Sign in to follow this  
Pizik

Self-Entitled Posts Full of Hyperbole

I am getting a little tired of all the threads people start which are self-entitled and full of hyperbole.

Does anyone really think that "Thanks for breaking XYZ devs!" is really a good idea for a forum post? Firstly, the Devs do not break or imbalance things on purpose. They are trying to create a game that is a success. The thing people need to realize is that you effectively bought a Beta Key for a game and you have no right to complain like a child when something is changed and does not have the effect the developers intended (Or it does, but you just don't like it). 

People really need to keep in their minds that this game is not complete, it will change for the better and for the worse many times before we get a true 1.0 release. You are the tester. They will patch and things will break. You will test the software and then you should create a carefully crafted bug report detailing all the information like location, item / NPC names, what you did, and what happened - and do it in the Bug Reports section of the forum.

The thing you shouldn't do is totally lose your shit on a public forum, claim that you paid "all this money for a piece of shit blah blah blah" because that is a sure-fire way to get yourself added to the Ignore lists of people. What good is it to the game if your attempt at a meagre complaint gets ignored?

My advice is to never post a rant immediately after something goes wrong with your time in game. Go for a walk. Make a cup of coffee, have a cigarette if that is your thing. But don't just come on a public forum with pointless cursing and salt just because the game is not complete.

I ❤️ Atlas 🙂 

• Like 5

Just to go 1 further. This is more technically an alpha because of the planned features that will inevitably cause massive rebalance to happen. I see the same sort of shitposting on many early access games I play because people don't understand how game development (or software development in general) works. Same BS statements were made about ARK... like chill folks, we don't even know what the "end-game" looks like yet. Magical steampunk pirates are very removed from what we have just like how the early days of ARK are very different from what the end-game Tek tier and battles on space stations that the game turned out to be about. 

We are Pathfinders. We will discover what happened to our ancestors! Viva la Golden Age!

• Like 1

I agree. The problem here was the way it was released. If they called it an open beta we would not have all the bad reviews and rants on the board.

But, they called it an "Early Access" and then changed the meaning of the words early access. For 20 years the meaning of EA was the few weeks right before full retail release, when they let the first wave of people in.

This is not EA by the normal meaning of the words. This is beta. But you can't sell a game in beta outside of crowd funding.

Mistakes were made and now we are moving forward. If the top ten issues are resolved I think people will give it another look.

Atlas has an amazing looking world and the basics of a good game. Maybe one day even a great game.

I for one still support it.

• Like 2