Sign in to follow this  
Mkgego

Night raiding

Can we please pleas put a NO damage to structures during night time 02-10  ???

I don´t mind if ships get blown away, if i get killed or my animals get headshoted but for god sake make building non raideable during night (unless you leave door open or stuff like that).

We are a "grown up" company ( 12 active members and by "grown up" I mean we have jobs to attend) so as you can imagine we are quiet pissed off with the nightraiding.

Don´t get me wrong, we are on a PvP for a reason but nightraiding is not to be considered as PvP as you technically don´t fight vs any players...

We were a company of 40 active players when we started, after we got kicked out of I7  (good  ship battles vs the french // everything lost during night as usual (OP fire arrows)  the few that decided to stay (6 ) moved to a lawless island...

But well, raiding here is even easier as you can place a cannon in front of your gate, I get it it is lawless after all...

As I said, i wouldnt even bother to come here to cry for a change if we got raided during day (at least that would be non toxic PVP).

So yeah, once the company members enter and see that we lost everything due the same shit... a well... let me see how many will still play.

Tip :   Underwater secret staches are the best 😄

😞 sad day again xD

PD:  Copy paste Conan Exiles PVP

You have to realize you are playing on international servers. What is "night time" for you most likely isn't for many other players. You cannot demand the game be tailored specifically for a few players.

44 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

02-10 what timezone? What you ask for is not possible when timezones exist.

This is always the excuse that comes up, you are just one of these strange people that enjoy raiding offline structures to give you a buzz. 

There is already EU server and NA server. The timezone would obviously be those time zones, if you don't live in those time zones but play those servers fucking tough shit. 

Anyway no bullshit I have seen entire guilds leave to this, if they want to have the game that way well good for them in a few months there will be a tiny minority of people left. 

Personally I have already had enough, if things change i may come back but atm its useless. 

• Confused 1

Just now, Reavan said:

This is always the excuse that comes up, you are just one of these strange people that enjoy raiding offline structures to give you a buzz. 

Am I really? You like to make assumptions and point fingers? I play EU PvE, so no I am not "one of these strange people".

Just now, Reavan said:

There is already EU server and NA server. The timezone would obviously be those time zones, if you don't live in those time zones but play those servers fucking tough shit. 

So tough shit to people in countries like Australia and New Zealand where they have no choice but to play in opposite timezones? Yeah screw those players right?

Just now, Reavan said:

Anyway no bullshit I have seen entire guilds leave to this, if they want to have the game that way well good for them in a few months there will be a tiny minority of people left. 

Personally I have already had enough, if things change i may come back but atm its useless. 

I hope things do improve over time.

1 minute ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

Am I really? You like to make assumptions and point fingers? I play EU PvE, so no I am not "one of these strange people".

So tough shit to people in countries like Australia and New Zealand where they have no choice but to play in opposite timezones? Yeah screw those players right?

I hope things do improve over time.

Yes screw those players. 

Sorry to say so but this method works in other similar games, sorry you live in a stupid time zone but you are gonna have to deal with it. 

• Confused 1

Make it so you have to destroy the claim flag (picks, cannons, arrows) to claim territory, would make it easy for open land and hard for bases. People would have to think about where to strategically place their flags (even box them in).

obviously box the whole flag and not just the base.

when they take significant damage (not just 3 pick strikes) it would message the team.

also make each claim flag take a decent amount of resources and weigh a lot (1.5k wood/thatch/fiber to make and 300 weight)

Edited by Bad News Bear

Just now, Reavan said:

Yes screw those players. 

Sorry to say so but this method works in other similar games, sorry you live in a stupid time zone but you are gonna have to deal with it. 

I don't actually live in those timezones, I'm in the UK, but I respect those players enough to understand the issue they have, instead of disregarding them and telling them tough luck.

As for saying they are going to have to deal with it, well you are going to have to deal with offline raiding, so tough and screw you??? See it's not nice is it.

Excuses and no I don't have to deal with it if like so many others I do not play. 

The majority will quit currently or the minority will quit? even with a timezone restriction it will be an improvement for the minority out of time zone players because at some point in the day they will have a building immunity like everyone else.

As i said before you are just one of these weirdo's who enjoy offline raiding, I stayed up at 4am one day defending my base from the French and Ships doing this to my base and yes they were bad.

One guy admitted he farms all day just to offline raid at night, he enjoyed that, you sound the same or are just an appologist. 

Maybe you don't deal with this much if you are a zergling? who knows. 

Either way for the majority of people these mechanics are dog shit and people quit, i lasted a few weeks longer than all my mates but what can i do in the end? starting in a freeport numerous times is not what i'd call an engaging experience. 

The only time I 'lost' while trying to actually defend for once was when i stayed up til 4am because i knew it was coming and had a day off.

Being required to do that is fucking retarded. 

Just now, Reavan said:

As i said before you are just one of these weirdo's who enjoy offline raiding, I stayed up at 4am one day defending my base from the French and Ships doing this to my base and yes they were bad.

How do I enjoy offline raiding when i'm PvE?

Just now, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

How do I enjoy offline raiding when i'm PvE?

So you are just typing here to increase your post count?

Seriously?

You do not deal with these problems at all yet you are typing in this thread?

Thanks for clearing up that your opinion means nothing at all. Cheers. 

Just now, Reavan said:

So you are just typing here to increase your post count?

