnt take 4 hours smacking trees and fiber to gather the resources to replace them. This is why people are fed up.

The common answer, "Join a LARGE company".

Well from the many people within large companies, that spend hours smacking trees, only to have the box they drop the wood in Pin coded to admin, or any other number circumstances, no thank you. This game is labeled as an MMO but with now tiles that take 30 minutes to get across, featuring a population of 20 PEAK hours, its not so massive anymore.

The mechanic for offline raiding NEEDS to be fixed through either balancing, or some other way. Ive got 500 hours into this game at this point, and am just about ready to hang the towel.

1440378066_gameisdying-.thumb.jpg.5b59c2506b54dddbbfad676d91d22b48.jpg

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Congo said:

Well from the many people within large companies, that spend hours smacking trees, only to have the box they drop the wood in Pin coded to admin, or any other number circumstances, no thank you.

or spend ours helping them to be kicked because of a disagreement.  Congrats on your wasted time.

• Like 1

Most people I talk to quit because of the grind. They said their is too much to grind and not enough time to do it. Sailing 4 hours to grind and 4 hours back between safe harbors isn't fun, it's anti-fun. Freeports gaining basic supplies and removing special supplies was bad.

• Like 1

Another company in one of my alliances asked me and my wife to merge with them. They seem like great people but you never know. Say we merge, they turn out to have completely different goals than us, and we decide to part ways. With the new rules, my wife and I just gave all lands and titles over to them. I don't see joining another company as an option.

• Like 1

Removing the risk for people like Captain Scotch here seems like a good step forward.  As to Dimes response I think the addition of a player ran market will help alleviate that when v19 is released. 

I mentioned this in another thread.....maybe we should allow ships to re-enter a dock and dry dock again.  If people want to spent the time blasting every single panel off a ship let them expend the resources to do so.  Cost a ton more then breaking one panel and sailing away while the ship sinks.  Its not perfect, but takes more time and resources for the aggressor.  This should reduce drive-bys as many people won't bother and reduces the effectiveness of sloops with a single cannon sinking larger ships. 

1 minute ago, DocHolliday said:

Removing the risk for people like Captain Scotch here seems like a good step forward.  As to Dimes response I think the addition of a player ran market will help alleviate that when v19 is released.  

I mentioned this in another thread.....maybe we should allow ships to re-enter a dock and dry dock again.  If people want to spent the time blasting every single panel off a ship let them expend the resources to do so.  Cost a ton more then breaking one panel and sailing away while the ship sinks.  Its not perfect, but takes more time and resources for the aggressor.  This should reduce drive-bys as many people won't bother and reduces the effectiveness of sloops with a single cannon sinking larger ships.  

I don't know maybe. I just feel like at the end of the day, farming for 4 hours. to have a ship destroyed uncontested while the company is completely offline for the first time in 16 hours in less than a couple minutes is extremely broken. I can build an entire base quicker than one ship. Yet the time to demolish the former is much longer than the latter?!

Yeah, join a big company is always the answer people give...

We started as a 40 online company, after nightrided for several straight days we ended being 6...

We got nightrided again for 2 consecutive days...  No one online since then xD

Guess I need to move to another game or hope some "active at night company" lets me in lol 😄

PD: Copy pasta Conan Exiles PvP

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mkgego said:

Yeah, join a big company is always the answer people give...

We started as a 40 online company, after nightrided for several straight days we ended being 6...

We got nightrided again for 2 consecutive days...  No one online since then xD

Guess I need to move to another game or hope some "active at night company" lets me in lol 😄

PD: Copy pasta Conan Exiles PvP

Our island used to have ships all the way around. Its not that they moved. They literally don't play the game anymore. Its sad, because I love the game and the idea. But this off-lining bullshit has broken the game worse than the ping

If its dry docked it would take quite a bit of time and resources.  Sure they destroy it quicker then it takes you to build it, but they also have to spend the time to farm the resources needed to make the cannonballs. 

