Sign in to follow this  
Ankhwearer

Sometime visible rock may have sunk my ship overnight in a freeport.

Question

My ship sank last night, while anchored in a PVE Freeport. on Day 1343 at 21:19:35, all of my planks were simultaneously destroyed and then ship -1984025095 was removed from the game.

This does not appear to be any sort of griefing for two reasons. M2 is a ghost town, with very few players. And none of the storage containers of the wreck have been demolished and looted.

I am a solo player. It is not quite game breaking to have your ship destroyed while you are sleeping, when you live in K5. But it's pretty bad. Please look into what the cause might have been.

Meanwhile I'm building a ramshackle sloop here so I can salvage the lightweight parts of the cargo of my wreck.

On further look, there seems to be some rock sticking up from the ocean floor, some times it disappears, other times visible. I could climb on it, but my ranshackle sloop passed right through it. So let me post the location: cheat TP M2 5644 424584 296

20190207164832_1.jpg

20190207170210_1.jpg

4 answers to this question

freeports cause rapid decay of all ship panels.  After 8 or so hours, you will sink.  You almost certainly got hit by freeport decay.

2 minutes ago, Archsenex said:

freeports cause rapid decay of all ship panels.  After 8 or so hours, you will sink.  You almost certainly got hit by freeport decay.

Even while anchored?

Disappointing that there is no way to be told this in-game.

1 minute ago, Ankhwearer said:

Even while anchored?

Disappointing that there is no way to be told this in-game.

Yeah, even while anchored.  It's designed to get people OUT of freeports, and to avoid PVP players using them as safe havens.  Yes, it should absolutely be a status icon, status effect, or something else.  There's a reason I can tell you what happened within seconds of seeing your first words.

Of course PVE doesn't really need that encouragement.

And seriously, since that will kill your ship that there is no in-game info about. That's pretty cruel.