Sign in to follow this  
ave26

Just lost my 12th Schooner

10 while I was offline, 1 because of server problems few days ago, 1 after I got kicked when i entered a new server and SotD was camping in the next server, 0 in a battle and actual PVP.

Last schooner was protected by 13 npcs. They are completely useless.

Can you please increase freeport decay time to 15-20 hours until the march patch so we can park there during the night?

I'M LOSING MY PATIENCE.

Solo/duo PVP.

Edited by ave26
  • Haha 1

there is a reason why the decay has to be so crazy at freeport but the countless bugs like glitching through walls and ceilings and various skills or items sitting there underpowered "weight sails" for example could be fixed...

Specially the second one is annoying. I bumped SoD and whales that way. Can´t be hard to apply the same code as they did on islands. While I escape, people with slower PCs or higher latency may not.

13 minutes ago, ave26 said:

Can you please increase freeport decay time to 15-20 hours until march patch?

but why? get in, buy stuff, get out. 

never logout in free ports, do not even go afk or for a piss. you girl wants to suck your d.. push her away and tell her you only have minutes left until everything is swallowed by the dark oceans! 

(she´ll understand for sure) 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Mephos said:

but why? get in, buy stuff, get out. 

never logout in free ports, do not even go afk or for a piss. you girl wants to suck your d.. push her away and tell her you only have minutes left until everything is swallowed by the dark oceans! 

(she´ll understand for sure) 

Right now you can safely park it there for 7ish hours but I dont want to be fucking sleep deprived because of this dumbass game. 

8 minutes ago, Wichtelman said:

there is a reason why the decay has to be so crazy at freeport but the countless bugs like glitching through walls and ceilings and various skills or items sitting there underpowered "weight sails" for example could be fixed...

What reason? There was a reason a month ago when freeports were full constantly. Last time I checked it had 5/150 people in it. 

Just now, ave26 said:

Right now you can safely park it there for 7ish hours but I dont want to be fucking sleep deprived because of this dumbass game. 

it takes 20 min. max from a boarder to a free port and back. would NEVER logout in a freeport even with 7h left. 

something in your RL calls you or you overslept, stuff gone. 

1 hour ago, ave26 said:

I'M LOSING MY PATIENCE.

Do not sail on ships whose loss you cannot afford.

1 minute ago, Case of the Scurvy said:

Dont really think that has anything to do with it

No, it’s about someone that has lost 10 schooners because of his own fault rather than anything else.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Percieval said:

No, it’s about someone that has lost 10 schooners because of his own fault rather than anything else.

Tell me, what should he have done differently?

13 minutes ago, Braincandy said:

Think? Surviving solo on PvP is hard enough let alone if you don’t have a place to stay. This is a challenge you accepted by playing it solo, you must accept the concequences. Even though they are going to change stuff to make it easier for solo players. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ave26 said:

NPC crews don't repair in freeports, 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ave26 said:

10 while I was offline, 1 because of server problems few days ago, 1 after I got kicked when i entered a new server and SotD was camping in the next server, 0 in a battle and actual PVP.

I'M LOSING MY PATIENCE.

Solo/duo PVP.

Yo man!  My company is accepting solo players right now.  We have a decent chunk of land you can build on/park your ships and a great alliance.  We let our members have total freedom to play the game how they want.  You can watch our recruitment video if you're interested!

8 hours ago, ave26 said:

I'M LOSING MY PATIENCE.

Solo/duo PVP.

You're bad at this game.

6 hours ago, arzosah said:

NPC crews don't repair in freeports, 

Sorry if my post confused you. It happened in lawless and the ship was surrounded by 8 puckles and 4 swivels, covering all angles. 
I recommended 15 hours decay time so we can park our ship in freeport while we sleep because it gets really tedious to rebuild and level it constantly because it got sunk while we slept. If people are able to keep their ships longer there would be more traffic and more actual PVP interactions instead of offline bullshit.

4 hours ago, Tasty said:

Yo man!  My company is accepting solo players right now.  We have a decent chunk of land you can build on/park your ships and a great alliance.  We let our members have total freedom to play the game how they want.  You can watch our recruitment video if you're interested!

As a max level solo (sometimes with my irl friend)  player i already politely refused so many invitations from big companies, its just not my thing. Thanks for the offer tho.

3 minutes ago, Tenebrion said:

You're bad at this game.

Solo player on Offical PVP server, level 51, 4 bears and an elephant, 70 stored planks in multiple bases. Probably a nerd in a zerg company having everything farmed and just log on to offline grief smaller groups and solo players. Fuck off or at least elaborate

1 minute ago, ave26 said:

Solo player on Offical PVP server, level 51, 4 bears and an elephant, 70 stored planks in multiple bases. Probably a nerd in a zerg company having everything farmed and just log on to offline grief smaller groups and solo players. Fuck off or at least elaborate

Sounds like we got a real badass here.

Sounds like we have a moron who can't write more than a sentence. 

Edited by ave26

4 minutes ago, ave26 said:

Sorry if my post confused you. It happened in lawless and the ship was surrounded by 8 puckles and 4 swivels, covering all angles. 
I recommended 15 hours decay time so we can park our ship in freeport while we sleep because it gets really tedious to rebuild and level it constantly because it got sunk while we slept. If people are able to keep their ships longer there would be more traffic and more actual PVP interactions instead of offline bullshit.

I wouldn't say I was confused, rather you didn't say it was a lawless zone, and mentioned freeports in your post.

Playing solo on a PvP server just sounds like you're asking to get your shit pushed in.

2 minutes ago, arzosah said:

I wouldn't say I was confused, rather you didn't say it was a lawless zone, and mentioned freeports in your post.

Playing solo on a PvP server just sounds like you're asking to get your shit pushed in.

