Sign in to follow this  
Khaler

TRYING to turn in a key for a power stone. O7

So last night we took two gunships to O7.  Killed off a fire elemental to open a hole in the shore defense and kited the Hydra down to the beach to kill him.   Not too hard, didn't take that much time.

Then came the nearly impossible challenge.  Over at the Cave, where there's hundreds of boats left for FOY access on O7 (NA PvE)  there's also 6 fire elementals, a handful of Gorgons, uncountable armies of the undead and way too many lions, spiders and cobras.   

We spent *hours* attempting to find a way to get in there.   While we did eventually find paths that could get us to the cave (if lucky) we eventually had a level 96 lion stuck in the mouth of the cave so there was no way past it at all.   In all those attempts I made it into the cave 3 times and to the final altar once.   I wasn't carrying my key from the Hydra as these were all naked runs just to find a way in.

You can't clear the creatures with gunships as there's too many damn boats parked there.   You can't get past them without allies luring them away from the path.   It's an insane quest at this point.

• Like 2

Hopefully they soon apply the ship removal patch again. Golden ruins locations isn't the only place they cause issues.

Run over the boats, they are likely all sloops, just ride your ship in there like a warm knife in butter while playing Ride of the Valkyrie

Edited by Bad News Bear
  • Like 2

Those boats are all anchored.

Our guys stuck with it last night after I logged.  TWO HOURS later, with only a few minutes left on the key expiration, two diehards in our company managed to get through with their keys and get the stones.   Two hours of dying constantly until they managed to drag the fire elementals off just right, get the lions burnt by them just right, etc.

Wow, what a fun quest.  NOT!

23 minutes ago, Khaler said:

Our guys stuck with it last night after I logged.  TWO HOURS later, with only a few minutes left on the key expiration, two diehards in our company managed to get through with their keys and get the stones.   Two hours of dying constantly until they managed to drag the fire elementals off just right, get the lions burnt by them just right, etc.

Good job guys!  It was crazy for sure!

1 hour ago, Khaler said:

Yeah the elementals are overboard strong. What do you get from killing one?

The DECAY RATE around the FOY islands needs to be at the level of Freeports or faster.    That mass of boats just makes everything harder when dealing with all these mobs.

You don't get squat from Elementals.   We weren't stopping to check their loot but I'd guess a hundred Mythos or so.