Its not perfect, but it does increase the time investment and resource investment needed to tear a ship down to its frame.  The option I see beyond this is a new structure that can be plopped down like a shipyard.  Ships sail to it and go inside.  Once all players are off the captain can "park it" or whatever term you want to use and it goes away thus allowing more ships.  Cap the garage space at something reasonable so it cannot hold infinite ships and provide some way to "unaprk a boat" for use.    Make the structure very very strong.  Stronger then anything else in the game so it would be a huge time/resource sink to destroy. 

I dunno what options are there?  I see complaints about this every day with few answers. 

1 minute ago, DocHolliday said:

If its dry docked it would take quite a bit of time and resources.  Sure they destroy it quicker then it takes you to build it, but they also have to spend the time to farm the resources needed to make the cannonballs. 

Its not perfect, but it does increase the time investment and resource investment needed to tear a ship down to its frame.  The option I see beyond this is a new structure that can be plopped down like a shipyard.  Ships sail to it and go inside.  Once all players are off the captain can "park it" or whatever term you want to use and it goes away thus allowing more ships.  Cap the garage space at something reasonable so it cannot hold infinite ships and provide some way to "unaprk a boat" for use.    Make the structure very very strong.  Stronger then anything else in the game so it would be a huge time/resource sink to destroy. 

I dunno what options are there?  I see complaints about this every day with few answers. 

If ships are considerably cheaper then it basically makes it moot. Why you have to mow down 400 trees for one ship is beyond me

Base raiding in the game is doing nothing but annoying a huge portion of the playerbase, and isn't really along the pirate theme.

Pirates rarely raided land strongholds, 99% of their activity was on the sea. The rare times they did raid, it was more along the lines of "Hey, village, pay us X amount of money, or else we're going to sodomize your entire town." If the town didn't pay the ransom, or get assistance from the allies, THEN they got destroyed.

PVP should be limited to open sea, with islands being safe zones. Company A should be able to make demands for tribute from Company B, and if those demands are not met within 24-48 hours, or if Company B opens fire on Company A, then Company A can commence the land attack.

As is, the majority of the time, people are just leveling bases for the hell of it, not for any gain. Most resources just get dropped to decay. This would give an actual reason for raiding - material gain. Yes, you'd still have companies demanding some ridiculous amount of tribute, because they just want to destroy, but it would give the extorted company 24-48 hours to get their defenses in order, and a set time of when the attack would commence.

It would get rid of offline raiding, and destruction just to destroy for the hell of it, make alliances actually count for something, and actually make PVP truly PVP instead of logging on to find out your stuff was levelled while you were offline, again.

Edited by MeatSammich
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Congo said:

The island I live on once had a player count of over 85 every day. Then Chinese companies repeatedly rolled in and sunk ships while we got at most 5 hours of sleep. Most of them left for this reason. Today once again, a company rolls in and sinks EVERY ship on our island while we slept. Some companies are small, some have 20+ people in them. None of it matters when youre offline. We had two towers with 15 NPCS each in them. All with varying distances on range, the ships had cannons also manned, costing me almost 1k gold a day for defenses. None of it mattered. If you're going to allow people to offline raid your ships, then cut the cost on them by 60% so it doesnt take 4 hours smacking trees and fiber to gather the resources to replace them. This is why people are fed up.

The common answer, "Join a LARGE company".

Well from the many people within large companies, that spend hours smacking trees, only to have the box they drop the wood in Pin coded to admin, or any other number circumstances, no thank you. This game is labeled as an MMO but with now tiles that take 30 minutes to get across, featuring a population of 20 PEAK hours, its not so massive anymore.

The mechanic for offline raiding NEEDS to be fixed through either balancing, or some other way. Ive got 500 hours into this game at this point, and am just about ready to hang the towel.

1440378066_gameisdying-.thumb.jpg.5b59c2506b54dddbbfad676d91d22b48.jpg

One day they will make a Pirate game, until then this is what we have.

