Sign in to follow this  
ave26

Just lost my 12th Schooner

3 minutes ago, ave26 said:

Nothing like ARK. Just compare the charts, this game is doing so much worse.

EU-PVP right now: 
750 / 33750 

We're fineee, game's great as it is,  players are just too dumb to play it :classic_biggrin:

K last post because the thread gone retarded.

Ark is a completed game (albeit bugs that still exist from launch) with years of service under its belt

Atlas? Not. Even. Finished.

Goodnight.

Thanks for the extra lotto numbers- if I win I'll split the earnings with you. They don't mean jack otherwise in EA.

Edited by Teach

Just now, Teach said:

K last post because the thread gone retarded.

Ark is a completed game (albeit bugs that still exist from launch) with years of service under its belt

Atlas? Not. Even. Finished.

Goodnight.

I meant compare the charts of first two months in EA. Yawn.

8 hours ago, ave26 said:

Sorry if my post confused you. It happened in lawless and the ship was surrounded by 8 puckles and 4 swivels, covering all angles. 
I recommended 15 hours decay time so we can park our ship in freeport while we sleep because it gets really tedious to rebuild and level it constantly because it got sunk while we slept. If people are able to keep their ships longer there would be more traffic and more actual PVP interactions instead of offline bullshit.

As a max level solo (sometimes with my irl friend)  player i already politely refused so many invitations from big companies, its just not my thing. Thanks for the offer tho.

Solo player on Offical PVP server, level 51, 4 bears and an elephant, 70 stored planks in multiple bases. Probably a nerd in a zerg company having everything farmed and just log on to offline grief smaller groups and solo players. Fuck off or at least elaborate

I think you’re just a troll now. You have multiple bases but come in here to cry about losing your schooners in a freeport. Amazing. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Percieval said:

I think you’re just a troll now. You have multiple bases but come in here to cry about losing your schooners in a freeport. Amazing. 

How about you read the thread before accusing me of trolling? It was sunk in lawless. Never seen puckles in a freeport. Do you even play the game?

Edited by ave26

24 minutes ago, Teach said:

Please...what killed Ultima was age dude- don't be ridiculous. By the time Ultima shut it's doors, it had so much competition visually and mechanically it was obsolete only being held up by Garriot and his loyal minions.

Rust maintains it's popularity from it's loyal garry's mod fanbase. It's also the cheapest survival game experience that doesn't require a monthly sub. EVE maintains its popularity for being the opposite- the only full-loot PvP game with a sub and cut-throat experience that filters most toxicity and attempts to culture a more mature community through monetization of the persistent environment.

The players will come back on their own lol- take your bitterness out of the equation and open your eyes. Ark has been going through this for yearssss and still has players after all this time. There will be players playing ATLAS long after you're gone too.

I'm not sure where I'm bitter. The reason I'm still posting here is that I want Atlas to succeed. It's a wonderful concept, and in theory, a game I'd love to play for years - but the execution is so, so bad. It's riddled with bugs, exploits and badly-implemented mechanics. On top of that, the game balance is atrocious - look at the swivel cart meta. This isn't early access stuff, it's bad programming and bad design. I wish it wasn't so, but the dev team is just a bunch of amateurs. They've earned an awful reputation with their handling of Atlas, and I don't think they have the ability to repair that reputation.

As for Ark - a quick look at Steamcharts shows that during no timeframe in its three-and-a-half-year history has Ark lost two-thirds of its players. The worst decline was February 2017 to May 2018, ~100,000 peak to ~50,000 peak, a 50% decline. Ark grew during the first two months of early access. Atlas has lost two-thirds of its players in the first six weeks.

Maybe Dark and Light would be a better comparison.

1 hour ago, ave26 said:

How about you read the thread before accusing me of trolling? It was sunk in lawless. Never seen puckles in a freeport. Do you even play the game?

Lawless, freeport, doesn’t matter to me. It’s still something to troll for. Next time when you come in here, please come with a better story than this. This is laughable. 

• Like 1

I feel that the gather rates seem a bit off/low considering how long it takes to even make a basic schooner. If you ask me weekday rates should be the same as weekend. Allowing people to build ships a bit faster will improve PVP since players will be more willing to risk their ships knowing its not going to take them a week to recover.