Stopsigns

Raiding vs building

At the moment i used 14 medium cannon balls to break 2 stone walls. NPC's cost so much to maintain and are not very effective. This is great if youre a large tribe, means the more members you have the easier it is, just ally with other tribes of equal size and then just go smash some newbs!

As for the newbs, since raiding is pretty much free, you will never be able to defend your base and it will cost way more for you to manage the upkeep of always having to make new bases, best bet is to leave the game now and just come back when it cost more to raid then what you get for it. At this time, raiding won't be daily, it will be decided.

• Like 2

Dont build by the coast if you dont want to invest in gold-fetching to maintain latge defence crews. Build high on mountains or far inland. Most raiders wont bother to raid something they cannot reach with a boat.

Generally you get raided inland if people hold a grudge against you or want to clear you to control the land you are on.

a good way to keep a chunk of land that keeps your base from mortar attacks is to make small puckle shacks forcing players to destroy infrastructure just to advance to offensive positions.

Edited by Bad News Bear

@Bad News Bear you make no sense. they can easily set up mortars in lawless anywhere around ur base even if your high up. and how are you suppose to protect your ships if you dont build near the coast???? DUUUUUURR

Want to start with, I think stone should receive a buff for how expensive it is. 

But honestly for now  I think a big wood honeycomb structure with a stone interior would be the way to go. 

With the buff to wood ,its still annoying to break through. You can burn it but it still take a little while and takes almost just as much cannon fire as stone. 

Plus wood is super easy to replace. 

On 2/8/2019 at 8:59 AM, Bad News Bear said:

Dont build by the coast if you dont want to invest in gold-fetching to maintain latge defence crews. Build high on mountains or far inland. Most raiders wont bother to raid something they cannot reach with a boat.

Generally you get raided inland if people hold a grudge against you or want to clear you to control the land you are on.

a good way to keep a chunk of land that keeps your base from mortar attacks is to make small puckle shacks forcing players to destroy infrastructure just to advance to offensive positions.

I agree if you build a base by the coast ur asking to get attacked by anyone just passing by. I live on a lawless island and have not been raided since game has started and I play solo. The reason is because my base is in the middle of the island where it cannot be hit by ships. Yes it can still easily be raided but hasn;t been touched. By building inland people have to take a slightly little more risk with setting up a cannon etc where randoms can get to them. I don't know why everyone thinks they have to have their base right on the coastline. 

On 2/8/2019 at 3:28 AM, Stopsigns said:

At the moment i used 14 medium cannon balls to break 2 stone walls. NPC's cost so much to maintain and are not very effective. This is great if youre a large tribe, means the more members you have the easier it is, just ally with other tribes of equal size and then just go smash some newbs!

As for the newbs, since raiding is pretty much free, you will never be able to defend your base and it will cost way more for you to manage the upkeep of always having to make new bases, best bet is to leave the game now and just come back when it cost more to raid then what you get for it. At this time, raiding won't be daily, it will be decided.

Completly true. As i like to play alone this is not my game.

As you mentioned, raiding is super easy, so i buy a ramshackle in a freeport now and then, build oil jars/fire arrows or a cannon and muhahaha sink a few ships and raid a few bases now and then.

19 hours ago, labatts said:

I agree if you build a base by the coast ur asking to get attacked by anyone just passing by. I live on a lawless island and have not been raided since game has started and I play solo. The reason is because my base is in the middle of the island where it cannot be hit by ships. Yes it can still easily be raided but hasn;t been touched. By building inland people have to take a slightly little more risk with setting up a cannon etc where randoms can get to them. I don't know why everyone thinks they have to have their base right on the coastline. 

Building inland is a good idea to avoid being hit by ship cannons but somewhere you will still need a secure location to anchor your ships which essentially requires some kind of coastal defense.