The problems I am seeing with this game is : One, the off line raiding of smaller Clans (Companies) by mega-corps. for there streaming game ruining BS. is a non-starter for people to have reason to purchase this game into the future. Two, the rules for the mega Corps. and the little starter or non-land claiming groups has all but killed this game for a lot of players. Rules like you can make barrel bombs and float them next to a boat in non-claimable land to destroy ships but you can't do that in claimable land it won't let you place them. You can place a foundation anywhere on non-claimable land where the newer smaller clans live and place a motor and destroy all the docks and buildings, raid the buildings and popcorn all there work, and die not carrying anything. You can't do that because you can't place a foundation on claimable land.  The rules are different for streamer groups, I hope this is what you want..... This idea for a game was good, just the rules are bad...So this game is dead for new players which is sad.. 

3 hours ago, MeatSammich said:

Base raiding in the game is doing nothing but annoying a huge portion of the playerbase, and isn't really along the pirate theme.

Pirates rarely raided land strongholds, 99% of their activity was on the sea. The rare times they did raid, it was more along the lines of "Hey, village, pay us X amount of money, or else we're going to sodomize your entire town." If the town didn't pay the ransom, or get assistance from the allies, THEN they got destroyed.

PVP should be limited to open sea, with islands being safe zones. Company A should be able to make demands for tribute from Company B, and if those demands are not met within 24-48 hours, or if Company B opens fire on Company A, then Company A can commence the land attack. 

As is, the majority of the time, people are just leveling bases for the hell of it, not for any gain. Most resources just get dropped to decay. This would give an actual reason for raiding - material gain. Yes, you'd still have companies demanding some ridiculous amount of tribute, because they just want to destroy, but it would give the extorted company 24-48 hours to get their defenses in order, and a set time of when the attack would commence. 

It would get rid of offline raiding, and destruction just to destroy for the hell of it, make alliances actually count for something, and actually make PVP truly PVP instead of logging on to find out your stuff was levelled while you were offline, again.

I actually really like a few items in here. I think the base raiding being a thing should hold similar options on claimed land as it does in lawless. All the current rules are doing as someone else stated is make the Mega corps even more powerful. The player base is dwindling every day, and now youre getting those that login just for a major update then leave once again. A true MMO never had this issue

3 hours ago, MeatSammich said:

Базовые рейды в игре просто раздражают огромную часть игровой базы и не соответствуют пиратской тематике.

Пираты редко совершали набеги на сухопутные цитадели, 99% их активности было на море. Редкие случаи, когда они совершали набеги, это было больше похоже на «Эй, деревня, заплати нам Х денег, или мы собираемся содомизировать весь твой город». Если город не заплатил выкуп или не получил помощь от союзников, тогда они были уничтожены.

PVP должен быть ограничен открытым морем, с островами, являющимися безопасными зонами. Компания А должна иметь возможность требовать дани от Компании Б, и если эти требования не будут выполнены в течение 24-48 часов, или если Компания Б открывает огонь по Компании А, то Компания А может начать наземную атаку.

Как и в большинстве случаев, люди просто создают базу для ада, а не для какой-либо выгоды. Большинство ресурсов просто падают, чтобы распасться. Это дало бы реальную причину рейда - материальную выгоду. Да, у вас все еще были бы компании, требующие нелепой суммы дани, потому что они просто хотят уничтожить, но у вымоганной компании было бы 24-48 часов, чтобы привести в порядок свою оборону, и определенное время, когда начнется атака. ,

Это избавит от рейдерского рейда и разрушения, просто чтобы уничтожить его, черт побери, заставить альянсы действительно что-то значить, и фактически сделать PVP по-настоящему PVP вместо того, чтобы войти, чтобы узнать, что ваши вещи были выровнены, пока вы были в автономном режиме, опять же.

