Stopsigns

Almost impossible to tame elephants

Can't feed here 71D0A85279193A76D70E61D427B54998EE9698B5 

Can't feed here D88130A819F19DE72BE4BD2A47A01493FFCE79C7 

Can't feed here 50CA13CCAD60AE63B7EA79DD55F46A2D3805E873 

Why  is it saying I can feed it but i can't ? There is only one angle to feed an elephant and you have to have a perfectly designed cage  almost. 

• Like 1

u need to be behind its front leg , looking at its ear , not hard once u know where to stand and where to look , 

u cant feed it from the top of its head although that would be good nice and safe 😛

• Like 1

9 hours ago, UDO said:

u need to be behind its front leg , looking at its ear , not hard once u know where to stand and where to look , 

u cant feed it from the top of its head although that would be good nice and safe 😛

Anywhere near the head should count. Period. None of this sliver, magic pixel, safe space. It shouldn't be this ridiculous to tame animals. Speaking of animals, when will the devs dull down alphas? I'm losing my patients with alpha lions snatching me off my mount and killing us both. Regular lions are already a pain with that ability, alphas are just a second tier dick move ability with nothing to counter it. At least give players a way to get out of the mouth faster. ffs.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Muffinman said:

Anywhere near the head should count. Period. None of this sliver, magic pixel, safe space. It shouldn't be this ridiculous to tame animals. Speaking of animals, when will the devs dull down alphas? I'm losing my patients with alpha lions snatching me off my mount and killing us both. Regular lions are already a pain with that ability, alphas are just a second tier dick move ability with nothing to counter it. At least give players a way to get out of the mouth faster. ffs.

I completely agree with the first part. It was working fine and they straight up broke it and now they won't fix it.

As to the 2nd, I will give the devs some credit, they have been nerfing the alphas, it's just that some alphas were so ridiculous to begin with it's hard to tell sometimes. I'd still prefer they were gone or regulated to spawn on islands that are meant to be challenging content, not going around trashing your tames and generally messing with your day just because they can. 

As to the counter to being carried in the mouth, I've sometimes been able to break free by punching them in the face. Against an alpha lion though you're probably going to still be SoL. 

head in the wall...

you cant feed through wall foundation ect

Edited by haseo

Impossible is a bit hyperbolic.  I have yet to have any trouble taming an elephant.  I get punted around a bit when I use a taming pen, but I can always get to an area that allows me to feed.

On 2/8/2019 at 12:49 PM, Warspectre said:

I completely agree with the first part. It was working fine and they straight up broke it and now they won't fix it.

As to the 2nd, I will give the devs some credit, they have been nerfing the alphas, it's just that some alphas were so ridiculous to begin with it's hard to tell sometimes. I'd still prefer they were gone or regulated to spawn on islands that are meant to be challenging content, not going around trashing your tames and generally messing with your day just because they can. 

As to the counter to being carried in the mouth, I've sometimes been able to break free by punching them in the face. Against an alpha lion though you're probably going to still be SoL. 

I don't mind a challenge but, the lion killed me in two hits of my Journeymen Plate. I lost all my good gear and had no warning that fucking thing was there. That is with "nerfed" alphas. The Devs "fix" of making the game "balanced" makes me concern for their ideas of how game mechanics work. I mean, look at the crap they want to add. Subs and Crabs yet the sea floor still glitches out 3/10 times I log in by rising 10' above sea level. How about islands spawning in the way or, the over spawning creatures in some zones. Crossing over zones half the creatures on the boat, players included, get raked off into the water and the sails don't close. Watching the boat sail off on toward the horizon. Last week an NPC crew men mysteriously ascended to what ever heavens in the game. So much needs to be FIXED before they add more broken content to the game. They are just fucking themselves by pilling more problems ontop of the problem cake. It's now layers thick.

On 2/8/2019 at 8:38 AM, UDO said:

This.

• Like 1

On 2/8/2019 at 6:36 PM, Muffinman said:

i agree with alphas but normal lions/tigers?? a lion has low health and a big headshot hitbox. a lion is a 2 shotkill with a bow. tiger is stronger but not really dangerous either if you are close to water.

btw why cant i headshot tigers?

On 2/7/2019 at 11:38 PM, UDO said:

You can feed that way but they made your chancesDEPLORABLEE to tame the elelphant, it ends up killing you over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over. I went through 14 elephants for the 2X tame and that's doesn't seem to be working! I died countless times. 