Yea my bad. I''m on lawless since day one and I've met dozens of bigger groups who have quit the game after constantly losing their ships/fleets while they were offline. It's not only a solo player issue. I have nothing against big companies but being in a smaller group should be viable, I mean it's kinda viable but it gets extremely tedious and boring wasting so much time just because you had to sleep. I don't see why increasing decay time to few hours would be such a big deal. You still have to repair the ship there, your base still can get raided and most importantly you can sleep without worrying about rebuilding the ship tomorrow.

10 hours ago, Mephos said:

push her away and tell her you only have minutes left until everything is swallowed by the dark oceans!

Man thats some screwed up priorities!

Edited by Nutcutt3r
Priorities!

8 hours ago, Braincandy said:

Puckle guns all around your ship, that is in a box, made out of gates and/or walls. People are just looking for an easy target that they can sink from their ship.

Put a few cannons on the top of the box or in towers that flank the box, that face out in a 180 away from land, set to ships only.

for one to three ships, 10-15 NPCs set up.

Edited by Evir

My solution for you: https://www.playatlas.com/index.php?/forums/forum/33-general-discussion/

There is a whole section dedicated to being a solo carebear. You either play the game for what it is and accept loss is part of PvP, especially as a soloist- or join the bears in PvE.

Why do I have no sympathy for you? Aside from the "countless" invites you've "politely refused", someone even came as far as the forum to feel for you and extend you an invite; WITH LAND. Let's not get into starving Ethiopians- but there are SO many players who could only WISH to be in your shoes, and you obviously take that for granted.

TL;DR - Don't accept the challenge of being a solo player, then cry about losing boats & patience because you personally can't hack it as a solo in a persistent, MASS MULTIPLAYER, PvP game.

Edited by Teach

3 hours ago, ave26 said:

Sounds like we have a moron who can't write more than a sentence. 

I mean, I'm not the one losing tons of schooners and crying about it.

1 hour ago, Teach said:

My solution for you: https://www.playatlas.com/index.php?/forums/forum/33-general-discussion/

There is a whole section dedicated to being a solo carebear. You either play the game for what it is and accept loss is part of PvP, especially as a soloist- or join the bears in PvE.

Why do I have no sympathy for you? Aside from the "countless" invites you've "politely refused", someone even came as far as the forum to feel for you and extend you an invite; WITH LAND. Let's not get into starving Ethiopians- but there are SO many players who could only WISH to be in your shoes, and you obviously take that for granted.

TL;DR - Don't accept the challenge of being a solo player, then cry about losing boats & patience because you personally can't hack it as a solo in a persistent, MASS MULTIPLAYER, PvP game.

And I thanked him for that, didnt I? I refused because I'm on this island since the start and I know every inch of it, including all other islands and servers around it. I know where to find every single resource or animal. I'm allied with 12 companies and I have pretty decent dock with proper stone walls instead of disgusting large gates because I also care about aesthetic and not just meta. I refused because I'm doing well where I am, not because I'm a douche who doesn't want to have any contact with other people. 

Played with 6-7 people at some point but they didn't have as much patience as I did. I'm not here selfishly complaining and asking things just to suit MY needs, I'm asking for thousands of people that left or will leave the game because they keep losing their SHIPS, not even talking about bases here, and they couldn't do anything about it. There are dozens of complaints popping here every single day. You should have sympathy for solo players and smaller groups unless you want to play in completely empty servers with few big companies. Not even exaggerating, it's a fact everyone can check on steamstats. This ark-like design is failing and needs to be addressed before it's too late.

I don't know about NA PVP, but EU PVP seems pretty dead and you're all advocating status quo for some reason. Do you want to make a compromise or be forced to play another game because they cannot sustain these massive expensive servers with such  low player base? 

2 hours ago, Evir said:

Puckle guns all around your ship, that is in a box, made out of gates and/or walls. People are just looking for an easy target that they can sink from their ship.

Put a few cannons on the top of the box or in towers that flank the box, that face out in a 180 away from land, set to ships only.

for one to three ships, 10-15 NPCs set up.

Had 2 towers with 4 puckles on each covering every single angle. Also had 4 swivel guns armed with grapeshot on the ship and one on the tower in case they dive to avoid puckle gunners. All they had to do is make a tower out of thatch and outrange my puckles. My point is if I were there I'd probably be able to defend it or at least have an interesting and intense experience but instead they were left clicking on non moving planks and towers. I can't understand how ANYONE can enjoy this more than actual PVP. Giving us an option to keep the ships while asleep would keep so many people in the game and also lead to more interesting gameplay loop. But seriously I'm done arguing with you offline griefers, you're getting fucked anyways soon as they announced in cpt's log. My suggestion was to give us a temporary safe heaven in freeport until they implement their idea in march.

Edited by ave26
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ave26 said:

I don't know about NA PVP, but EU PVP seems pretty dead and you're all advocating status quo for some reason. Do you want to make a compromise or be forced to play another game because they cannot sustain these massive expensive servers with such  low player base? 

There are always going to be fanboys who defend every decision a developer makes, no matter how plainly wrong and harmful to the population that decision is.

But a dead game is exactly the path we're on. Not only do we have Steamcharts as you mentioned, Reznok's tracker still shows the populations of official NA and EU PVP. At the absolute best moments they have a combined population of about 5,000. Right now there are 3,300 online between both servers.

They can't make any money selling cosmetics with population numbers like that. Since the Fountain of Youth was introduced, we've lost about 20% of players each week. The subreddit has actually been losing subscriptions this week, which makes it feel like there aren't a lot of new people buying the game (33% positive reviews on Steam probably doesn't help).

I don't think the population is going to find a bottom without quick, major changes from Grapeshot, but they seem committed to their failed design. There will only be a few hundred people left on officials here soon.

• Like 2