Sounds like a great mechanic, so.. no!

e95d20f0d7fcbff8664e04082bd8dc74.jpg

The gather rates need to be equalized in terms of weekday to weekend rates. They both should be the same, both set at the current weekend rates. This would promote more PVP and combat since players can get into the fight quicker and recover from losses faster. As well it would have the net effect of encouraging more aggressive play and wars since players would be able to afford and risk more then they can do currently.

this happened to a neighbour of mine, just a schooner with 10 large cannons stacked on one side did it

they were neighbours but decided to stab them in the back while they were offline, the NPCs are next to useless without someone monitoring them

I have come to the conclusion that you are better off just not playing the game, you grind for hours making glass cannons that can be gone in 10 minutes

20190125113604_1.jpg

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, Congo said:

I don't know maybe. I just feel like at the end of the day, farming for 4 hours. to have a ship destroyed uncontested while the company is completely offline for the first time in 16 hours in less than a couple minutes is extremely broken. I can build an entire base quicker than one ship. Yet the time to demolish the former is much longer than the latter?!

stone walls take 10 regular cannon balls to destroy, they are as weak as ships

13 hours ago, DocHolliday said:

The easiest answer is to straight up remove the ability to offline raid, the company i'm in in J13 has lost a galleon that we had to babysit for 2 months straight because the top 3 guilds on NA Krakenmaw constantly every single night would come in and barrel our ships, this is one of the 3 companies with 100+ people coming in and raiding a company of only 30, our company barely manages to keep 20 people on per day because people have gotten tired of being raided 24/7 by these large companies who are openly duping resources, blueprints, gold, and ship parts and BRAG ABOUT IT on twitch, one of the people doing it literally had a dev in their channel watching them do the duping and have had nothing happen to them.

Companies like mine are sitting in our bases playing legit with dwindling players while these large companies freely cheat their way to ruling the game, and I hate it because we went from being a game with 50,000 people per day to 1 month later being a game with only 11,000 players across all official and unofficial game servers. Jat and the rest of the dev team need to focus on wiping the entire official world servers and using that wipe to instantly and easily catch the duping players and banning them en-mass I've stopped playing the game as of 2 nights ago when my company lost our galleon that we had over 200 pvp kills to a douchebag in a large company glitching firejars and fire arrows onto a ship from in the ocean and sinking the gally before returning 12hrs later with a zerg of 150 people who proceeded to server lock  our zone causing crashes and rollbacks every 10 minutes for 14 hours which thankfully ended in our 30man alliance fighting off the 150 man crew. Not a single part of that experience was fun nor was it something I wish to experience.

This isn't ARK SURVIVAL EVOLVED but the developers are treating this like a HARDCORE SURVIVAL SIM which this was never advertised as, it was advertised to us as a fucking 40,000 player per server pirate themed MMO where we could go into towns filled with AI, fight mythical monsters and other players on the open seas on ships that we built.

Instead we get ARK where we grind for days on end to build a ship, have a cheating company come by when we're sleeping, delete our ships and steal our small plot of land in a few minutes by glitching flags and forcing all of us who play legit to respawn in a freeport and start the entire nightmare over again. 

And if you actually manage to join a company you get to enjoy being told what you can build, how you can build it, and being told you're never allowed to touch the resources in the resource chest of the base because those 6 different materials you spent week after week farming nonstop are only allowed to be used by the admins to make their own personal battleships with personal medium, large, swivel cannons with masterwork decks and sails. And you're never allowed to leave the base because youre now the the company slave, your job is to farm all day, sit in a tower guarding their ship, and if a tame or ship gets sunk while you're taking a piss or getting something to eat you get to enjoy hearing them scream at you that it all your fault and if you ever do it again you're kicked out of the company.

All of this had made me not want to play the game anymore after 553 hours of gameplay. And in all reality the devs don't care because if they did care  CSTG, No No No! SoV would all have been banned from the game for being dupers, hackers, racists, and griefers using exploits to put barrels inside ships to blow them up.

