tetro_

personal governance

Are there any companies out there that allow personal pins locks structures taming? Is that ideal?

I love the game but don’t know if solo playing is the way to go. I don’t mind helping the company but I like to keep what I work for you kno

• Like 1

Companies are ruled by a commy system. Everything you farm, tame or make is companys property and you can do nothing about it.

2 minutes ago, znasser said:

Companies are ruled by a commy system. Everything you farm, tame or make is companys property and you can do nothing about it.

Apart from change the Governance settings to Personal Owned? 😛

As for the OP's post; I have always loved solo play but it is so hard in Atlas. 10x harder than in Ark. I ended up joining a company just because I couldn't cope solo 😞

The company mechanics are pretty good but I don't think you should rely on them for keeping personal stuff. Most companies have a concept of personal owned tames or smaller ships.... I just wish when I logged in my ships were in the same zone I left them 😛

(But I have never laid claim to the things I have made and others borrowing them have saved them from the murky depths twice this week :D)

Edited by Pizik

Our company has a common space, and we each have a personal space... we don't mess with other's personal space.

• Like 1

The lack of a sense of personal ownership is, what I perceive, to be one of the biggest downsides to the game.  And, as stated previously, it means that when you join a company you essentially own nothing and what you do bring to a company you lose ownership of as well.  One of the things we're doing to try to correct this is to create pin coded player housing where our members can store personal items.  We all have our personal tames and some have their own ships but use of them is based on the honor system. If company ownership is going to be the norm, then tames and ships need to have a way to lock their usage to admins and specific players. The thing I wish we could do now is to is transfer ship ownership should someone desire to leave the company.  Nobody who put effort into growing a company should have to resort to punching trees should they choose to leave.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Jean Lafitte said:

If company ownership is going to be the norm, then tames and ships need to have a way to lock their usage to admins and specific players. The thing I wish we could do now is to is transfer ship ownership should someone desire to leave the company.  Nobody who put effort into growing a company should have to resort to punching trees should they choose to leave.

Sounds too much like marriage and you are asking for a prenup... even if there was a way to pass items back to a player if they decide to leave the company, I can see this getting messy more times than not, and having to hear the  sad stories here, and Grapeshot having to deal with complaints and demands to force Companies to return items... you shouldn't be joining a team if you are not committed to playing as a team. If I take the time to tame an animal or build a ship, I must understand that I was able to accomplish that because others harvested mats, prepared food or claimed the land that allowed me to contribute to the Company, not to myself.

1 hour ago, Telly said:

Sounds too much like marriage and you are asking for a prenup... even if there was a way to pass items back to a player if they decide to leave the company, I can see this getting messy more times than not, and having to hear the  sad stories here, and Grapeshot having to deal with complaints and demands to force Companies to return items... you shouldn't be joining a team if you are not committed to playing as a team. If I take the time to tame an animal or build a ship, I must understand that I was able to accomplish that because others harvested mats, prepared food or claimed the land that allowed me to contribute to the Company, not to myself.

Funny, your name doesn't sound communist...

4 minutes ago, Jean Lafitte said:

Funny, yours does :)

Owning as an individual, is not really a thing in this game, nor is it needed.
As a company, you rely on your mates, as they rely on you. Stuff has an internal ownership, in regards to respecting other peoples items, ships, chests etc etc.
In my company, we all have our ships. they belong to the company, yes, but i have MY sloop, MY Schooner, MY brig and MY Galleon. Just like everyone else in the company. People can borrow stuff, hijack stuff in cases of emergency, but we all have each our own, governed by the simple rules of respect and morale.

If that is not possible, then what is the point in playing with people you dun trust ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Telly said:

Funny, yours does 🙂

Is that the most intelligent response you can come up with to your communistic views of how companies in this game should work?  Never mind, since it's obvious you are a Marxist/Communist in your views of how companies in this game should work, I should have expected a response that avoided a debate.

2 minutes ago, Rita Longlegs said:

If that is not possible, then what is the point in playing with people you dun trust ?

Because you and the communist above are describing a 'Utopian society'...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utopia

...in which everyone is happy and everyone treats everyone fairly... and which only exists in fiction.

8 minutes ago, Jean Lafitte said:

3 minutes ago, Jean Lafitte said:

...in which everyone is happy and everyone treats everyone fairly... and which only exists in fiction.

You mean "Fiction" like in a game?

Edited by Telly

10 minutes ago, Jean Lafitte said:

Because you and the communist above are describing a 'Utopian society'...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utopia

That is how our company runs, so yeah ROFLMAO..... No need for further argumenting i guess.... Happy gaming ^.^

• Like 1

@Jean Lafitte LOL, it's your company and you are concerned about you being able to take items with you if you leave LOL

Edited by Telly
  • Confused 1

Just now, Telly said:

LOL, it's your company and you are concerned about you being able to take items with you if you leave LOL

Are you seriously that daft?

1 minute ago, Jean Lafitte said:

Are you seriously that daft?

I guess I am.... sorry, I'm still laughing

6 hours ago, Jean Lafitte said:

have a way to lock their usage to admins and specific players.

admin locks on video game items in a video game.

You're better off to just quit as whatever you farm becomes unobtainable. 

1 hour ago, Telly said:

I guess I am.... sorry, I'm still laughing

I am concerned about OTHERS being able to take items with THEM if they quit the company so that they don't resort to punching trees.  Do I need to parse my words further so that you comprehend? Or should I just spell this out for you in monosyllabic grunts?