Sign in to follow this  
Kr0n1k2541

Well this game is dying.

I have tried, really. I have encouraged friends to stick with the game, I have discouraged people who I thought were overly hard on the game, but there is only so much you can do.

Currently there are less than 2 thousand people watching this game on Twitch, this is a far cry from the early days before you blew it. 

2x weekends are not getting people back to the game, the only way I can see that you might get people back is a complete wipe and a fresh start. You stop hackers yeah, but you don't stop the advantage they gained prior to spawning in a plane or whatever else. You still don't comment on the possibility of OCE servers despite the numbers saying it would work. That would get a hell of a lot of people back into/and into the game. 

For now, I idly sit and wait for the game to completely die on me, or for you to wake up and start making smarter choices.

• Like 1

Right. Twitch numbers, fact is, when the game launched and you get all that early stuff; That’s great to watch. Now people are either grinding or sailing. I have not seen a 10h stream yet that’s fully about raiding or whatever. Thanks for this.. 

• Like 1

oh ? Good maybe new player can be found a place for a claim 😛 

552 hours, and i continue to like this game, i play on EU PVE

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Yes, I look at that steam chart everyday. I see the day coming where I might even be able to get a claim.

If they had a claim system that didn't leave so many claimless, Deleted the cyclones, Worked out better placement for the Sotd… people might stop leaving.

We still may end up with a good game in the end. I'll hold on a bit longer to see. The cyclones have killed my interest in going to sea but I'll hold out a bit longer.

Yes.

I also noticed a slow but steady decline in activity from myself and team members on the PvE EU server. The game has been explored and interest has peaked some time ago. 
I think both PvP and PvE servers needs NPC pirates sailing at the sea (15% chance to encounter), (SoD, at night 10% chance to encounter + higher reward). Something should be done for trading and something to entice social activity with other companies (trade routes, prisoner transfers, raids ect.). 

Though some performance issues has  been cleared and server stability has improved, it is still a chore to plan and build on locations. Also the cost of building materials are inhibiting creative output from the community that should be the foundation of growth on island locations. Right now I see practical building and not so much aesthetically.  It's not impossible to build, however the time and risk are just too high for casual players. Combined with the unstable building mechanics and amount of resources required, that part of the game just dies slowly but surely. 

However the good thing about the situation is that some of you guys will be able to get some Claims soon :-)

Now I don't think this is the end. If they manage to boost the game with more mechanics, visuals and real content/depth, then it will be easy to market and attract old and news player alike to review the game anew.  

I mean, the games decline is inevitable... No server for the chinese... you have no protection for anything when you log off and all the people you are fighting are online when you offline... 

Game has very poor large population design... they obviously need to go take note of how things work in LARGER sandbox MMO's... this Ark mentality is not working.

• Like 1

Take some lessons from EVE or other MMOs that have been around for a long time. The offline raiding is retarded. I'm blue in the face on this, but there has to vulnerability timers that players can control to end offline raiding. Limit the company size and alliances, fix the claim system, end offline raiding and you might have the beginning of a comeback. Until then. . .sayonara.

• Like 1

You know it's funny- I've garnered quite the routine thanks to Atlas:

- Wake up

- Stretch

- Get Coffee

- Hop on playatlas to find the same "Dead Game" rhetoric....

Sigh....Hey, thanks for your opinion!

Edited by Teach
  • Like 4

On 2/8/2019 at 6:20 AM, Teach said:

- Wake up

- Stretch

- Get Coffee

Funny that you've made what, 203 posts? Most of them are negative but you scoff at dead game posts 😄 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kr0n1k2541 said:

Funny that you've made what, 203 posts? Most of them are negative but you scoff at dead game posts 😄 

That’s a false statement. Nice to see that you’re trying to make a point here with lies. 

• Like 1

On 2/7/2019 at 2:20 PM, Teach said:

- Wake up

- Stretch

- Get Coffee

“The reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated.”

Mark Twain

• Like 1

couldnt care less what you think, For us Roleplayers this game is epic fun and will have lasting good fun far longer than pvpers 😉