Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
phelysarrian

My feedback 3rd

Recommended Posts

Did not think coming back so soon ...

Upkeep/repair/durability - I really feel like spending my time repairing stuff... boat, tools, armors, weapons ... really start to be a burden.

Snake - more and more of these buggers, everywhere and any time and spawning in loop ... F'ing annoying to the point to rage quit. Not including they aggro from so far and follow you for ever, enough time to bump into more snakes... This is really really a pain. I visited some islands packed up with cows/horses/sheep... might you want to review your spawning rules seriously.

SotD - WTF you've done?!?! Yellow and red ships all over the seas ... Like really?1 Green was OK but swarms of green and yellow .. No good. when stuck in storm or small wind you are F'ed!! So was I

Repair - You should look at Conan, no need to have the full amount of mat to repair but just use what you have in inventory and repair to that amount, no need to go all the way to 100%. Really annoying when you cannot repair for 1 unit of mat missing, that would do for 99% repair which is enough.

Xbow - What do you have against? Best basic weapon ever, really missing mine from ARK

Arrow not damaging - I have had many arrows stuck on mob but they completely ignored them... Really. On the over side, I can never ignore a bit - not fair indeed

Wind - If I go north so does the wind come from, south itoo ... I keep my sails at 75 angle nearly all the time ... I even spawned at my first boat to bring to my new plot of land, guess what? The wind was also from the front...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Upkeep/repair/durability - I really feel like spending my time repairing stuff... boat, tools, armors, weapons ... really start to be a burden.
-Thats just part of playing survival games, never played one that didn't require you to maintain your gear

Snake - more and more of these buggers, everywhere and any time and spawning in loop ... F'ing annoying to the point to rage quit. Not including they aggro from so far and follow you for ever, enough time to bump into more snakes... This is really really a pain. I visited some islands packed up with cows/horses/sheep... might you want to review your spawning rules seriously.
-The spawn rates of predators in general could still use some love, but I just hope they don't nerf other predators as bad as the wolf nerf


SotD - WTF you've done?!?! Yellow and red ships all over the seas ... Like really?1 Green was OK but swarms of green and yellow .. No good. when stuck in storm or small wind you are F'ed!! So was I
-I have never had an issue avoid ships, even if I manage to get close enough to aggro one I have always been able to outrun them, even with low wind

Repair - You should look at Conan, no need to have the full amount of mat to repair but just use what you have in inventory and repair to that amount, no need to go all the way to 100%. Really annoying when you cannot repair for 1 unit of mat missing, that would do for 99% repair which is enough.
-I could see this working, but in general I always keep enough resources in my crafting stations to repair gear, and I have NPCs to repair my boat.

Xbow - What do you have against? Best basic weapon ever, really missing mine from ARK
-I prefer a bow over the crossbow generally, but that's just personal preference.  However if they decide to add a cross bow the reload time should be greatly increased from what it is in ARK.

Arrow not damaging - I have had many arrows stuck on mob but they completely ignored them... Really. On the over side, I can never ignore a bit - not fair indeed
-Hit boxes need some work. especially on snakes and birds.

Wind - If I go north so does the wind come from, south itoo ... I keep my sails at 75 angle nearly all the time ... I even spawned at my first boat to bring to my new plot of land, guess what? The wind was also from the front...
-You really can't expect a sailing game to always have the wind at your back, that's just part of the experience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, phelysarrian said:

Did not think coming back so soon ...

Upkeep/repair/durability - I really feel like spending my time repairing stuff... boat, tools, armors, weapons ... really start to be a burden.

Snake - more and more of these buggers, everywhere and any time and spawning in loop ... F'ing annoying to the point to rage quit. Not including they aggro from so far and follow you for ever, enough time to bump into more snakes... This is really really a pain. I visited some islands packed up with cows/horses/sheep... might you want to review your spawning rules seriously.

SotD - WTF you've done?!?! Yellow and red ships all over the seas ... Like really?1 Green was OK but swarms of green and yellow .. No good. when stuck in storm or small wind you are F'ed!! So was I

Repair - You should look at Conan, no need to have the full amount of mat to repair but just use what you have in inventory and repair to that amount, no need to go all the way to 100%. Really annoying when you cannot repair for 1 unit of mat missing, that would do for 99% repair which is enough.