But instead anytime anyone ever complains on the reddit or these forums the posts and threads are instantly deleted which tells me I should have gotten a refund on the game the night it came out because I cannot support a company that doesn't honor it's Terms of service.

• Like 2

Folks that suggest the magical cure of somehow preventing offline raiding aren't living in the real world. These servers you play on have many different players living in many different time zones. What is sleep time for some is day time for others. It simply doesn't work for servers that cater to multiple time zones.

Also the idea that players can dock a ship in a magical garage and then it goes poof and vanishes when they log off obviously has not taken balance into account. Any suggestion that ships should be taken out of the world when the owner goes offline is ridiculous and lazy. If you want to protect such ships build defenses and this is a legitimate area the developers can improve on. Currently players have to build their own large structures which not only adds to the server load and render lag but they often aren't very effective in any case.

I think it would be nice if the devs gave us some pre-packaged defensive structures such as pre-made cannon towers and the like. Sure the role players will scream about less creativity but who gives a fk if it actually works. The same could be true for harbors or at least harbor walls. Instead of having players spam silly giant gates everywhere give us a pre-made harbor wall that is expensive but is solid and far easier to render.

Edited by Bullet Force
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Kaelath_The_Red said:

The easiest answer is to straight up remove the ability to offline raid, the company i'm in in J13 has lost a galleon that we had to babysit for 2 months straight because the top 3 guilds on NA Krakenmaw constantly every single night would come in and barrel our ships, this is one of the 3 companies with 100+ people coming in and raiding a company of only 30, our company barely manages to keep 20 people on per day because people have gotten tired of being raided 24/7 by these large companies who are openly duping resources, blueprints, gold, and ship parts and BRAG ABOUT IT on twitch, one of the people doing it literally had a dev in their channel watching them do the duping and have had nothing happen to them.

Companies like mine are sitting in our bases playing legit with dwindling players while these large companies freely cheat their way to ruling the game, and I hate it because we went from being a game with 50,000 people per day to 1 month later being a game with only 11,000 players across all official and unofficial game servers. Jat and the rest of the dev team need to focus on wiping the entire official world servers and using that wipe to instantly and easily catch the duping players and banning them en-mass I've stopped playing the game as of 2 nights ago when my company lost our galleon that we had over 200 pvp kills to a douchebag in a large company glitching firejars and fire arrows onto a ship from in the ocean and sinking the gally before returning 12hrs later with a zerg of 150 people who proceeded to server lock  our zone causing crashes and rollbacks every 10 minutes for 14 hours which thankfully ended in our 30man alliance fighting off the 150 man crew. Not a single part of that experience was fun nor was it something I wish to experience.

This isn't ARK SURVIVAL EVOLVED but the developers are treating this like a HARDCORE SURVIVAL SIM which this was never advertised as, it was advertised to us as a fucking 40,000 player per server pirate themed MMO where we could go into towns filled with AI, fight mythical monsters and other players on the open seas on ships that we built.

Instead we get ARK where we grind for days on end to build a ship, have a cheating company come by when we're sleeping, delete our ships and steal our small plot of land in a few minutes by glitching flags and forcing all of us who play legit to respawn in a freeport and start the entire nightmare over again. 

And if you actually manage to join a company you get to enjoy being told what you can build, how you can build it, and being told you're never allowed to touch the resources in the resource chest of the base because those 6 different materials you spent week after week farming nonstop are only allowed to be used by the admins to make their own personal battleships with personal medium, large, swivel cannons with masterwork decks and sails. And you're never allowed to leave the base because youre now the the company slave, your job is to farm all day, sit in a tower guarding their ship, and if a tame or ship gets sunk while you're taking a piss or getting something to eat you get to enjoy hearing them scream at you that it all your fault and if you ever do it again you're kicked out of the company.

