Sign in to follow this  
Mkgego

Night raiding

10 minutes ago, LaiTash said:

If they did they'd have more than just two servers. Mindblowing i know.

Why do they need more than 2 servers ? Things are fine as is the devs just need to have better server performance overall. 

3 minutes ago, labatts said:

Things are fine

Except that the game is bleeding players like it doesn't want to survive another month.

3 minutes ago, labatts said:

Why do they need more than 2 servers ?

Because it would fix the timezones problem? And ping problem (you know these guys from australia or china or whatever not only have different timezones bug a higher ping too) while at it?

Edited by LaiTash

27 minutes ago, LaiTash said:

Except that the game is bleeding players like it doesn't want to survive another month.

Because it would fix the timezones problem? And ping problem (you know these guys from australia or china or whatever not only have different timezones bug a higher ping too) while at it?

If they optimized the game better it would fix the issues with ping. And the timezone issue you will always have. People in the US alone have different work schedules and timezones. Not everyone is on the same schedule as you. On top of that you have people in other countries that have friends across the world that want to play together so having a 3rd server might help a little but you will still have the same issues unless the devs do a better job with optimizations and server performance. You t quoted only few words from that sentence now even taking the entire thing. People are leaving the game due to many reasons. 

40 minutes ago, labatts said:

Not everyone is on the same schedule as you.

Most are. Yeah real life can be a bitch to gamers. 

If they optimized the game better it would fix the issues with ping

It won't fix the physics that says that you have higher ping the farther away you are from the server.

On top of that you have people in other countries that have friends across the world that want to play together

They can play together on official if they are willing to accept some timezone-related inconveniences. It's not worth it to let the game die just because of some small minority of players. The thing is that right now people who live in EU timezone (if we're talking about EU) and have normal work schedules are abusing the mechanics that allows offline raiding to stoneage people without having to face any actual resistance. "oh but timezones" exuses for no ORP are totally irrelevant as they are solved by adding more servers for different time zones. "oh but i have a different work schedule" excuses are totally irrelevant as you are the small minority. Now i get that many people (like you) enjoy 24/7 raiding and that is the ONLY reason to not add ORP of any kind, just stop with the BS excuses ok?

I was in a guild in life is feudal and there were players who sometimes couldn't join a battle because it was 4AM for them. But at least we had a good fight every day, and even these people from other timezones had more PvP in LiF than they'd have in Atlas, because if you want to win in Atlas it's better to avoid PvP and just wait for a night.

Edited by LaiTash

28 minutes ago, LaiTash said:

It won't fix the physics that says that you have higher ping the farther away you are from the server.

They can play together on official if they are willing to accept some timezone-related inconveniences. It's not worth it to let the game die just because of some small minority of players. The thing is that right now people who live in EU timezone (if we're talking about EU) and have normal work schedules are abusing the mechanics that allows offline raiding to stoneage people without having to face any actual resistance. "oh but timezones" exuses for no ORP are totally irrelevant as they are solved by adding more servers for different time zones. "oh but i have a different work schedule" excuses are totally irrelevant as you are the small minority. Now i get that many people (like you) enjoy 24/7 raiding and that is the ONLY reason to not add ORP of any kind, just stop with the BS excuses ok?

I was in a guild in life is feudal and there were players who sometimes couldn't join a battle because it was 4AM for them. But at least we had a good fight every day, and even these people from other timezones had more PvP in LiF than they'd have in Atlas, because if you want to win in Atlas it's better to avoid PvP and just wait for a night.

So you are gonig to punish a bunch of people because hey they dont play at my timeframe thats incredibly selfish and foolish. Of course if someone lives far away from servre they will have high ping. But once server gets 50-70 people you get high ping, that is what needs to be fixed these servers are suppose to hold 150 people and cant even do half that without lagging. By having raid time / pvp time decided by a timezone you might as well make both server PVE it would ruin the entire dynamic of the server. I am only against ORP that allows total immunity while a company is offline. I actually suggested many times that if they added a slight resistance against explsoves while company is offline that wouldnt be game breaking and make both sides still happy.  You are the one so butt hurt about being offlined that you come into these forums and demand things change to benefit you. I doubt that will ever happen so you can either quit or go to unofficial where it suits you more. 

36 minutes ago, LaiTash said:

Life is feudal is a trash game

19 minutes ago, labatts said:

So you are gonig to punish a bunch of people because hey they dont play at my timeframe thats incredibly selfish and foolish. Of course if someone lives far away from servre they will have high ping. But once server gets 50-70 people you get high ping, that is what needs to be fixed these servers are suppose to hold 150 people and cant even do half that without lagging. By having raid time / pvp time decided by a timezone you might as well make both server PVE it would ruin the entire dynamic of the server. I am only against ORP that allows total immunity while a company is offline. I actually suggested many times that if they added a slight resistance against explsoves while company is offline that wouldnt be game breaking and make both sides still happy.  You are the one so butt hurt about being offlined that you come into these forums and demand things change to benefit you. I doubt that will ever happen so you can either quit or go to unofficial where it suits you more. 

Labatts this game is early access, ofc people suppose to change game mechanics according to their point of view. Thats why it's early access and that why they need feedback for people. 

Currently 9 out of 10 people hate the fact there is no offline protection in any form (im not talking about complete immunity) like resistances to structures, ships, NPCs replacing planks automatically while being on anchored ships, reducing range on cannons while being on the cart behind the animal so puckle guns are actually usable as defensive against offline raiding etc.

Developers need to come with some form of offline protection, otherwise population will shrink quickly and only those who play during nights will stay and eventually stop playing too becausr they won't have anyone to play against on such a big map.

2 hours ago, labatts said:

You are the one so butt hurt about being offlined that you come into these forums and demand things change to benefit you

I live off freeport for a long time now and couldn't care less about even having land. But i would like to see more small groups and solo players in this game and within this ruleset they will be all gone soon.

2 hours ago, labatts said:

Lol. By what standards exactly? They have a server grid that actually allows you to see what's happening on the server you're about to cross. They had less server performance issues even tho the game has terraforming and the landmasses are huge. The animations and overall visuals are way better too. The combat system is 100 times better than in Atlas and actually requires skill. Cheating was never a major problem there. Large guilds were so kind as to fight each other and not just the small guys. And it was all made by a team of amateur developers with no previous gamedev experience. The only thing that was wrong with it is slow updates, overly protective ruleset (and still there was more PvP in one week than you'd hope to see in Atlas in two months), to refusal to listen to what players have to say. And i don't see Atlas is doing any better with player retention, it's actually much worse.

• Like 1