Xbow - What do you have against? Best basic weapon ever, really missing mine from ARK

Arrow not damaging - I have had many arrows stuck on mob but they completely ignored them... Really. On the over side, I can never ignore a bit - not fair indeed

Wind - If I go north so does the wind come from, south itoo ... I keep my sails at 75 angle nearly all the time ... I even spawned at my first boat to bring to my new plot of land, guess what? The wind was also from the front...

Some good ideas. I can imagine them doing some of them, the current game is really just ARK with some additions and changes. Over time it will become less and like like ARK.

I agree, all the repairing doesn't seem much like an MMO type of thing.

I hate the snakes, but I just ride a bear to deal with them.

I used to hate the SotD, but once you get a decent ship to destroy them, they are a fun part of the game.

Ya, why not repair for as much material as you have available, that would be a great change.

Yes, we need more weapons. We need a better one for underwater, that could be the xbow.

The hit boxes suck, they need fixing.

Never mind that some people want the sailing to be even harder. It is actually just about right, except if the wind dies down, that sucks. This is not a sailing game, it is a pirate game, so the sailing should not be made harder, but I think the amount of challenge it currently presents is about right. Just takes some practice like anything in the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, wildbill said:

. This is not a sailing game, it is a pirate game, 

what ?, the whole game is based around sailing , and exploring , u want the good stuff u go sailing ,  there needs to be more emphasis on the sea , exploring the depths , salvaging random ship wrecks , etc , 

 

the end feb patch is addressing some of this , so from your comment u are in for a shock as the game starts to steer more towards sailing and the sea .. they made sialing far too easy from what it was at start due to whining players they make it any easier they just as well add auto pilot and sat navs 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Build a wall around your base and get a bear. Farming on bear is much much easier and with natures cry and healing touch it's really OP so shreds snakes even at low level. If you have gold you can even get some crew on swivels to guard it. Recent change in SOTD spawn rates is really challenging, don't sail in the low wind and invest in large speed sail. If there are SOTDs nearby just keep avoiding them instead of cyclones. Always keep your ship repaired. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, UDO said:

what ?, the whole game is based around sailing , and exploring , u want the good stuff u go sailing ,  there needs to be more emphasis on the sea , exploring the depths , salvaging random ship wrecks , etc , 

 

the end feb patch is addressing some of this , so from your comment u are in for a shock as the game starts to steer more towards sailing and the sea .. they made sialing far too easy from what it was at start due to whining players they make it any easier they just as well add auto pilot and sat navs 

By your logic, pirates were actually sailors, because the sailed around in ships. Nope, they were pirates, just like we are in this game, not sailors. It is a pirate game likewise.

The game needs to focus on pirate activities, sailing, exploring, salvaging ships, finding buried treasure, fighting, killing various creatures, amassing riches, building ships, etc. All pirate stuff.

Making the sailing harder is not something a good pirate should care about 🙂

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wildbill said:

By your logic, pirates were actually sailors, because the sailed around in ships. Nope, they were pirates, just like we are in this game, not sailors. It is a pirate game likewise.

The game needs to focus on pirate activities, sailing, exploring, salvaging ships, finding buried treasure, fighting, killing various creatures, amassing riches, building ships, etc. All pirate stuff.

Making the sailing harder is not something a good pirate should care about 🙂

Many pirates were English sailors, stealing from Spanish ships.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, arzosah said:

Many pirates were English sailors, stealing from Spanish ships.

The topic was whether this game is a pirate game or sailing game. Interesting that some pirates were formerly sailors, but not really relevant.

If you always ride a horse around in game where you are a bandit, the game is not a riding game. The game is about being a bandit. That most bandits were formerly cowboys, does not make the game a cowboy game either 🙂

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't say they were former sailors.  Many pirates were active members of the English navy during the age of exploration.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Repairing gets less when u get blueprints with more durability And ships repairing themselfs from the Ressource box as Long as u are anchored And get 1 crewmember on unseat. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×