All of this had made me not want to play the game anymore after 553 hours of gameplay. And in all reality the devs don't care because if they did care  CSTG, No No No! SoV would all have been banned from the game for being dupers, hackers, racists, and griefers using exploits to put barrels inside ships to blow them up.

But instead anytime anyone ever complains on the reddit or these forums the posts and threads are instantly deleted which tells me I should have gotten a refund on the game the night it came out because I cannot support a company that doesn't honor it's Terms of service.

No to the of offline raiding idea. Coming up with a different solution to it yes but to simply remove damage while offline in this game would be exploited and ruin the 24/7 pvp.  The game is still EA its more of a beta than anything in my opinion so the exploits bugs people are abusing will hopefully get fixed. till then a wipe would be almost pointless because it would just happen all over again. Also if Jat was in that stream watching good let the streamer show all that crap maybe Jat will take it back to the other devs and they can look into fixed or preventing the stuff like whats been happening. I agree there are a bunch of companies out there ran by kids or people with the you work for me mentality but there are also some really good ones out there as well you just have to look around.  Plus the game description says ultimate survival so most people probably take that as hardcore survival.

Edited by labatts
  • Like 1

On 2/8/2019 at 7:03 PM, Congo said:

If ships are considerably cheaper then it basically makes it moot. Why you have to mow down 400 trees for one ship is beyond me

That is cheap, IRL ship took 1000 - 2000 oaks The Victory took 6000 Oaks. USS Constitution took 2000. So 3000-4000 for a 74 would seem likely. you could not have build a brig IRL with  400 trees.

would be nice if you can sail to free port and sell stuff for currency of Gold and store Gold ina  bank and be able to buy things with Gold from diffrent free ports some being sold out and take time to be refilled via game or player base and instead of your ship sinking in free port it goes into a invisible data storage where you have to pay gold to get it out. this game is total anarchy and it punishes you for going afk for 3 minutes while sailing the open sea by a dozen ghost ships and cyclones and for going to free port to escape the total anarchy all free ports are dead no life like 2 or 3 people in any given one at any given time. the huge clans can easily destroy a small groups base in minutes with cannons and mortars now since stone walls suck and do nothing and its easier to make a cannon and cannon balls than it is to build stone the game is complete mess right now and its down to about 5 percent players of what it had when it started so much bull crap in this game right now its so frustrating to play as a small group or solo even. Dear God this has got to be one of the hardest games to learn stuff from the tutorial was a joke so many people quit because they don't even know hwo the game works and people havet o sail to other servers just to make organic paste unless you want to hunt scorpions and ants your entire weekend. GG

and i would NEVER MERGE with some company I dont care how big or good they are or how cool. I have so much time into my company after constant failure and wanting to give up on so many islands i finally found a island no one wants and i stuck with it having to import all supplies and still i would never merge the game is so fucking stupid sometimes I swear. and allies cant put beds on your ships or use cannons allies are pointless pretty much in some ways and also I just LOOOVE how my friend in the company accidently invited a guy to merge instead of the alliance he lost everything I still to this day feel so bad becauser the guy litearlly was so upset we offered him tons of stuff to make up for it and you could just tell he was far beyond upset the poor guy lost so much stuff time and everything this game has seriously let a lot of people down and it's a shame how the game let everyone fail and not be well informed on information how to play the game and what to do while all the huge clans kept taking more ground and making it harder for the small group to want to play or the solo guy that likes to play 10 to 20 hours a week and sail around in a little boat and hold onti his small 5x5 or w.e base he slaved dying over and over to build and wasting his life doing it what a shame this game turned out to be

2 hours ago, MajorAvatar said:

That is cheap, IRL ship took 1000 - 2000 oaks The Victory took 6000 Oaks. USS Constitution took 2000. So 3000-4000 for a 74 would seem likely. you could not have build a brig IRL with  400 trees.

The only thing IRL about this game is how much time it sucks from my RL smackin trees to get them sunk while i sleep from getting tired smackin said trees