Seriously?

You do not deal with these problems at all yet you are typing in this thread?

Thanks for clearing up that your opinion means nothing at all. Cheers. 

I don't need to play PvP to have a valid opinion. Stop trying to disregard valid points to fuel your agenda.

• Like 1

I don't need to play PvP to have a valid opinion. Stop trying to disregard valid points to fuel your agenda.

Yes, yes you do. 

Just like I should not have an opinion on how land claims work on the pve server or something similar. 

You have no valid opinion and any dev looking for feedback regarding this issue will now see that, thanks for telling us. 

Just now, Reavan said:

You have no valid opinion and any dev looking for feedback regarding this issue will now see that, thanks for telling us. 

:classic_laugh::classic_laugh::classic_laugh: If you think Devs will put in a time period where no PvP can take place because people cry about offline raiding you got another thing coming. Devs have regard for players in all timezones, they won't be implementing timezone specific rules because they don't say screw you to specific countries.

:classic_laugh::classic_laugh::classic_laugh: If you think Devs will put in a time period where no PvP can take place because people cry about offline raiding you got another thing coming. Devs have regard for players in all timezones, they won't be implementing timezone specific rules because they don't say screw you to specific countries.

That is up to them but this is still a thread of feedback regarding a pvp system many disagree with, you don't even play that game mode yet you post here to increase your post count to try have a semblence of a social life in this game forum, you are not the first guy I've came across doing that. ❤️ keep posting in a thread you have zero input on carebear. ❤️ 

This typically comes from people in small companies who are all in or around the same time zones.  I don't have an easy answer for this from the rule set perspective.  Any restrictions you put in place can hamstring the game play to protect these smaller companies. 

Smaller companies have options for survival.

1.  Merge with companies that have different times of availability to cover their assets.

2.  Merge with larger companies who already have this or are looking for coverage in that timezone.

3.  Build multi-layer defenses that can be very costly to break into and take more time then some are willing to spend.  Most difficult option, but has been done to stop smaller groups of offline raiders.

4. Find a company or alliance with claimable land that allows for better coverage.  Cornerstone to any good alliance are the members looking out for each other especially when they are offline.  Mutual defense pacts can be very beneficial.  Someone hits one of our smaller alliance members we return the favor 10 fold.  Sends a strong message.

This game is wide wide open.  Its up to the players to find ways to make it work.  Its part of the game play and one aspect I love about this game. 

Edited by DocHolliday

People have been trying to make it work in many ways but in the end it results in threads like this. 

Considering they are a small 6 man company they have not tried all the options.  They tried shoehorning their preferred play style in and it backfired so they are asking for the game to be changed so they can play that way. 

Edited by DocHolliday

58 minutes ago, DocHolliday said:

Considering they are a small 6 man company they have not tried all the options.  They tried shoehorning their preferred play style in and it backfired so they are asking for the game to be changed so they can play that way. 

If you look at it that way you are putting it down to zergs vs smaller groups.

ATM Atlas is taking it as the zergs or bust approach much like say Albion online.
In my opinion is should be trying to emulate EVE online more. 
Zergs are an important thing in eve yet you don't NEED to join them to play the game.

Just check how many people play eve and how many people play albion. 

You are right you do not. You can be apart of an alliance or rent land from someone and do your own thing.  The options are there.  You can move up north and be on your own with no guarantees either way. 

I spent years in Eve.  While I see many parallels to it I do not see how you port over high sec and null sec zones and the other assorted siege mechanics without some very bad side effects without careful consideration.

How do you prevent people from using "highsec/freeport" areas as a base of operations to hit zones next door and a few sectors in.  I can see that being a huge issue.   

If a Eve like solution can be implemented that does not drastically alter the game I am all for it.  This is not directed at anyone in this thread per se,  but I do see lots of complaining, lots of this is broke or this sucks with no alternatives.  No solutions.  When the dev team decides to change something deemed "broke" and nobody offers a good solution that the community backs they make up their own crap and most of the time its just that.  Crap.  Happens for pretty much every damn game I ever alpha/beta tested or even with release games. 

Edited by DocHolliday

On 2/7/2019 at 12:02 PM, Reavan said:

Gotta love those that label everyone that doesn't agree with them as a big bad meanie offline raider. I agree with the other poster's comment that demanding specific hours of 'no raiding' does not work when many of the players have different work schedule and time zones and for the record, I do not enjoy offline raiding nor do I get a buzz from it. 

Glad you have already had enough and quit the game, gives you more time to whine on the forum about a game you no longer play. priceless 

• Like 2

On 2/9/2019 at 4:27 PM, Itsme said:

Gotta love those that label everyone that doesn't agree with them as a big bad meanie offline raider. I agree with the other poster's comment that demanding specific hours of 'no raiding' does not work when many of the players have different work schedule and time zones and for the record, I do not enjoy offline raiding nor do I get a buzz from it. 

Glad you have already had enough and quit the game, gives you more time to whine on the forum about a game you no longer play. priceless 

It's doesn't have to be "noraid" times. Some sort of offline resistance buff to structures/anchored ships would be enought. So it doesn't take 5 cannon balls to sink your ship while you are offline.

• Like 1

On 2/7/2019 at 10:31 PM, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

Devs have regard for players in all timezones

If they did they'd have more than just two servers. Mindblowing i know.

Edited by LaiTash