I've also had the hardest time with taming elephants ever since the patch they made to prevent taming thru walls. The only place for the most part I can feed them I take damage even with armor and a shield I die multiple times losing part of the tame. The shield doesn't block the big aoe attack for the most part. My problem is that prior to that patch when I was taming them the correct way with out glitching them it was easy and enjoyable now it is a miserable experience and after 8 attempts I give up and kill the elephant each time. I really hope they revisit  the feeding positions on them at some point. I believe that made all taming worse instead of the feeding [E] recognize a wall or window or open door way it seems to just process it as wall mesh any help would be appreciated with this devs. I do understand some people are not having these issues as bad and I have tried multiple pens and with out a pen. Bears for life for now lol. Happy sailing all.

OP your naked. How are you going to take a hit?

It's not so bad once you work out how. I tamed 3 this weekend. Wear your best armor (I wear fur). Go in and feed and get out. Count in your head so you don't go in early. Slow the whole process down. Relax and work through it.

Edit:

A 3x3 pin for me is too small. I made a 4x5 and now have 100% tame rate. Get behind the right front leg. Rotate your cam if needed. Or bring some gold to m8 na pve. But I admit I don't know how trading tames work. Never traded.

Edited by Iaxa DeVaux

His head is clipped it wont work, you have to be at the neck, none of those angles get you close enough with him clipped in like that.

I know you're saying "almost" but 90% of everyone taming correctly (with no clipping into buildings, and on the correct spot) have no issues. The other 10% is clipping feedings, trying to feed from butt like it used to be, or people using the wrong food.

• Like 1

On 2/8/2019 at 5:36 PM, Muffinman said:

so u want to stand at top of his head and shove the food through its skull nowhere near its mouth ok 😕 

p.s taming pen made out of pillars is the only way now 

Edited by uli

12 hours ago, Jay8454 said:

You can feed that way but they made your chancesDEPLORABLEE to tame the elelphant, it ends up killing you over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over. I went through 14 elephants for the 2X tame and that's doesn't seem to be working! I died countless times. 

what , wear armour u may take the odd hit but i’ve never died taming anything once i got the hang of the different animals 

easiest tame is lion / tiger u can stand in front of them just out of range of them 

elephant if using taming pen u need to be in the pen with it standing just behind its head near front leg move in feed move out count move in again , u will take the odd hit so wearing armour is advised 

to all the casuals that that want to tame things without taking any damage , why? 

u think you deserve this , wear armour learn the positions for each tame ...stop trying to tame from outside a pen it won’t work on elephants 

Edited by uli

On 2/11/2019 at 6:37 PM, Jay8454 said:

, if i get time this week i will do a quick video showing my taming pen and how i go about taming elephants it might help some people out , 

Im no expert but when I have been trying to tame and been in water I couldnt feed as well. But somebody else might know more if its possible to tame in water? I tamed an elephant a couple of days ago and everything worked fine, I use my best armor and also a shield when i approached to feed, I spam "E" button when I am in the area of feeding. Sometimes the feeding text is in red but it still works, just need to spam "E" and move around a little if the animal wont eat. And yeah, sometimes they have been bolad in feeding pen so a wall is in the way for the safer feeding position. Then I really need shield and try other approaches. Still get hit sometimes in safer positions as well so I recommend shield.

Edited by NiHiL

it is possible to get a perfect tier 3 tame if you have a healer .i came to the conclusion that at that stage of taming it is meant to be more a group thing so a need for a healer can come in but if you also have enough space and time it right you can feed it from under the legs and get out without dieing to much

On 2/11/2019 at 11:51 AM, Pax said:

Seems pretty easy to me.

Well, thanks Pax for the bear idea. Wait till the nerf the bear and that's out the window. The sneaking for you works and yes, I am sure you have that skill/perk as we do to. Not making it up about the repeated dying think you just got lucky.

1 hour ago, Jay8454 said:

Well, thanks Pax for the bear idea. Wait till the nerf the bear and that's out the window. The sneaking for you works and yes, I am sure you have that skill/perk as we do to. Not making it up about the repeated dying think you just got lucky.

i have 4-5 videos i can load up now showing the same thing.. Tamed a 29 thismoring.. THis strat works every time ffor any animal but tiger and lion.

My tamer dies maybe once when taming, well... pretty much anything. With eles he uses plate armor in case he gets hit. But most other tames hes naked lol

Edited by Asanna

3 minutes ago, Asanna said:

My tamer dies maybe once when taming, well... pretty much anything. With eles he uses plate armor in case he gets hit. But most other tames hes naked lol

I specifically take my pants off to tame eles.. Why cause it shows them i have no fear!! Maybe thats the problem..

OP were you wearing pants?