Sign in to follow this  
Stopsigns

Resource Box / Food Larder

Would be nice if there was an option on a resource box / food larder to be bound to a ship and that ship would only take from that resource box / Food Larder. 

The issue is when other ships around you empty your resource box and food larder.

i don't see an issue with this , if you have multiple crew and boats they take what they need to eat / pay / repair your ships while u are away one box runs out if there is items in another they take from that ,

i dont see a downside sorry 😕 

• Like 2

I don't mind them taking from other boxes, I have quite a few of them and if one runs out by all mean take it from another, I don't mind.

Once you get up and running it's no problem just sticking food in them all and leaving it.

I actually prefer the current state as I like to just stock 1 and let neighbors feed off it. Easier then running from one to another constantly checking to make sure everyone has enough. I assume OP is in a company that other players ships are leeching and is causing more work then his crew needs. The thought that comes to mind though would be that beloved saying: There is no "I" in team.

• Like 2

It's certainly saved me a couple of times, when cash ran out on sloop and schooner, and the good old nearby brig kept everyone fed and paid..  Silly work.  How dare real life get in the way of my crew's well being 😄

Learning from that, the brig is now center anchor, other boats crowd around it in the event i'm away on business for a few days and I forget to stock up...  on thing I do wish was that the larder acted like a preserving bag fueled by salt.  Shame food wastes away so fast in it.  Love the resource box though.  That's a nail on the head for me.

4 minutes ago, Archsenex said:

Larders need bigger range, can't cover an entire galleon with one

Bigger range so I can feed the whole fkn  island and all the other players boats around me and of coarse my gold I just love paying for other people's npc crew.  I just love spending hours gathering gold so the all the fkn lazy people around me can benefit. Yes please make it bigger so it spreads across a whole island because my hard work is letting others enjoy the game.