Sign in to follow this  
thefatlebowski

Let's not be creative with ships!!

Because we dont want too many different ships showing creativeness do we? Or do we? Well then raise the damn structure limit pls. At lest on the PVE servers...

It's not "creative", it's damn ugly and waaaaay overpowered.

Limit ships to cannon in gunports only.   Don't allow structure outside the frame of the hull, don't allow extra decks above the current amount.

Those "armor" designs are the most hideous things in the world.

• Like 4

Fully agree, these one-shot-front brigs are silly.

Devs completely lost game balance control.

Armor is ok as creative, but limit the guns to fixed positions on deck.

Edited by Talono

I disagree , no one force you to build those ship that focus all cannon on 1 side . It is just one of many build and you are free to  build your ship however you like .

Do remember that Efficiency and good looks always at odd with each other .

i do feel like ship cannons should have to go on (a limited number of) specific locations. thats mostly some one from the outside looking in.

Sticking to gunports is okay idea. Maybe it's little harsh and instead place limit on number of cannons on deck depending on ship size.

For example sloop 2,schooner 4,brig 8 or more,galley 12 or more. Amount debatable

I'd suggest more plank models / options, as we allready have with walls and ceilings o.O
I mean, who havent had the thought, that rear-facing gunports is a very viable option for a galleon / brig ?
Not to mention, the aft top part of the hull on brigs and galleons, makes it pretty darn hard to reach the emergency ladder :S ... (side-mounted ropeladders on brigs tend to bug and only let you get half way up...)

As for the floating tanks.... no way in hell id ever be onboard such a monster :S  yuk 😕

oooh ladies and gentlemen... Do you remember all these platform-saddle-threads in the ark forums? And at least they changed nothing in the official servers. 

So why should they in Atlas?

If u ask me - and I know you don't - they should make it more realistic. As an example: whenever you put 30 cannons in the front of a ship, the nose should be under water and the ship should sink because of that amount of stupidity. I think we call it weight-balancing? 

In games like empyrion or space engeneers they got these physically settings and no one ever cried about...

Well the mega tribes with these 150-cannon-front-one-shot-muhahaha companies will cry if a physics model is introduced.

But in the rest of your post you are correct : Wildcard never cared about customers and never will.

They just communicate with top streamers and megatribes leaders. Marble tower politics, far away from dirty reality.

Edited by Talono

For me Id like the option of different sterns - particularly for the galleon. Ships like HMS Victory had masses of windows at the back. And please - make it so the correct number of sails can be placed. No galleon had 6 masts. And we are most definitely missing the sails that attached to the bowsprite. Along with panels that allow you to build cabin right up to the hull sides instead of cutting short.

• Like 1